Fertility Friends Support Forum banner

Treatment at Barcelona IVF - Part 3

45K views 264 replies 25 participants last post by  hkd 
#1 ·
Welcome to your new home ^hugme^

Happy chatting ^gossip^ and love and baby dust to all.

^fairydust^

Maggie xxx

#2 ·
Hi all,

Just to let you know I had my 6 week scan today, one baby and heartbeat detected, 3mm in length. We are over the moon as it all feels real. I had two embryos transferred, so it seems only one implanted, but I am not disappointed at all, this is the result we have been waiting so long for,

Love to you all

Shilu xx

#4 ·
Congrats Shilu, you must be relieved. I'm really happy for you so now you get to enjoy your journey.

#6 ·
Shilu:

I apologize for not replying sooner. I believe the last month I posted was August and it was the month I delivered my twins. You had asked me what made us go for a double blastocyst transfer and to be honest I thought that was normal procedure on a shared risk plan. I believe they do it that way in order to assure that at least one embryo would implant. I never gave it much thought as I really did not think that two embryos would actually implant but they did. I have my two bundles of joy now that keep me so busy! With the birth of my twins I have three children now so my family is complete. I am so happy for all the women who have decided to do their treatment at BCN IVF as they are the best. Best wishes to all.

#8 ·
Hi ladies... Thanks for he encouragement the last few days. I had my second scan and my lining was 7.4mm. The donor is having her collection today and transfer is on Monday. It was a bit of panic booking everything but it's all done now. I can't wait to get out there.... Fingers crossed all goes to plan in the mean time.

I hope everyone is having a good week. I'm back at work tomorrow so Sunday should come quick. Can anyone tell me if the clinic ring to let you know how many eggs the donor had and how many fertilised? I've also paid for the embryoscope, not quite sure if it's worth it but I'll try anything.

#9 ·
Hi all,

Erika, congratulations on your twins, how fab! And thanks for your reply x

Thanks for your wishes Daisy1234 xx

Monkeyface 1856 that is fantastic news, it seems to have happened all so quickly and even better news regarding your lining, it will be even thicker by Monday. Having the embryoscope is fantastic, they gave me a USB stick that showed the continuous development from fertilisation to day 5 blastocyst. It also means that they do not keep having to take the embryos out of the incubator, so there are no sudden changes or smells in the environment.
If egg collection is today, they should give you an idea by tomorrow later in the day, but if not give them a ring Friday afternoon. You probably will not get much info on the weekend as they have minimum staff and deal with emergencies only, but if you speak to them Friday you maybe could request an email for Sunday afternoon.
But on my experience if you have 6 or more fertilised eggs going well by day 2 then you are in with a good chance of strong blastocysts.
When I saw the USB clip of 2 of the fertilised eggs developing, you could not only see how well they were developing, but also work out the stronger of the 2, and I'm no embryologist!
Sorry to waffle on, but I know what a tense time it is!

All the best, fingers crossed,

Love Shilu

#10 ·
Hi Ladies
Been away on holiday but now i am back. I can see there are lots of exciting things going on. My news is that I had my first lining scan yesterday and it was surprisingly 8.9mm with a triple line so I am all good to go. My donor is getting her first scan today so I am just waiting for her.

Monkeyface - thats great news :) I am so pleased for you. I am about 4-5 days behind you i think. I can see that you've had the same illness and radical trachelectomy surgery as me. Its great to meet someone else that has gone through something similar and you probably are having similar worries. If it works I am terrified that I will mc due to having no cervix. Are you considering one or two blastocyst transfers? Most of the time i am thinking that I will go for one as I don't think my stitch will take the pressure of two...but then I keep on wondering if i should go for two as I think two will unlikely implant...

Shilu - yayyy amazing news!! Congrats, i am really happy for you. Hope its all going well xx

Huma - thats great that you can start. Thinking of you and hoping the Nk thing will work out

hope everyone else is well
xx

#11 ·
Hi All,

Hope everyone is well and looking forward to the weekend :)

Shilu how have you been feeling hope everything is fine with you?

Daisy hope you are keeping well and the pregnancy is progressing nicely? Any funny cravings so far?

Monkeyface - wonderful news re your lining did the clinic call to let you know how many eggs fertilised? Hope everything has gone well. Hope you have a safe journey to Barcelona on Sunday and wishing you loads of luck for the transfer ;D

Jasminatea wow 8.9mm lining on the first scan - that's amazing well done you!! was this a result of drinking raspberry tea?. Do you know when your donor is having egg collection and when your transfer will be?

AFM - I am still waiting for my NK results to come back from Chicago I was hoping they would be back by now but I've been told maybe by Monday which is so frustrating really praying that they have gone down so that I can start treatment otherwise other another injection of humira will be needed and this puts me back another couple of weeks :( .

xxxx

#12 ·
Hi huma,

I contacted the clinic and they told me we got 11 eggs, 10 mature and 8 have fertilised. I'm very happy with that news and can't wait to go on Sunday.

Sorry to hear your results haven't come back. I'm sure they will. The hardest part is the waiting.

#13 ·
Hi Ladies,

Hope you are all well.

Huma, hang in there and enjoy valentines.
I am sure it will be fine x

Monkeyface1856, wow that's fantastic, all the best
for Monday, try and stay relaxed, easier said than done I know xx

Afm, Nothing new to report on, actually feeling OK.

