* Author Topic: Treatment at Barcelona IVF - Part 3  (Read 34131 times)

0 Members

Offline Jasminetea

modify
Treatment at Barcelona IVF - Part 3
« Reply #210 on: 20/11/17, 19:37 »
Welcome ksophia, We only had an appointment with IVI and I thought BCN IVF weremuch friendlier and warmer than IVI. Our experience has been really good.

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Tinseltown

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #211 on: 21/11/17, 18:58 »
    Hi LM17!

We have done several blood tests, karyotype studies and the FISH test. Itís not looking good for us right now.  :'( I need more tests and my husbandís sperm isnít good enough, so theyíre recommending PGD. However, that will end up being soooooo expensive with maybe nothing to show for it, we must rethink our options.

Sort of devastated. Might have to deal with not having kids...  :-\

Offline LM17

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #212 on: 21/11/17, 19:25 »
    Oh donít lose hope Tinseltown. Where thereís a will, thereís a way!
    Itís such an expensive process.
    My 2nd FET has failed so I think Iím going to have to go through some more tests which will be costly. Im lucky that I have a few embryos in the freezer but once theyíre gone, I wonít be able to afford another cycle so Iíve got to throw everything at this.
    I wish you lots of luck Tinseltown!! Do you have your tests in Spain or in the UK?

Offline Tinseltown

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #213 on: 22/11/17, 18:15 »
    LM17 So far, weíve had all our tests there. But I need more blood tests, which Iíll be doing here.

Offline bluebb

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #214 on: 23/11/17, 09:53 »
    Hello girls!

Been reading your posts and found them ver useful to make my decision. I was between IVI IVF Spain and Barcelona IVF and finally chosen one. Barcelona IVF!  ^clapping^ ^clapping^ ^clapping^ I have always wanted to go to that city, and the clinic I have chosen seems smaller, more intimate (also by what you have said in your posts). Iíve got in touch and had a skype appointment yesterday Ė was dedicated an hour and a half! The doctor was super professional (his name was Dr Oliveres). I think I was able to clarify all my questions but still, I get another chance when I go and see them in December as I have decided to take a long weekend off and go and see them personally despite being able to get going from home. Everything seems super straight forward and much easier than I expectedÖ. Still nervous though, although I think itís more excitement than anything else. I ws explained how the treatment is taken and how I have to prepare my endometrium for the implantation and looks like if I can start with my December cycle. Any of you have any advice? What doctor do you recommend?

Look forward to your news, as always.  ^Butterfly^

Have a fab week

Offline LM17

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #215 on: 23/11/17, 10:05 »
    Hi bluebb
    Welcome and good luck!
    Dr Olivares isnít my doctor but he has done both of my transfers and heís lovely!
    Iím doing this on my own so itís important that the clinic is friendly and supportive. Romana is my dedicated liaison person and sheís amazing. Sheís always friendly and responsive and puts up with all my (many) silly questions with good humour.
    Unfortunately my two transfers have not been successful but Iím lucky enough to have another 5 embryos in the freezer so will be going again in the new year hopefully. 

Offline Jasminetea

modify
    « Reply #216 on: 9/12/17, 08:52 »
    Hi ladies and welcome bluebb:)
    I have some great news. I had a 5 day frozen blastocyst(grade 2AA) transferred a few weeks ago at bcn ivf and Iím now nearly 5 weeks pregnant. Itís early days but we are thrilled. I was quite surprised as I had no symptoms just aches which I put down to having a cold. I did test about 5 days earlier than the test date and I did see a faint positive  line early on.
    The reason it was frozen was because while preparing my lining and synchronising with my donor for a fresh transfer my lining started heavily bleeding shortly after the day 9 scan (where my lining looked thick, great and I was all set to book flights) so the cycle got cancelled. I got scans but there was no explanation for the bleeding. the embryos were frozen instead and I had to start the prep again. I did have concerns with the frozen over fresh as it has slightly lower success rates and my last frozen transfer failed with my first donor..my toddler was a fresh transfer also at grade 2AA. This time it was with a new donor.

How is everyone? Getting ready for Christmas I expect
    X

Offline LM17

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #217 on: 9/12/17, 08:57 »
    That is fantastic news jasminetea! Massive congratulations!!
    Can I ask what medication you were/are on and what day of your cycle you had the transfer?
    Did you just have one transfer with your previous donor and was this your first with this one?
    Itís always so good to hear the success stories!
    Iím enjoying the run up to Christmas at the moment....itís nice to be a bit carefree for a few weeks before jumping back on the rollercoaster!
    x

Offline Jasminetea

modify
    « Reply #218 on: 9/12/17, 14:51 »
    Thanks! Canít quite believe it.
    Iím on a daily 6 mg eostrogen and 600mg progesterone. The transfer was on day 14 and it was a 5 day blastocyst.
    For my previous donor, I had one fresh transfer last year which was successful. We had one embryo frozen from the previous donor which was a failed transfer back in August. With this new donor Iíve only had one frozen transfer which is a positive. Weíve got 4 embryos frozen from the new donor.

What are your next steps? Enjoy your time off xx

Offline Jasminetea

modify
    « Reply #219 on: 9/12/17, 14:55 »
    LM17,  just read that your second FET failed as well. Really sorry to hear that. What feedback did you get from the clinic? Were the grades ok? X