Fertility Friends Support Forum banner

Treatment at Barcelona IVF - Part 3

45K views 264 replies 25 participants last post by  hkd 
#1 ·
Welcome to your new home ^hugme^

Happy chatting ^gossip^ and love and baby dust to all.

^fairydust^

Maggie xxx

#28 ·
Hi Shilu... Well I've not started my period yet which is always good but I did test this morning like a naughty person I am and it was a BFN. I'm keeping optimistic and have booked In to see my GP Friday for HCG blood test and to get the pill just in case I need another cycle.

How are you going? Pregnancy going ok?

I was waiting to see if jasminetea posted anything... I hope your scan went well.

Hello to everyone else. Hope you are all doing well.

#29 ·
Hi Ladies,

Hope everyone is well and had a good weekend.

Monkeyface that is very naughty indeed lol but I think it's still very early to detect the HCG. Is your test date on Friday? If so hang in there and no more testing Friday will be here before you know it - wishing you loads of luck I have everything crossed for you!.

Shilu how are you feeling have you had any sickness or are you indeed one of those lucky ones? Have you decide to do a 10 week scan?

Jasminetea hope everything went well with the transfer? Did you manage to get any blastocysts?

AFM - well as I suspected one of my NK blood tests came back quite high so Dr Gorgy has prescribed another dosage of Humira injections - 2 injections (one injection to be taken two weeks apart) along with intraplids and then I have to have another blood test. So it looks as if my treatment will start towards the 2nd week of March all being well which isn't long.

xxxx

#30 ·
Hi ladies,

All well here, I think I am one of the lucky ones, just getting quite tired, but in a way I wish I did have a few more symptoms as some days I do not feel pregnant at all and then start to panic. But I am going to have a 10 week scan to stop me going insane with doubt.

Huma, I am sorry to hear about your results although I am glad it can all be rectified, roll on March.

Monkeyface 1856, hang in there. Definitely wait a bit longer as sometimes if you test too early they worry you can get false positives. I went to my GP when I got my BFP and they did not bother to do a HCG as they said the home kits are very accurate, although I had done 3 tests by then.
The midwife agreed and said they only bother if you are expecting twins.

Wishing all of you lots of love xxx

#31 ·
Good morning,

Well I'm due to take my test Friday morning but I did one this morning and it was negative again. I know from experience that there should be at least a faint line by now so instead of getting upset I'm waiting for Friday so I can tell BCN and move onto FET. I know they ask for a HCG test but do you think the GP will give me one? I've got a feeling they won't if my tests are negative.

Shilu I'm sure when the symptoms kick in you'll regret asking for more. 😀 Time will fly by and you'll be months into your pregnancy in no time.

Hope everyone else is doing ok.

#32 ·
Hi Monkeyface1856,

Your GP will do a HCG if requested but please do not lose hope. Barcelona recommend keeping on your meds and rechecking in a few days if you happen to get a BFN, however I definitely think you have tested too early in the first place. Don't forget, the HCG test is based on hormones released from the embryo and in the first few days this does vary greatly in different pregnancies, keep positive xx

Love to all x

#33 ·
Hi ladies

So the good news is that i got one great 2AA blastocyst transferred on Monday. The speculum bit was really painful because the dr couldn't find my errrrr"entry point" shall we say.... (i have no cervix), and that bit took absolutely ages because they had to change the speculum because they couldn't find it with the first one. After they found it the transfer went fine. I meditated afterwards which helped and i didn't have any pain afterwards. BCN was super warm which was great :)

The not so good news is that I only got two blastocysts out of 9 fertilised eggs (1 day 5 and 1 on day 6). On day 5 there was only 1 blactocyst which is the one they transferred. 5 had arrested and there were 3 left in the incubator but they hadnt formed blasts yet or could have arrested. The Dr said that this was really unusual from a 19yr old donor and either there could be a male factor issue or its just really bad luck. Yesterday i found out that only 1 of the remaining 3 made it to a blast on day 6 (grade 2AB) so thats been frozen. I was pretty gutted as i was hoping for at least one more out of 9.  My partner hasn't had any genetic or dna tests as we always assumed it was just me that has a problem. Theres no motility or morphology issues. We have now been told to wait for the outcome of this cycle and the next FET if needed before doing any male factor testing. I am assuming that the dr meant dna fragmentation testing or is it karyotyping tests?

