* Author Topic: Treatment at Barcelona IVF - Part 3  (Read 34261 times)

0 Members

Offline hkd

modify
Treatment at Barcelona IVF - Part 3
« Reply #240 on: 24/03/18, 07:48 »
Thanks! Hope your FET went well  :)

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Kkt23

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #241 on: 19/04/18, 22:45 »
    Hay all,

We have heard nothing bur positive things on this forum re ivfbcn. My question is, what sperm improvement regime did you use and did the doctors suggest the NK tests. We are planning on having another ivf go just not in London and with bcnivf instead.

Quoting "DH ultrasound - all fine; will begin sperm improving protocol in summer 2018. Hysteroscopy with implantation cuts at Serum booked for September 2018. NK cells testing planned" what does all of that mean. So sorry i am new to this and forum posting with shortend wording.
    img][/img]

Hi All,

Sorry to revive this old thread... however, I have one question about Barcelona IVF.

On the costing sheet I was sent, it says that the DE cost includes:

Donor: Therapeutic plan, ovarian stimulation, follicular controls and gynaecological examinations. Egg retrieval in the operating theatre (operating theatre, procedure, anaesthesia, nursing and laboratory). Subsequent controls of the donor.
    Recipient: Endometrial preparation, treatment coordination, embryo transfer and monitoring of early pregnancy.

However, in the 'remarks' section, it says this:
    Donor medication if it cannot be provided by the patient: 1.000

Does it mean that 'ovarian stimulation' does not include the medication?

Thanks,
    T

Offline Kkt23

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #242 on: 21/04/18, 11:42 »
    Hi ladies!

Only me again. Sorry to be a pain, I was wondering if anyone had received high aptt levels while in treatment with Barcelona ivf  and what they suggested?

Offline LM17

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #243 on: 22/04/18, 09:04 »
    Hi kkt

I'm not sure I can be much help but didn't want to just read and run!

I don't know anything about sperm improving protocol as I used donor sperm but with regards to NK cells testing, this is part of the immune testing to check the levels and activity of Natural Killer cells. My doctor at BCN didn't really believe in it (not all do) but I'm not sure if that's her own beliefs or a clinic policy. They were happy for me to have the immune testing and treatment in London alongside their FET protocol though.

Let me know if I can try to answer any other questions.

Offline Kkt23

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #244 on: 22/04/18, 10:39 »
    Hi LM17

Thank you for the reply. I am currently waiting for the clinic to come back to me also on this one. But your reply has been helpful.

Just out of interest, what does DD mean?

Offline LM17

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #245 on: 22/04/18, 10:50 »
    It means double donation - I used donor egg and donor sperm.

Offline Kkt23

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #246 on: 22/04/18, 11:12 »
    Oh ok, thanks for that. Do you think that the immune drugs helped you achieve your current pregnancy?

Offline LM17

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #247 on: 22/04/18, 20:24 »
    I honestly do. There are so many factors to take into account but I truly believe the immune drugs have played a crucial part.

Offline Kkt23

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #248 on: 22/04/18, 21:38 »

Thanks for the reply. May i ask what type of medication you were put on and what their role was?

"Edited to remove the use of quotes"

Offline LM17

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #249 on: 25/04/18, 11:19 »
    Hi kkt

I am on prednisolone, clexane and intralipids.  Collectively they work to bring my immune levels down to a more normal level.  I think Clexane is to keep the blood thin and flowing but even though I don't have clotting issues, my clinic include it in the immune medication.

Good luck!