* Author Topic: Cervical Incompetance - Part Two  (Read 12605 times)

0 Members

Offline MJS24

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
modify
Cervical Incompetance - Part Two
« Reply #80 on: 22/06/16, 17:29 »
Thanks Fififi, I will talk to my midwife to make sure they pick this up and monitor me.

x

FertilityFriends

  • Advertisement
  • ***

    Offline Tincancat

    • Gold Member
    • *****
    modify
    Cervical Incompetance - Part Two
    « Reply #81 on: 22/06/16, 19:44 »
    Hi MJS
    Cervical length scans are not done routinely in my area.  Need to be specific in asking for it.  It would be good to have one now to give a baseline starting point.
    We welcome anyone on this thread who has concerns.  We are here to help if we can as we have had similar concerns we have had to work through.
    TCCx

    Offline pinkfairy2

    • Gold Member
    • *****
    modify
    Cervical Incompetance - Part Two
    « Reply #82 on: 22/06/16, 20:16 »
    I had similar to you MJ - treatment to remove cells where they removed quit a chunk of my cervix. Everyone who j done a smear since then has commented on how short/small my cervix is.

    I had to fight for cervix scans and the only reason I got one at 16 weeks was because of bleeding I had at 12 weeks which continued to 17 weeks. At 16 weeks my cervix was measured at 2.5cm. They didn't do anything despite me asking for progesterone (I had contacted Nick Wales via email to ask his advice and he suggested progesterone which can help support the cervix and possibly doing a TVC but they wouldn't entertain the progesterone at all - it was a different doctor to the IVF team and they just didn't 'get' it). I had a private cervix scan at 18 weeks because I was so worried and it was a bit longer, think it was 2.7cm then. They checked it at 20 weeks and had a faff which did not reassure me whatsoever so I ended up arguing with them and had a proper one at about 22 weeks which was thorough and accurate. Apparently my cervix is curved and therefore difficult to measure but they were happy with the measurements then and that no funnelling could be seen.

    I ended up having my son at 31+5 but it wasn't to do with my cervix. My waters went early, possibly due to the massive bleed I had earlier on in pregnancy and then I started to develop an infection.

    All I'd say is be prepared to fight them and don't take no for an answer. I see you're in a similar area to me (well ERI). Just fight them for the extra scans and reassurance as it's just not worth the risk.

    Offline MJS24

    • Sr. Member
    • ****
    modify
    Cervical Incompetance - Part Two
    « Reply #83 on: 23/06/16, 18:56 »
    Tincancat and Pinkfairy, thanks for your posts.  I'm going to really push them for extra scans and if not I'll pay for private ones.  I find it so frustrating that you need to fight for such things.

    On a different note, I saw your post about Cyclogest with FET.  I had the same concerns at first about so much of it coming out but seems to have done the job so far!  Good luck with your FET, let me know how you get on. X

    Offline dalia2009

    • Sr. Member
    • ****
    modify
    Cervical Incompetance - Part Two
    « Reply #84 on: 28/11/16, 08:50 »
    Hello ladies.


    I am after your advice.


    Here is my history.I had loop cone biopsy in 2008.
    Had some infertility problems- 4 or 5 ectopics,1 missed miscarriage,2 biochemicals.
    When i went onto succesfull pregnancy via ivf they noticed short cervix on 20 weeks scan,its 2.2 cm and i had emergency cerclage next morning.The stich was out 36 weeks and my son was born 37+3.
    Next pregnancy was natural,preventative cerclare on week 12,delivered 38+1.
    Another natural pregnancy,preventative cerclage on week 13.however throughout all early pregnancy scans they kept saying that it was short,that its already changing.I went to hospital on 22+2 when i had quite strong cramps,They admitted me and i was diagnosed with chorio.my water went next day,they took the stich our and the day after i felt my sons legs in my vagina.when i first saw my doctor she check and so no lenghth in ceix but it was closed,it remained closed when the stich went out.So my son was alive for 28 minutes and then he passed away.
    Surely you know and understand what pain i feel at the moment,
    So my question now is : do you think I can try old way - natural or fet and TVC?or should i consider TAC?
    Tac would be a bit of problem for me.I am not in uk right now,Not sure if it will work if i would travel for gp's appoitments and wait for refferal.On private basis with dr.GIbss it would cost me 7-9k.Any other ideas?


    Offline Highlander2016

    • Un-Ranked
    • *
    modify
    Cervical Incompetance - Part Two
    « Reply #85 on: 30/11/16, 09:16 »
    Could you get treatment in the USA Dalia? I've heard it's considerably cheaper than private in the UK and you'd be having it with the worlds top TAC doctors.

    There's been a crackdown here in the UK on people who do not reside here using the NHS so you won't get treatment here whilst you're not living here anyway.

    Good luck

    Offline dalia2009

    • Sr. Member
    • ****
    modify
    Cervical Incompetance - Part Two
    « Reply #86 on: 1/12/16, 05:12 »
    Ok,thanks for reply.


    I will be back to Uk at some point,I think about 6 months.I only left few months ago,after 14 years living there :).
    But at the moment i feel i cant wait that long.And being here i would have family to help with kids after op.
    I will try speaking to US doctors to check the pricing.I already booked with Dr Wales on private basis,on the phone they said roughly 6k.

    Offline Tincancat

    • Gold Member
    • *****
    modify
    Cervical Incompetance - Part Two
    « Reply #87 on: 1/12/16, 06:34 »
    Hi Dalia
    I'm sorry to hear you lost your son despite a preventative cerclage at 13 weeks.  You would definitely be a candidate for TAC before trying to get pregnant again.  Some doctors will however do them when pregnant particularly in the US so if you don't want to wait to try again then do look at whats available in the US.  Nick Wales prefers to do TAC before you become pregnant.  You have to factor in recovery time so if you have help where you are then you would be best having a TAC where you are.
    TCCx

    Offline Highlander2016

    • Un-Ranked
    • *
    modify
    Cervical Incompetance - Part Two
    « Reply #88 on: 3/12/16, 08:48 »
    TCC has made an excellent point here Dalia - are you aware that the recovery time for a TAC will be less than half if you have keyhole surgery in the USA? I don't know of any drs that do it keyhole here, yet all TAC drs in the states do it that way. A big bonus when you have little ones to look after as well as trying to recover. Plus I am certain it is much cheaper there than private here. A no brainer...

    The ladies on Abbyloopers are a mine of info about prices in US etc...

    Offline Mishka1979

    • Un-Ranked
    • *
    modify
    Cervical Incompetance - Part Two
    « Reply #89 on: 26/08/17, 23:33 »
    Dear everyone
    I am new to this forum and would love some advice
    I went to argc last year and had ivf/icsi with 7 embryos
    I had two transferred and had perfect twins until 22 weeks
    On week 18 they found out I had shortening and funnelling of my cervix
    They put a stitch in but that only held things for a month or so and i went in to preterm labour and lost the girls because 1. God's will 2. They were born too soon
    This is the worst thing that has ever happened to me in my life
    My first two months I cried so much , that I didn't even think it was humanly possible
    My third month , after the hormones settled and the EDD passed I feel like I'm now able to look to the future and want to go for a FET
    I'm sure I'm not alone and I would love to hear from others who have been through this ... like when they tried again ....any tips for the FET ?
    Best wishes always