* Author Topic: Treatment at Barcelona IVF - Part 3  (Read 31729 times)

0 Members

Offline shilu

modify
Treatment at Barcelona IVF - Part 3
« Reply #130 on: 21/06/16, 21:54 »
Hi Ladies,

Just a quick note, I had my FET yesterday so will let you know the results in 2 weeks.

Hope all is well,

Love Shilu xx

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Canadablue

modify
    « Reply #131 on: 26/06/16, 20:42 »
    Hi Shilu,

Fingers crossed for you with the FET results!

Sorry its been a crazy week and this is 1st time Ive to sit down and respond properly to your generous feedback to me.

Actually I don't think you told me why you chose IVF Barcelona (?) but you did say they were excellent which is good to know!

Gotcha re the embryoscope which Ive factored on my spreadsheet (!  ;D)

Thats a relief re the PGD as its a whopping 3k Euros more - I think from having read more about this they would only do if they felt it necessary maybe based on past results

Thank you re the drugs and blood tests - had no idea it was cheaper in Spain thought it was other way round so again thats a relief as makes that simpler -do you need the drugs beyond 3 weeks after transfer?  I don't have consultant that Im working with in UK, just usual GP and I don't think NHS will help me witth the drugs although I did email them with the IVF Barcelona pre-treatment tests and they (much to my surprise) said they would do do them all for me minus the blood group (which you find out for free by donating blood apparently, which given I won't be able to do if have an egg donor baby may be my only chance, although my iron was low a few months ago so perhaps not wisest time to be doing this!) or Karotyping so thats good as I checked out a harley st walk in clinic and the tests came to about 1000 for me and other half. But even though free may not go with NHS option if it will take weeks to come back and if as you say we can get done in Spain could ask clinic to do for us?  How much did it cost you to do all in Spain (at clinic?) and did that include full blood count, thyroid tests, sexual health tests, sperm test, Karotype (other half last 2) and blood count? (think that was everything they are asking for).

I am having a Skype consult with Dr Marta Colodron tomorrow morning - got my 86 spreadsheet questions ( ^idiot^) to hand - hahahah - yes I know, doubt I will get them all answered but thats me for you, Im thorough!

The admin folk have been fab - Silvia is a joy and so quick at responding as it Valentina - very helpful and friendly - definitely a good ad for the clinic

They do a refund programme though Shilu as I have the contract in front of me - its 25,000 Euros for up to 3 cycles  within 14 months (so includes all fresh and frozen transfer attempts I believe) - thats a LOT of dough  :-\ - so the million dollar questions we have are around how unlikely are we NOT to get pregnant after 3 attempts and with all the uncertainty about available frozen embryos how much would the "payasyougo" option end up costing us for 3 attempts with fresh eggs....and would it end up potentially being more....we will need to do some serious number crunching as this is quite a bit more than our anticipated / manageable overall budget and its not going to buy many attempts  :'(  BUT with the refund programme - even though its WAY MORE than we were anticipating being able to spend - at least if it doesn't work you get 75% of your money back (and could potentially give us up to 6+ attempts) ....which frees up cash for other attempts maybe....big decision....

Good to know they offer another attempt free of charge if issue at donor end

I don't think we will make August and I think all the stress you were spot on in picking up! was linked to me working somewhere where getting time off booked in advance is very difficult so with a 2 week window in August was trying to take the stress OUT of the situation by working towards that but instead added to it - lol!  My other half was wise enough to say lets chose the best clinic we can given this is our only shot at this and not chose the one that can squeeze you into that window. Wise words though I didn't appreciate that a week ago Im much more relaxed and better able to assess the clinics now that Ive left that go and also been assured by my manager that if the worst happens and we aim for September and I can't get the leave approved around that time I just take it a few days off for  medical leave and fly over for the transfer days.

Thanks for the endometrium tips - Im on the raspberry leaf tea already and have also been having fresh nettle tea from the garden as Ive heard thats good? (noted to stop before DE / FET again thanks).

What happens though if you pay for the fresh cycle and your lining doesn't get thick enough by transfer day - do they just freeze the embryos and you just then have to pay the 1970 Euros to go for the FET attempts instead and miss out on the fresh even though you have paid for it?

In terms of where I am today, Procreatec have fallen to the bottom of my 3 as they seem to have the lowest success rates (but this could change once i find out more as IVF Barcelona and IM quote rates per cycle rather than transfer), they have the highest multiple birth rate out of the 3 (26%) - Id be eternally grateful for twins but health / risk wise and financially cannot court this option unless its the only option we have and the universe plans it for us that way...the costs seem lower but they don't give us the refund programme option which would be good to have to consider (not a deal breaker as we may not be able to go with that anyway) - but basically IVF Barcelona is in my top 2 now. Got the Skype call tomorrow then the following Monday we have a face to face meeting with a doctor from IM in London - will be interested to hear what they think they do better than the other....after that we have all the info we need to sit down with success rates / costs and gut feel and chose the clinic and then get motoring

Really exciting to be out of that horrible limbo place Ive been in since miscarriages 3 years ago - Im not even daring to think about the potential outcome yet - just excited to be doing something about my dream whatever the outcome - feels really important

Many thanks again for responding to my post xxxxxx will no doubt hear how you get on in due course, how are you distracting yourself while you wait it out?