All the best xx

#14 ·
Hi everyone.

Well had my transfer today... I think it went really well. Normally I'm in immense pain but today nothing. I definitely believe it's because they know what they are doing here. Anyway we had 4 embryos left this morning so I decided on putting one back in and froze the rest. My donor is the perfect match in every way, in fact it could be a  description of me on paper. She is also proven which gives me encouragement.

Anyway I hope you all had a lovely valentines.

#15 ·
Hi Monkeyface1856,

That is such great news, well done.

Just keep yourself busy these next 2 weeks, but not with anything strenuous. I know Daisy1234 recommended watching programmes that make you feel happy or are funny, keeps tensions down.

Keep going with your prescribed meds. Regarding folic acid, if you are on pregnacare conception, I switched to pregnacare for pregnancy at this stage. Drink lots of fluids, avoid the carbonated ones and coffee, and that's it, hope that helps x

All the best, I have my fingers crossed for you xx

Shilu xx

#16 ·
Hi Monkeyface,

Congrats on being PUPO and having 4 blastocyst - that's fantastic news try and relax now and enjoy your time off (if your having time off :) ) otherwise as Shilu said don't do anything strenuous and most importantly don't sympton watch - harder said than done I know but I'm sure you be fine.

I also have everything crossed for you - let us know how you get on. Sending you loads of

xxxx

#18 ·
Hi ladies
We've found out that the egg collection is tomorrow and the transfer is on Monday. I've booked the flight even though I dont know the results .. Thought I'd take the risk as flight prices  are high but now wondering if I should have waited...

Monkey face - that's really  great news. And even better that it was pain free :)  Did the doctors give all the embryos a grade? I've decided only only one embryo transfer as well due to the cervical stitch.

Also did anyone get the estrogen and progesterone in the uk? Or did you carry 55 days worth back from Barcelona?

Hope you are all well
Xx

#19 ·
Hi Jasminetea,

Wow you are only a few days behind Monkeyface1856, how exciting!

Regarding your booking it is personal choice, if you have booked easyjet they do allow you to cancel in the first 24 hours without penalty. I did my booking once I knew the embryos had got to day 2/3 but only because last October none of the donor eggs fertilised, which can happen but rare. However, you have a proven donor so unlikely xx

I was given enough oestrogen for 12 weeks, but needed more progesterone from week 7, however they give you a written prescription too, which I was able to use in my local pharmacy. My GP was also happy to write a prescription if I had any problems.

Wishing you all the best xx

Hi Huma,

Any results yet?

Wishing you all lots of love,

Shilu xx

#20 ·
Good morning,

I was only given enough medication to last me a couple of weeks past test day and no prescription. I'm hoping if I get a positive test my GP isn't going to be a pain.

It is a shame jasminetea wasn't there when I was... Would have been nice to say hello to someone. Good luck with the collection today... I'm sure your donor will have plenty of healthy eggs for you.

My embryos were graded at 2 X 1AA and 2 X 2AA which were great blasts. I'm glad you are going for one too, unless he talks you into it when you get there.  :)

Thanks for the wishes Huma... I am planning on doing the least amount of work possible in the next week or so. As soon I know my results I will let you all know.

Time to get my flight back home... Such a shame to leave BCN. It's lovely and warm.

#21 ·
Hi Monkeyface1856,

Don't worry, I think your GP will be fine but if not Barcelona will post a prescription registered so it arrives quickly. They can email but pharmacies here do not accept copies so it has to be posted with your name, address, DOB on the prescription and the doctor's name, stamp and signature and date of prescription.

Now just relax, fingers crossed for you x

Love Shilu xx

#22 ·
Hi All,

Hope everyone is keeping well in this miserable cold weather!!.

Wow Monkeyface the embryo grading is excellent you couldn't have asked for more  ;D  hope you have a safe journey home and enjoy your relaxing time.

Jasminatea - oh my gosh that's happened really fast I guess they will let you know about the fertilisation tomorrow did you also go for the  embryoscope? Wishing you loads of luck for tomorrow  :)  I have everything crossed for you let us know how you get on.

Shilu how are you? Are you having another private scan soon?

AFM - my results are back but I have to see Dr Gorgy as the nurse won't tell me over the phone so I've made an appointment for this Friday feeling quite anxious as I just want to get started with treatment  :(  !

xxx

#23 ·
Hi
Found out we got 12 eggs collected, 11 mature, 9 fertilised which is great news.

Huma- Yes I did go for embryos cope and I only drank raspberry tea for one day before the first scan because I forgot to buy it and I was on holiday. Fingers crossed for Friday. I know how hard all this waiting feels. Hang in there xx

#24 ·
That's great news jasminetea... Well I guess you can book your trip now. You will almost definitely have blasts from that lot. Let us know how it all goes.

#25 ·
Hi all,

Jasminetea that is amazing, you will have no problems with your transfer, I'm sure x

Huma, all the best for tomorrow x

I saw the midwife yesterday and the next scan is at 12 weeks, but I am breaking the news to my family on Mother's Day, so don't know whether to have 10 week scan the day before?

Anyway, Best Wishes to all,

Shilu xx

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.