* Author Topic: Treatment at Barcelona IVF - Part 3  (Read 34130 times)

0 Members

Offline LM17

• Gold Member
modify
Treatment at Barcelona IVF - Part 3
« Reply #230 on: 14/03/18, 19:39 »
I'm heading back there this weekend for my 4th FET (same donor). Everyone keeps telling me it's just bad luck.
Do you have any embryos left?

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Hopefulmom2bb

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #231 on: 15/03/18, 09:06 »
    Sending my best wishes and good luck to you.  ^pray^ We still have3 frozen embies  ^pray^ ^pray^

Offline Valenteena

modify
    « Reply #232 on: 15/03/18, 12:43 »
    Hi Everyone

I was a regular poster here around six or seven years ago when researching clinics and trying to have a successful pregnancy. I have often meant to return to tell people about my positive experience of BarcelonaIVF so here I am. Having done lots of research of clinics all over Europe (I emailed them with questions and let common sense and my instinct guide me to the right clinic - (BCNIVF were always expedient and excellent at replying and answering questions) we went to BarcelonaIVF in September 2011. We left a sperm sample, paid half of the fee and returned home to await news on a donor. Fast forward and we had a successful first-time transfer of two embryos and now have two beautiful girls who are five and a half. I know that clinics get restructured and staff can come and go so I don't know what the story is there at the moment. I always dealt with Ramona and I think Maria was there too. Our doctor was Dr Zamora - I laugh now as the whole process struck me as being rather simplistic but they seemed to have the right staff in the right place.

I am not religious but Maria did offer a buddhist or hindu prayer in favour of both embryos taking (we agreed). I did a HUGE amount of visualisation that both embryos would take over the two weeks following the transfer - I almost drove myself mad! BTW I was 46 when they were born.

We are having our first holiday in 7 years this summer and will be in Barcelona. We are thinking of going back to say hello.

Good luck to everyone here. I've been there for all the positives and negatives so I appreciate what a rollercoaster it all is.  X

Offline LM17

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #233 on: 15/03/18, 16:50 »
    Thank you for sharing your story Valenteena!
    To be fair, I canít fault BCN. They have been nothing but helpful and responsive. I have also been dealing with Romana and Laura.
    Itís obviously frustrating to have fallen pregnant with my own eggs (only to miscarry later) and then to not even get to the pregnancy stage with donor eggs. BUT I know it only takes one so fingers crossed for the next one.
    It really is reassuring to read about other peopleís successes, so thank you.

Offline Hopefulmom2bb

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #234 on: 17/03/18, 21:42 »
    I myself got pregnant with my own eggs but miscarried multiple times. I ws told that itís due to my poor quality egg due to my age. Itís really frustrating and devastating having failed implantation with DE. To be honest, I dont know what would be the next step. Part of me is saying to stop and just accept the fact that motherhod may not meant really for me, but I just cannot give up my dream of being a mother. I cry every morning when I wake up thinking Iím still not a mother. I miss my unborn chldren that I was not given a chance to show them how great their mom can be. I can only share how I truly feel in this thread because I know many of you will understand how I feel. Im so sad I must admit.

Offline LM17

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #235 on: 18/03/18, 10:54 »
    Hopeful, I'm so sorry that you're feeling so sad. Don't write anything off. You need time to process this disappointment. We see so many stories of first time success with DE but that doesn't mean there aren't a lot of people like us who have to try a few times before they get their baby.
    Do you have any embryos left and have you had any other testing for immune or clotting issues?
    X

Offline hkd

modify
    « Reply #236 on: 22/03/18, 11:41 »
    Hello ladies,

I'll visit the clinic in a few weeks for the first DE IVF consultation and DH leaves his semen sample. I'm very anxious but hoping to begin as soon as possible.

I would like to ask how you got all medication.  I read other threads saying "Fertility2U" or "Ali's Pharmacy".  Has anyone used these places to get medication or did you get in Barcelona?  DH or I don't speak Spanish so I don't know if I can go to a local pharmacy in Barcelona..

Thank you

Offline LM17

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #237 on: 22/03/18, 11:59 »
    Hi hkd

I didn't want to read and run but not sure I'm going to be much help!!

Do you have a clinic in the UK (or your home country) that you will be using for scans/blood tests etc? 

I have a relationship with a clinic here where I had an OE IVF cycle and they agreed to do my scans and tests etc as instructed by BCN on a pay as you go basis, and they also converted my prescriptions to a UK version which I could take into any chemist.

Hope that's slightly helpful...

Offline hkd

modify
    « Reply #238 on: 23/03/18, 11:20 »
    Hi LM17

Thanks for your reply.

no I don't have a clinic in UK.  I did OE IVF in a London clinic but I doubt they would agree with what you are doing with your clinic.  As for scan, I found a place "ultrasound direct" and they have many clinics in UK so I'll use them.  I'm planning to do all necessary blood tests in Barcelona if I don't get my IVF medical records from the clinic in London in time (they are extremely slow...).

I'll ask BCN where/how other patients get their medication.

Offline LM17

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #239 on: 23/03/18, 11:42 »
    Also for scans, I used The Birth Company for one when my clinic couldnít fit me in and they were very good.