* Author Topic: Treatment at Barcelona IVF - Part 3  (Read 31733 times)

0 Members

Offline huma

modify
Treatment at Barcelona IVF - Part 3
« Reply #120 on: 4/06/16, 19:31 »
Hi Ladies

Hope your well.

Apologise for the late reply as I was away with work for couple of days.

Jasmineatea good to hear from you and glad that your feeling much better hope your enjoying your holiday where have you gone? Gosh how exciting October isn't far that away and will come around so quickly glad your being montionered regulary big hugs to you xx

Monkeyface how you sorry to hear that you have had to go through the D&C hope everything went as well as can be on Friday sending you loads of hugs xxx

Your holiday has come around very quickly hope you get time to unwind and relax before you start treatment again.

AFM: Well as I was away with work Thursday/Friday I didn't get to test until this morning and I got a BPF ..... I'm in shock as I wasn't expecting this and have no symptoms what so ever but am taking it one day at a time as I have been here so many times before and am praying that everything works out well.

Jasmine area did you get any symptoms from the beginning? xxxx

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline monkeyface1856

modify
    « Reply #121 on: 6/06/16, 16:15 »
    Heh Huma that's great news... I know you've said you have been here before but you have to be positive that this is the one. I'm so happy for you. I hope everything works out for you.

My procedure was fine actually... Feel loads better now it done. Back to work now and get back to normal.

Offline shilu

modify
    « Reply #122 on: 11/06/16, 07:46 »
    Hello ladies,

I am back from my holidays and can't believe so much has happened!

Monkeyface, I am gutted for you and so sorry I was not around to send messages of support. I think we are all amazing at how we somehow find this inner strength to move forward.

Jasminetea, so glad u r well, sending my love.

Huma, massive congratulations, I am over the moon for you, amazing news!

AFM, I got back last weeK to find my bloods were ok, started my period the next day and am booked in for FET 20th June. A bit worried in case the blasts fail to defrost, but keeping positive!

Love and hugs to all,

Shilu xx

Offline huma

modify
    « Reply #123 on: 11/06/16, 11:39 »
    Hi Ladies

Hope all is well.

Monkeyface glad to hear everything went well and that your back at work :-). When are you off to Cyprus hope you have a wonderful holiday so jealous!!!.

Shilu lovely to hear from you and hope you had a fab holiday! Great news re FET don't worry re defrosting as I've heard that they have the same chances as normal embryo transfers so I'm sure everything will be ok. How many are you putting back? 20th June will be here before you know it!!.

AFM: Thanks for your well wishes I'm ok but I'm on constant knicker watch due to what happened last time also a bit worried as I don't have much symptoms so far which I know can be normal but it's so easy to stress about what's not happening symptom wise than what is happening if you know what I mean. I just wish I had something at this stage so that I could put my mind at ease :-(

Jasmineatea hope your well :-).

xxxx

Offline Jasminetea

modify
    « Reply #124 on: 11/06/16, 11:58 »
    Hi ladies
    I'm well thanks. High risk appointments are going well and the stitch/what's left of my cervix is not opening up nor shortening still which is great. Apparently if it's going to happen we should see it around now. I'm still super worried of course. I'm halfway now as he/she is coming out 3 weeks early.

Monkey face - glad the procedure went well and it's great you've got a holiday booked.. How lovely. August will be here before you know it xx

Huma- I'm so happy for you :)  my symptoms were sore boobs n headaches which is like pmt for me so I constantly felt auntie flo was coming. And then when I did get the random bleeds I thought it was game over. It won't be long until your heartbeat scan. Hang in there. I know it's hard. Xx

Shilu - welcome back. How was Alaska? (I think that's where you went). Glad you are moving forward. It's all happening really quickly this month which is great.

Have a great weekend xx

Offline shilu

modify
    « Reply #125 on: 15/06/16, 16:58 »
    Hi Ladies,

Hope you are all well.

Huma, I can imagine all the mixed emotions you must be going through but try not to stress too much, hopefully it's just a couple of weeks before your heartbeat scan. Drink lots of fluids and keep on your folic acid xx

Monkeyface, have a great holiday xx

Jasminetea, hope you are ok xx

I had my scan a couple of days ago and my endometrial thickness was 9mm, so I am over the moon.
    I hope the embies defrost successfully but I will not know until Monday by which time we will already be in Barcelona.

Love to all xx

Offline monkeyface1856

modify
    « Reply #126 on: 16/06/16, 11:34 »
    Heh everyone,

I've stopped getting notifications again... I'm glad I checked.

Shilu, I'm so glad you enjoyed your holiday. It must have been nice to relax and not think about things. I've been looking at the weather in Barcelona and it looks lovely this month. Monday is just a few days away, I'be got all my fingers and toes crossed for defrost but as Huma said, I'm sure it will all be fine.

Huma I'm glad you are keeping positive, are you going to pay for a private scan or have you got one booked in through the midwife?

Jasminetea, I can't believe how fast your pregnancy is going. It feels like only yesterday you told us it was positive. Great news your stitch is holding up. That's one last thing you need to worry about.

I'm going to Cyprus on Wednesday and cannot wait. It's about 36 c next week so lovely weather.

Have a lovely weekend everyone.

