* Author Topic: Treatment at Barcelona IVF - Part 3  (Read 31660 times)

0 Members

Offline Maggiephatcat

• Volunteer
  • It's a long road, but it's worth it ❤️
modify
Treatment at Barcelona IVF - Part 3
« on: 7/02/16, 04:36 »
Welcome to your new home ^hugme^ 

Happy chatting  ^gossip^   and love and baby dust to all.

^fairydust^

Maggie xxx

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline shilu

modify
    « Reply #1 on: 7/02/16, 20:35 »
    Hi all,

Just to let you know I had my 6 week scan today, one baby and heartbeat detected, 3mm in length. We are over the moon as it all feels real. I had two embryos transferred, so it seems only one implanted, but I am not disappointed at all, this is the result we have been waiting so long for,

Love to you all

Shilu xx

Offline huma

modify
    « Reply #2 on: 8/02/16, 14:52 »
    Wow Shilu that's fab news congratulations  ;D  now you can fully relax and enjoy the pregnancy ... have your symptoms come back?

xxxx

Offline monkeyface1856

modify
    « Reply #3 on: 8/02/16, 18:26 »
    Congrats Shilu, you must be relieved. I'm really happy for you so now you get to enjoy your journey.

Offline shilu

modify
    « Reply #4 on: 8/02/16, 22:33 »
    Hi ladies,

Thanks for your best wishes, no real symptoms other than sore boobs but the sonographer said tiredness will be the main feeling, but yes I
    should just relax a little now,

Good luck to you too xx

Offline erika74

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #5 on: 9/02/16, 04:29 »
    Shilu:

I apologize for not replying sooner. I believe the last month I posted was August and it was the month I delivered my twins. You had asked me what made us go for a double blastocyst transfer and to be honest I thought that was normal procedure on a shared risk plan. I believe they do it that way in order to assure that at least one embryo would implant. I never gave it much thought as I really did not think that two embryos would actually implant but they did. I have my two bundles of joy now that keep me so busy! With the birth of my twins I have three children now so my family is complete. I am so happy for all the women who have decided to do their treatment at BCN IVF as they are the best. Best wishes to all.

Offline Daisy1234

modify
    « Reply #6 on: 9/02/16, 05:47 »
    Shilu that's fantastic so pleased to know you saw a little heartbeat and that it's starting to feel real. Yes I  definitely got tired around this time so look after yourself xx

Offline monkeyface1856

modify
    « Reply #7 on: 10/02/16, 15:42 »
    Hi ladies... Thanks for he encouragement the last few days. I had my second scan and my lining was 7.4mm. The donor is having her collection today and transfer is on Monday. It was a bit of panic booking everything but it's all done now. I can't wait to get out there.... Fingers crossed all goes to plan in the mean time.

I hope everyone is having a good week. I'm back at work tomorrow so Sunday should come quick. Can anyone tell me if the clinic ring to let you know how many eggs the donor had and how many fertilised? I've also paid for the embryoscope, not quite sure if it's worth it but I'll try anything.

Offline shilu

modify
    « Reply #8 on: 10/02/16, 18:32 »
    Hi all,

Erika, congratulations on your twins, how fab! And thanks for your reply x

Thanks for your wishes Daisy1234 xx

Monkeyface 1856 that is fantastic news, it seems to have happened all so quickly and even better news regarding your lining, it will be even thicker by Monday. Having the embryoscope is fantastic, they gave me a USB stick that showed the continuous development from fertilisation to day 5 blastocyst. It also means that they do not keep having to take the embryos out of the incubator, so there are no sudden changes or smells in the environment.
    If egg collection is today, they should give you an idea by tomorrow later in the day, but if not give them a ring Friday afternoon. You probably will not get much info on the weekend as they have minimum staff and deal with emergencies only, but if you speak to them Friday you maybe could request an email for Sunday afternoon.
    But on my experience if you have 6 or more fertilised eggs going well by day 2 then you are in with a good chance of strong blastocysts.
    When I saw the USB clip of 2 of the fertilised eggs developing, you could not only see how well they were developing, but also work out the stronger of the 2, and I'm no embryologist!
    Sorry to waffle on, but I know what a tense time it is!

All the best, fingers crossed,

Love Shilu

Offline Jasminetea

modify
    « Reply #9 on: 10/02/16, 18:55 »
    Hi Ladies
    Been away on holiday but now i am back. I can see there are lots of exciting things going on. My news is that I had my first lining scan yesterday and it was surprisingly 8.9mm with a triple line so I am all good to go. My donor is getting her first scan today so I am just waiting for her.

Monkeyface - thats great news :) I am so pleased for you. I am about 4-5 days behind you i think. I can see that you've had the same illness and radical trachelectomy surgery as me. Its great to meet someone else that has gone through something similar and you probably are having similar worries. If it works I am terrified that I will mc due to having no cervix. Are you considering one or two blastocyst transfers? Most of the time i am thinking that I will go for one as I don't think my stitch will take the pressure of two...but then I keep on wondering if i should go for two as I think two will unlikely implant...

Shilu - yayyy amazing news!! Congrats, i am really happy for you. Hope its all going well xx

Huma - thats great that you can start. Thinking of you and hoping the Nk thing will work out

hope everyone else is well
    xx