Canadablue

Offline shilu

modify
    « Reply #132 on: 27/06/16, 11:26 »
    Hi Canadablue,

Hopefully, all your questions are answered tomorrow.

Ref your blood tests, you would need the blood group in advance so they have it when looking for a suitable donor. I don't know if you are planning a trip in advance of transfer, but we went out before to meet the staff, my husband had to give a sample to be checked and frozen.

You are better off emailing for blood test quotes as it sounds like you may want quite a few done. But just to give you an idea, I paid 250 for karyotyping but the clinic would probably only have charged 50 euros.

With the raspberry leaf tea there is no need to bother using yet, only start that on the first day of your period when transfer is due. Don't forget, we shed our lining every month anyway. You should be on folic acid and lots of water, avoid coffee and carbonated drinks.

Lastly, quite a lot of the staff at BCNIVF used to work at IM anyway. It is one of the doctor's from there that set up BCNIVF, so it is probably a smaller set up.

I would not worry about your endometrial thickness. If you have been pregnant before, it is more than likely ok, but usually, even if it is not, the donor's egg collection has to proceed, so your partner's sample fresh or frozen is required, then they will freeze any day 5 blastocysts to be used when you are ready xx

AFM, I am half way through my wait but not feeling it this time, no sore boobs etc, so I am not holding out much hope this time xx

Love to all xx

Offline Canadablue

modify
    « Reply #133 on: 29/06/16, 07:35 »
    Hi Shilu
    I had a great skype with Dr Colodron. Got my questions answered  :) lovely woman.
    Interesting to hear v few go for refund prog. I suspect 25k euros is too much for most to consider, but for 3 full cycles (all fresh & frozen) it does seem a good deal with 75% of money back if not successful when you add up costs on payasgo basis eg approx 8k for fresh & 1.6k for frozen thats 10k for 1 of each, poss more if more viable frozen, for only 1 cycle so 3 cycles on pay as go I think could easily hit 30k mark (double our budget  :o), with no guarantees.
    But then the refund deal needs to be done within 14mths and chuck in a m/c etc how many cycles is it poss to put yourself thru in that time realistically?? Tricky
    Got a f2f consult nxt wk with IM DR
    I think its going to be hard to chose as feel v good about IVF Barcelona but IMs results may be better. Tbc.

Thinking of you. Any symptoms yet?
    How are you distracting yourself?

Canadablue

Offline shilu

modify
    « Reply #134 on: 29/06/16, 08:41 »
    Hi ladies,

I will be testing next Monday but pretty sure it is going to be negative. I have no symptoms at all this time, not even sore boobs so this week has been going really slow.

A bit down as we don't know what to do if negative. I turned 46 this week and just feeling this may be the last attempt.

Sending love and hugs to you all,

Shilu xx

Offline Canadablue

modify
    « Reply #135 on: 29/06/16, 17:43 »
    Shilu
    Sending a hug x

Offline huma

modify
    « Reply #136 on: 29/06/16, 18:42 »
    Hi Shilu

Just wanted to say hang in there as I didn't have any symptoms what so ever prior to doing the test!! Think positive thoughts and I'm sure you will get the result that you want  ;)

Sending you loads of love and hugs xxx

PS Happy Belated Birthday xxx

Offline shilu

modify
    « Reply #137 on: 29/06/16, 21:54 »
    Thanks guys,

I know every pregnancy is different so I am going to try and stay positive, it's just very different to last time, but Thank you all the same, it does help, and like you say Huma, you did not get any symptoms,

Love Shilu xx

Offline shilu

modify
    « Reply #138 on: 4/07/16, 07:34 »
    Hi ladies,

It's a BFN I'm afraid. Although disappointed, I am not gutted as I think I was already prepared for the worst.

I just want to start the next round straightaway.

Huma, hopefully you will be due your scan soon.

Love to you all xxx

Offline monkeyface1856

modify
    « Reply #139 on: 6/07/16, 09:12 »
    Hi ladies...

Once again I've had no emails updating about the site. I got back from a lovely holiday a few days ago and I'm relaxed and ready to go.

Shilu I'm sorry your last FET was a negative. Have you got more cycles planned? After 6 cycles I don't get that gutted anymore, I'm passed that stage I think. I hope you are ok anyway and keeping positive.

How's everyone else doing? Huma how are you getting on? Jasminetea?

Hello canadablue, nice to meet you.