I am feeling quite pessimistic...i am trying to be optimistic but its not working...

Monkeyface- fingers crossed for you. It will all work out in the end and you have at least 3 more FET's. I have no idea when a faint line should appear but you are right.... when i looked online it does say that some HPT's should pick up the hcg by now......so just wait until Friday. Theres nothing you can do except see your gp so it sounds like you have the right plan and attitude xxxx

Shilu - i'd go for the early scan too. Ive read online that GPs don't give out HCG tests for positive or negative testing. xx

Huma -sorry to hear that you need to wait until March. Hurumph....it will come soon enough xxx

#34 ·
Hi Jasminetea,

Hang in there, it only takes one blastocyst to achieve pregnancy.

Also, back in October last year, we had no donor eggs fertilise, we were gutted, my husband had the karyotype test etc and all was clear. We were also told that this was rare for none to fertilise, a different donor was used and success! So keep positive xx

I am sorry your transfer was painful but relax now, drink lots of fluids and keep up your meds, I have my fingers crossed for you xx

All the best xx

#36 ·
Hi Guys,

Well unfortunately it was a BFN on the test this morning. I did manage to get he GP to do a blood test but won't get the results until Tuesday. This GP who I've never met before looked at me like I was talking the biggest amount of BS she had ever heard. Made me show her proof that I'd been asked to do the blood test and then told me that it was a one off. She wouldn't help with any meds for next cycle either. She said I was pushing my luck by asking. Cheeky woman!.

Anyway, I'm all good. I've told BCN and they told me to wait until Tuesday before stopping meds 'just in case'. Onwards and upwards.

Oh just to let you all know this week I've had my car die and it had to be recovered. It's only a year old and I've got an abscess on my tooth which is killing.. I thinks it's time for another holiday. 😀

Hope you all have a good weekend...

#37 ·
Hi Monkeyface1856,

So sorry to hear your news. I know you will probably want to do another test tomorrow but try and leave it till Sunday if you can.

I can't imagine how you must be feeling. Sending big hugs  ^hugme^ Your GP sounds like a real pain with no compassion or empathy, change your GP.

If you do have to go for FET then just get BCN to write a prescription, but let's just wait and see till Tuesday.

Here's keeping everything crossed for you xxx

#38 ·
Thanks Shilu, the doctor wasn't my GP... She was very annoying and since I'd just finished a night shift she was very lucky i didn't smack her one.  :) She is however going to speak to my GP to see if he will allow me to keep getting my HCG tests done their if I go forward with any frozen cycles. I think she felt guilty for missing my vein and having to redo her blood test. I still have enough meds to go forward it would just be for after the transfer so it will all be fine.

Jasminetea how are you feeling?

Huma what's going on with you?

Daisy1234 I hope your pregnancy is going well?

I will return on Tuesday with my results. Enjoy your weekend.

#39 ·
Hi Ladies

Sorry for the late reply but I was away for a long weekend.

Monkeyface I'm so sorry to hear your news but wanted to say that you should test again as the embryo could have implanted late so you never know. I can't imagine how you must be feeling but hang in there as there still could be a chance sending you loads of hugs xxx

Jasminetea hope you are feeling better after the painful transfer? Have you taken any time off or are you still working? I know the TWW is really hard but please do keep positive as you only need one good embryo to achieve a pregnancy - I'm keeping everything crossed for you :) are you testing at the end of the week?

Shilu hope you are well you are so lucky not to have any symptoms apart from the tiredness one of my friends was like you she just whizzed through her first 3 months without any symptoms and now has a little baby girl :) Have you gone for the 10 week scan yet? I'm sure everything is ok :).

Daisy hope you are well - we haven't heard from you in ages?

AFM - I need to have my last humira injection and intraplids on 5th March and then repeat my NK bloods within 7 days after having the above and if everything is ok we are good to go - I'm really hoping everything is fine now as just want to start treatment!!

Hope everyone has a good Monday and week ahead.

