* Author Topic: Treatment at Barcelona IVF - Part 3  (Read 32837 times)

0 Members

Offline monkeyface1856

modify
Treatment at Barcelona IVF - Part 3
« Reply #110 on: 19/05/16, 10:48 »
Hi Huma,

I'm so glad everything went well... 6 blast frozen is brilliant. Defiantly worth going back one day for a sibling hopefully.  :)

I'm just going to wait for the EPU scan, it's only another 5 days so may as well. I have no clue which was it is going to go but I'm keeping an open mind.

I hate the 2WW.. How are you feeling? Anything different from you other times? I've just had 6 days of but back to work tomorrow. I'm hoping it will make the weekend go quicker. Just make sure you take it easy and try not to test early. Let us know how you get on.

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline huma

modify
    « Reply #111 on: 20/05/16, 09:53 »
    Thanks Monkeyface

I'm not feeling any different to last time but I've told myself that I'm not going to read into anything as I've been there so many times and that will just frustrate me even more I've done the best that I could do and to be honest everything is now out of my hands ..... I'm going to try and resist to testing early as I keep saying to myself that if it's going to be it will (but I don't know how long that's going to last!!!)

I understand re the scan you haven't got long left and keeping an open mind is the best way forward have you had any apparent pregnancy signs? 6 days off how lovely did you do anything nice? I wish I was still in sunny Barcelona !!

Let us know how the scan goes sending you loads of hugs Monkeyface.

Jasmineatea hope your well.

xxx

Offline monkeyface1856

modify
    « Reply #112 on: 24/05/16, 11:53 »
    Hi ladies,

Well I had my scan today and unfortunately the sac had grown 6mm but it's still empty and around the size of a 5 weeks pregnancy not a 7.6 week one. I was given my options and have elected for surgery but due to having no cervix they are in discussion about whether other not I can have it so I'll know in a few days. I think deep down in knew this was going to be the outcome but DH is devasted. We aren't giving up though so a few days of work and back to it.

Human I hope you are doing okay?  How you feeling?

How are you getting on jasmine tea? 

Speak soon

Offline huma

modify
    « Reply #113 on: 25/05/16, 13:31 »
    Hi Monkeyface

I am so shocked and sadden upon reading your message and don't know what to say as I was praying that everything would be ok for you. I can only imagine what you both are going through sending you loads of hugs and hope that you find the strength to move on from this and start again to have the baby that you both so deserve xxxxx

Offline monkeyface1856

modify
    « Reply #114 on: 25/05/16, 14:19 »
    Thank you Huma, the journey never ends with IVF does it. I've been given meds now so hopefully it will be over with soon.

Have you tested yet? It mustn't be long until OTD.

Offline huma

modify
    « Reply #115 on: 25/05/16, 14:47 »
    I'm really sorry that you have to go through this Monkeyface it's awful I know as I've been there many times but you seem strong and I'm glad that you mentioned in your earlier post that you will be trying again soon - have you spoken with BCN to let them know what's happened?

I'm ok but feeling very bloated today and I know that's due to the progesterone it's a horrible feeling!! Its too early to test as my OTD date is towards the end of next week and I'm trying not to think about it but will keep you posted.

I hope everything goes as well as it can considering the circumstances - keep in touch to let us know that you are ok sending loads of hugs xxxx

Offline monkeyface1856

modify
    « Reply #116 on: 25/05/16, 14:56 »
    Sorry I made you think about testing...  :-X

I've told the clinic... They were very helpful and are going to discuss it in the wire next clinical meeting.

Offline huma

modify
    « Reply #117 on: 25/05/16, 15:39 »
    That's ok don't worry about it  :) I'm just trying to stop myself from testing early but know that I might cave in  :-\

I'm glad the clinic was very helpful have they offered any explanation I guess they can't explain why it's happened either?
    xx

Offline Jasminetea

modify
    « Reply #118 on: 27/05/16, 11:09 »
    Hey guys

Monkeyface - I'm devastated for you. So shocked and sad. I can't express how upset I am. I really thought this was going to work out especially with two transferred.  I am on holiday with little reception and been thinking about you lots. It's great you are positive and already thinking of the next steps. Guess lots if things are in your mind about what could have caused this. At least you know an egg can implant so it's a step forward.
    I'm feeling good. Been for more high risk appts and cervix isn't shortening yet. C section will probably be around mid October which is 3-4 weeks early. Scans are looking fine and Heartbeat still there. Taking progesterone again up the bum :) Still can't believe it's happening.  Feeling energetic and loving my swimming. It's true that you feel good in the second trimester  Xx

Huma - brilliant news! So many eggs too. It's great you've managed to get to this stage considering how long you've waited . I miss bcn. Glad you enjoyed it. Keep us updated. And if you crack don't worry you're only human xx

Have a nice long weekend xx

Offline monkeyface1856

modify
    « Reply #119 on: 1/06/16, 18:09 »
    Heh ladies....

Huma how are you doing? Not long now.

Jasminetea I'm glad your pregnancy is going well. October isn't that far off, time will fly by. How exciting!

Well I was given some medication last Wednesday to help flush the system but unfortunately for me it didn't work and the scan today showed the sac in the same place as it was last week. I have to go in under general anesthetic now on Friday. This bloody stitch is a pain in the butt.

I'm all ready for my holidays now though and will hopefully be starting a fresh cycle in August time. This will be our last go as you all know it isn't cheap and we haven't won the lottery yet.

Speak soon.