* Author Topic: Treatment at Barcelona IVF - Part 3  (Read 34267 times)

0 Members

Offline monkeyface1856

modify
Treatment at Barcelona IVF - Part 3
« Reply #170 on: 21/10/16, 13:30 »
So ladies, Wednesday was OTD and unfortunately for me it was a negative. I'm not quite sure what the problem is now but I am waiting for feedback from the clinic. 8 transfers and 7 negatives has taught me that I need to move forward and do some more test. 😀

Hope you are all well.

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline shilu

modify
    « Reply #171 on: 24/10/16, 09:35 »
    Hi Monkeyface,

So sorry to hear it did not work this time. There are tests that can be done to see if u r rejecting the embryos. I had a blood test for this and it was ok. I know Huma also had probs and hers was sorted with medication.

Don't give up hope, this was my 6th attempt with donor egg IVF, on top of attempts with own eggs. It seems to definitely make a difference with how well the blasts develop so do have a word with the doctors. I also had 2 blastocysts transferred each time, to increase chances of success.

I know what you are going through but hang in there, easier to say then do, but we IVF ladies seem to have an amazing inner strength.

Afm, I have my 10 week scan tomorrow and I am so nervous because it was at this scan last time that I found out I had miscarried, so fingers crossed this time,

Best wishes and best of luck to all,

Love Shilu xx

Offline shilu

modify
    « Reply #172 on: 28/10/16, 21:34 »
    Hi ladies,

Canadablue, hope ur transfer went ok and thanks for your PM.

Monkeyface, hope u r ok.

AFM, I had my 10 week scan and unfortunately I have lost one of the twins, vanishing twin syndrome.
    We were so mixed up with emotions, grieving over our loss and then relieved that I am still pregnant, this is so hard.
    The midwife said this was quite common and that there should be no reason why I can't go full term, she said it was just nature's way, but that does not reassure me that much.
    I am booked in for another scan next week so that will be 12 weeks, just hope it is all ok,

Love to all xxxx

Offline shilu

modify
    « Reply #173 on: 4/11/16, 18:21 »
    Hi everyone,

I had my 12 week scan and the baby is doing well,
    We are so happy and relieved,

Love to all,

Shilu xx

Offline monkeyface1856

modify
    « Reply #174 on: 7/11/16, 18:25 »
    Hi everyone... how are all the pregnant ladies doing? jasminetea how is your little one?

Shilu I'm so sorry to hear that one of your babies didn't make it but it's great news your scan went well. I'm sure it will continue to be fine now and I'll keep my fingers crossed.

I've contacted the clinic and I'm going to be doing a dummy cycle and then having a biopsy on the day I should transfer to see if I am taking the progesterone at the right time. I'm also having a blood test whilst I'm there... not quite sure what it's for but the clinic suggest it may indicate if me having two embryos transferred is causing it to fail. The embryos are perfect so I have no other choice but to try everything I can before another go.

I hope you are all well. This site is going to be very lonely soon if you all carry on having good news. 😀

Offline shilu

modify
    « Reply #175 on: 8/11/16, 11:16 »
    Hi Monkeyface,

Hang in there, I am sure it will be fine.

I will be on this thread for a few more months yet

Love Shilu  xx

Offline Jasminetea

modify
    « Reply #176 on: 10/11/16, 16:56 »
    Hello ladies
    Thanks so much for your lovely messages.
    Monkey face -  I'm so sorry it didn't work but really pleased you've not given up. I really had hoped it would work for you. I do check this board sometimes when I can as I think of you all often. I really appreciate all the support you've given me and want you to know you can always PM me.  Please keep us updated xx

Shilu -  so sorry to hear about the loss of one twin. I can't imagine how you're feeling. However it's super news that you've reached 12 weeks. I remember the elation I felt reaching that milestone. The weeks will fly by now xx

Canada blue -  thank you for your message. How are you? X

afm, our baby is home now and we've been busy getting to know her. She's growing and feeding well and we've really bonded. I never think about the fact that she came from a donor and any concerns I had about not bonding have disappeared. She feels ours in every way. And I'd do this again.

FYI- consultants said that one of the reasons that she came early  is probably due to the fact it was a DE. Apparently  DE gave a higher risk of premature birth. Thought you might want to know.

Offline shilu

modify
    « Reply #177 on: 17/11/16, 21:34 »
    Hi Jasminetea,

So lovely to hear from you, so glad your baby is doing well.

Just wondered, did you feel pregnant at the beginning of your second trimester? I just am so paranoid. My symptoms have subsided, 14 weeks tomorrow and I don't have a bump or expanding waistline.
    I know it is different for everyone but short of having a scan every week, which I don't want to do, there seems to be no relief.

I would be grateful for any experience you went through.

Hello to all the ladies,

Love Shilu xx

Offline Jasminetea

modify
    « Reply #178 on: 9/12/16, 20:38 »
    Hi Shilu
    I remember not feeling particularly pregnant at 14 weeks. The sickness went and I felt great with lots of energy. I had a lot of wind which made my waist a bit big and bloated but I didn't get a pregnancy tummy until nearer 20 weeks and even then it wasnt that big and I could easily hide it.
    How are you feeling now? Hope you are well
    Hello to all the other ladies
    X

Offline shilu

modify
    « Reply #179 on: 13/12/16, 08:10 »
    Hi Jasminetea,

Thanks for that. I think I am just going to be a bit paranoid all through my pregnancy. Anyway, saw the midwife last week and heard the baby's heartbeat for the first time, amazing!

Hope everyone else is ok.

Hope you are ok Monkeyface. Have you had any more tests?

Love to all,

Shilu xx