* Author Topic: Cervical Incompetance - Part Two  (Read 12608 times)

0 Members

Offline Tincancat

• Gold Member
modify
Cervical Incompetance - Part Two
« Reply #90 on: 27/08/17, 00:57 »
Hello Mishka
So sorry to learn of the loss of your little girls.  It's a long way back up from the depths of despair after losing babies so close to viable gestation.   I too lost my first set of twin boys in similar circumstances.  There is a thread on cervical incompetence you might find helpful.  I'll see if I can find the link for you.  I'd certainly take a look at being assessed for a Transabdominal Cerclage (TAC).  You can find out more about this and the other types of stitch plus the arabin cervical pessary on the thread.
TCCx

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Mishka1979

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #91 on: 27/08/17, 00:59 »
    Thank you tintincat
    It's a long journey ahead

Offline Tincancat

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #92 on: 27/08/17, 01:05 »
    https://www.fertilityfriends.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=342842.new#new

There is another thread which has been closed because it was over 100 pages but you should be able to find it by searching cervical incompetence
    TCCx

Offline Danaa

modify
    « Reply #93 on: 27/08/17, 01:38 »
    Im sorry to hear about your loss.....so heartbreaking,I have lost twin boys in April and is still hurts.
    Sending you hugs and prayers.

Offline Tincancat

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #94 on: 27/08/17, 08:09 »
    Danaa I have found there are more of us around than we realise before late loss actually happens to us.  The hardest part I found was it's classed as a miscarriage in the UK and isn't really recognised as a loss.  People expect you to just pick yourself up and get on with life when all your dreams and excitement for your future children have been shattered. It's a truly terrible life experience and took me many years to be back on a level as my 11 year old marriage broke down in the aftermath.   Even now I have days when I think about what my first boys might have been doing - starting school, starting secondary school etc.

Moving forwards isn't an easy journey but the gaps between the really awful days gets longer until it's less at the forefront of your mind.  With subsequent pregnancy the whole grief and emotional mess rocks up again.  In terms of my third pregnancy which was successful I didn't enjoy it because of the worry despite my doing everything possible to cover the cervix incompetence issue something else came up and hit me...... IUGR due to poor placenta function in one twin.  It was a tough pregnancy, the ladies on here supported me and my tiny boy hung  on in there and I got to take both boys home. Now coming up to 3 years old these mischievous pair keep me on my toes.

I hope my story can give you both some hope you can have your take home babies even if the journey might have it's ups and downs.
    TCCx

Offline Mishka1979

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #95 on: 27/08/17, 09:35 »
    Sending lots of hugs & prayers your way Danaa
    Tintincat you're totally right
    I am glad you have a rainbow story , it's stories like this I'm searching for & clinging on to

Offline Danaa

modify
    « Reply #96 on: 27/08/17, 17:25 »
    Tincancat im really sorry to hear about your marriage ,you are right people do expect you to just move on but is not that easy,in the hospital they called my boys embryos and that peed me off so much:((they were my boys.....so hard.
    Your story gives the rest of us courage and hope to try again.

Offline fififi

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #97 on: 31/08/17, 14:57 »
    Danaa & Mishka - so sorry you've both been through such physical & emotional heartbreak. Your babies will always be part of your lives and although you didn't get to meet & care for them they are your children and your love for them will always be there.

Danaa - can't believe how insensitive staff at your hospital were. Even if on paperwork & legally a baby born before 24 weeks isn't able to be referred to as such there is no way in any conversation your babies should be referred to as anything but babies.
    April isn't long ago at all so if you are even semi functioning back in 'normal life' you're doing well. I hope you've some good family, friends & collegues to support you xxxx

Mishka - as Tincancat says there's a difficult journey ahead with lots of very black days involved however there are numerous mummies to rainbow babies on FF and whilst we never forget or stop thinking about what might have been once we do get a keeper they become extra precious & reward us in ways you'd never imagine.

Hugs to all xxxx

Offline chiffchaff

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #98 on: 17/09/17, 17:54 »
    Hello all

I see there's a lot of talk of the TAC on here but I would like to urge caution. Not because the TAC causes any immediate or long term problems but because the resulting C Section can.

Problems such as hormonal imbalance and problems in the bedroom. That's not to say everyone is unlucky like me but I do think I wasn't fully informed regarding the risks. I am lucky my new partner is so understanding when the physical element is so important to a man.

If there is any other possibility I urge not to go for the TAC.

Offline Tincancat

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #99 on: 17/09/17, 21:11 »
    Yes a TAC does mean a c-section and the risk associated would be as with any c-section with or without a TAC.  For some, like me, TAC is  the only way to have a take home baby.  Complications after a c-section should be investigated to see if they can be put right.
    TCCx