* Author Topic: Treatment at Barcelona IVF - Part 3  (Read 34237 times)

0 Members

Offline Jasminetea

modify
Treatment at Barcelona IVF - Part 3
« Reply #200 on: 27/10/17, 09:00 »
Hi LM17
Welcome :)
I'm sorry it didn't work out. Don't lose hope though. It's only your first go and it is a numbers game. I had a donor FET last month and it failed. This was my second DE transfer. However last year I did have a fresh DE transfer and I now have a baby as a result. I was just lucky that it worked first time. Before that I had numerous failed own egg IVF's.
Can I ask why they did a frozen rather than fresh transfer?
We are going for another fresh transfer next month.
Maybe the doctor will suggest they do something different for the next time.
X

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Jasminetea

modify
    « Reply #201 on: 27/10/17, 09:03 »
    Hi Tinseltown   
    yes they found me a match very quickly. In fact there were three to choose from.
    Have you got a match yet?
    X

Offline LM17

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #202 on: 27/10/17, 09:05 »
    Ah thank you Jasminetea.
    I had a frozen transfer by choice as itís hard for me to just drop things at work to travel for treatment.
    I had a fresh transfer with my own eggs in January but had a miscarriage so decided to go down the donor egg route due to my age (42). I also had my left tube removed in July.
    I will try to be more patient :-)
    I think I expected it to work as Iíd fallen pregnant with my old eggs and a dodgy tube. But youíre right, it is a numbers game.
    I hope you are well and thank you for taking the time to reply.

Offline Tinseltown

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #203 on: 27/10/17, 15:30 »
    Hi Tinseltown   
    yes they found me a match very quickly. In fact there were three to choose from.
    Have you got a match yet?
    X

Oh!!!! They actually allow you to choose? What do you get to know about the donors? Weíre going again next week for a few checks. Did you do the Recombine test? Planning to then go ahead when they find a match.

Offline Ksophia

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #204 on: 2/11/17, 13:22 »
    Hi ladies,

Hope you don't mind joining this thread.

We are trying for a second child for 3years and just had a couple of failed IVFs in London.
    Now started to look at clinics in Barcelona as I heard their technology is more advanced and the lab is a better quality.  Currently I short listed Barcelona IVF and IM but prior to the initial appointment, I would like to see if anyone can share their experiences at Barcelona IVF (possibly in comparison to other clinics you saw) ?

I'm 39 years old and planning to use own eggs at this point.

Thanks in advance!

Offline LM17

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #205 on: 2/11/17, 14:58 »
    Hi Ksophia
    I donít have anything to compare it to but Iím preparing for my 2nd FET at IVF Barcelona and my experience has been very positive. I have found them to be extremely responsive (no matter how minor/silly my question is) and very friendly in person too.
    I went to them as they were recommended by a clinic I had treatment with in London.
    Good luck!

Offline Ksophia

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #206 on: 7/11/17, 10:57 »
    Hi LM17,

Thanks for your quick response ! It's really nice to know some positive experiences...

I booked an initial consultation in a couple of weeks time so will see. Hopefully we start a treatment early next year.

Best of luck with your FET!  Please keep us posted.

X

Offline Tinseltown

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #207 on: 19/11/17, 12:24 »
    We're currently undergoing tests with Barcelona IVF. We had our initial appointment at the endo of September, scheduled tests at the beginning of November, and hopefully will have treatment February next year depending on the tests we just went through.

Offline LM17

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #208 on: 19/11/17, 15:51 »
    If not too much of a personal question Tinseltown, I wondered what kind of tests Barcelona have recommended?
    Ive has a failed FET and if this second one also fails, Iím hoping they will suggest further investigations and wondered what sort of things they look at.

Offline Jasminetea

modify
    « Reply #209 on: 20/11/17, 19:34 »
    Hi Tinseltown
    Yes we wanted to choose. They told me their age, if proven fertility, blood group and ethnicity. In the end we went with the doctors recommendation which was based on best match with my features. We didnít do the recombine test.
    X