Offline huma

modify
    « Reply #127 on: 17/06/16, 12:50 »
    Hi Ladies

Hope you all are well.

Sorry for the late reply as I haven't been getting any notifications for ages which is most annoying !.

Shilu that's great news re your lining I'm sure the embryos will be ok wishing you a safe flight and loads of luck for Monday let us know how you get on xxx

Monkeyface as I am away from work for a couple of days over the next couple of weeks I've decided to wait for the midwife scan - hoping the appointment comes through soon! Hope you have a fab time in Cyprus 36 degrees seems like heaven!! Enjoy xx

Jasmineatea wow I can't believe your halfway there already too how quick has that gone hope the pregnancy is going well for you now xxx

Have a great weekend everyone xx

Offline Canadablue

modify
    Treatment at Barcelona IVF - Part 3 - newbie
    « Reply #128 on: 19/06/16, 17:34 »
    Hi Folks,

Im hoping its ok for me to post on this thread as not yet cycling with IVF Barcelona but making decision this week about which clinic to go with and IVF Barcelona is one of them - have been exchanging emails and hoping to have a skye call with a Doctor in a few days.

Im 46 - no previous natural pregnancies, but a few early miscarriages in my early 40s and this is our first and only (due to limited funds) attempt at up to 3 goes to try to get pregnant using donor eggs.

A few questions for you if I may?

1. What made you chose IVF Barcelona?

Im looking at this one and Instituto Marques and also Procreatec (via Ruth Pellow) and finding it hard to know how to chose the best one

2. Success rates - can anyone enlighten me re their success rates  - the published figures quote 77% for 2 embryos and 72% for 1 - this seems great but higher than most other places. When I spoke to Silvia on friday she said it was the rate for ALL eggs from the donor which Im understanding may mean for 2 cycles (fresh and frozen) rather the average success rate for just 1 go with fresh embryos?  (IM also is quoting 89% which I can believe is the average for 1 fresh embryo transfer, so querying that with them too; Procreatec seems more realistic at 55-65% though they seem to do more transfers with 2 embryos than 1).

Also the FET rate seems low at 41% do you know if this is right?

3.  PGD - I can't find now where I read it but was sure last night I read that IVFBCN always do this for blastocyst transfers - which given all the clinics seem to recommend the blastocyst stage day 5 (?) Im taking for granted would be doing  but IVFBCN says they do the PGD with ALL blastocysts and is about 3000 Euros for this - is this right?? What did you do?

4. Timescales - as mentioned we want to decide on clinic by this time next week (so lots of spreadsheets and frantic emails and calls at the mo!) as my company is a nightmare to schedule time off in advance with and I have a 2 week window from 13th to 28th August where Im hoping can go for the transfer in that time - does this seem realistic to you? (gives us about 8 to 9 weeks).

5. What did you do about the drugs - yours and donors?  and also the pre-treatment tests? Im not working with a clinic in London and Im already know my GP won't be assisting with this as its not an NHS thing

6. Refund programme - where you pay up front for multiple attempts (i think its 3 fresh and frozen if any included but need to check) and they give you 75% of your money back if it doesn't work - did you do and if not just for financial reasons?

7. Finally any tips for getting ready for IVF and preparing my uterus to maximise chances of my lining being good enough for the transfer?

Many thanks for reading and any help you can give me  ^pray^

Canadablue

Offline shilu

modify
    « Reply #129 on: 21/06/16, 21:53 »
    Hi Canadablue,

Welcome to this forum. I think I have responded to you as to why I chose BCNIVF so I won't go into that again.

In terms of success rates I think they are all on par, all very reputable and all have the very latest equipment e.g. it is worth paying the extra for the embryoscope which monitors the embryos til day 5 blastocyst without them having to be removed from the incubator.
    Success rates should mean full term pregnancy resulting in birth, but can be mixed up with any pregnancy.
    I am also 46, had fresh embryo transfer, had BFP but miscarried at 9 weeks, have just had FET transfer this week so will be posting my results in 2 weeks.

I know BCNIVF do not offer PGD tests as standard, I don't know about the others.

Definitely get your drugs in Barcelona, so much cheaper! They give you 3 weeks supply following transfer anyway and they will write a prescription on request if needed to take home.

All blood tests are much cheaper in Barcelona. As an example, I am from the UK, paid approx 500 for pretests and extra to find out my blood group etc with results taking over 1 week to come back, even privately, in Barcelona you can take off the extra 0 and results are literally within 1 hour.

There is no refund programme with BCNIVF that I know of but if there is a problem at the donor end they do give another attempt at no charge.

Your timescale is not unrealistic but you have to be very careful that the donor is ready which is very much out of your hands and the clinic's as it totally depends on how the donor responds to treatment, this is much easier to control with FET. I understand you have enough saved for 3 cycles, so best to have 1 fresh cycle and if more than 3 eggs make it to blastocyst, you can have the others frozen.

Tips for a thicker endometrium, when you start your menstrual cycle, try some raspberry leaf tea, not to be confused with raspberry tea, most health shops sell it, but do not use after DE or FET.

And lastly, you seem stressed even before you have started treatment with charts etc, just try and stay positive and calm, the 3 clinics you have narrowed it down to are all top performing and very good reputation anyway. Just concentrate on yourself, folic acid, fruit and veg and lots of water!

All the best,

Shilu