Xxxx

#40 ·
Hi monkeyface

Can't believe your gp said that. No need for it. As I said in my PM, I'm really sorry. Xxx
Have you tried with different brands of tests?
I tested on Monday with a cheapie one step test and it was negative. I'm going to buy another brand and check again later in week. Think I should be getting a faint line if it's positive.

I'm ok. Feeling negative.. Probably to prepare myself for the disappointing news.

Hope you are all well
Xx

#41 ·
Hi Huma
Sorry didnt see your question. I flew back same day and then straight back to work. I also marched around bcn and sat in the sunshine a lot. Probably not what you are suppose to do but I can't stay still.
Test date is Friday. Apart from sore boobs I'm feeling fine except for a bad cold.
Xx

#43 ·
Heh jasminetea....

You are testing to early like I did. You may not get a faint line by now. I would wait until at least Friday and try again. I know I didn't but try and keep positive.

I get my blood results today but I already know what they are going to say.

#44 ·
Hi All,

Wishing you loads of luck for your blood tests Monkeyface hang in there you just never know  :)  xxx

Jasminetea I agree it is better to keep busy during the TWW rather than sitting around thinking about what will be. I'm sure you will be fine sore boobs is good  ;)  but don't test early just wait till Friday Im praying that there is no more disappointment for you and this is your time sending you loads of hugs xxx

#45 ·
Hi everyone... Results are in... Definitely negative. My GP has also said he will not do anymore blood tests for me whilst I'm having private treatment. That's good of him.

Just waiting to find out when I can start again.

#46 ·
Hi Monkeyface,

So sorry to hear your news, gutted for you.

What have BCN said? Do they think you should have your NK cells checked?

Hopefully you can get started on your FET straightaway.

Hi Jasminetea,

Hang in there, like Huma said, sore boobs is a good thing!

Hey Huma,

Hopefully you are not kept waiting for as long this time. My 10 week scan is on Friday so will keep you posted. I really hope this month brings good news for everyone,

Take care all xx

#47 ·
Hi Monkeyface

I'm so sorry to hear the news I was really hopeful that the bloods were going to come back positive and really feel gutted for you. Did you do a home test today as the bloods were taken last week just in case the embryo was a late implanter? I would just do one before you stop all medication.

If the home test is negative maybe it's worthwhile getting your NK cells tested as Shilu mentioned as the embryo was of a very good grade.? Has BNC said anything else?

I know it's probably not what you want to hear right now but please do not give up hope as you will have your babies and remember you still have three very good embryos. I really hope you can start FET straight away but it's ok if you want to give yourself some time to get over this and let your body rest sending you loads of hugs and remember we are here for you xxxxx

Jasminetea hope you are well.

Shilu - thanks I hope so too but the bloods are sent to Chicago so it's out of my control really!! I'm glad your going for the 10 week scan it will put you at ease even more and hopefully afterwards the final two weeks will fly by for you keep us posted big hugs xxxx

#48 ·
Hi everyone... Thank you for your comments. I've spoke to BCN today and DR O thinks it was just bad luck and as the cycle went well he thinks we should just move onto the frozen transfer. Due to the tight constraints of starting straight away we have decided to wait until next cycle which would make transfer early April so not too long to wait.

I've been thinking about Nk tests. I've been told so many times by professionals that they don't believe in immunes and stuff that I never had it done. I'm going to do one more transfer and then we will have to investigate with the NK tests before we waste any more money.

Huma I did do another test and that was also negative... My OH was really hoping for a miracle today so I chose to show him the test again as I don't think it quite sunk in. Bless him.

I'm on my days off now so I'm going to treat myself shopping tomorrow and do some exercise finally..: I've missed my long runs in the rain and cold.  :)

#49 ·
Ladies

Sorry for lack of posts haven't been getting the alerts and suddenly three weeks has passed and I have been catching up.

Shilu will be so lovely to tell people on Sunday. How are you feeling?

Huma shame that you have had even more waiting but hopefully will be worth it and March is here already 😊

Monkeyface I am so sorry to hear you got a BFN. Onwards and upwards to the next cycle in April  ^hugme^

Jasminetea I only had one AA blastocyst to transfer and I am now 6 months pregnant so fingers crossed that this one sticks.  My advice is try and hold out to the OTD the clinic gave you to get a more certain result.

Afm, starting to feel cumbersome now and tired any achey.  Little one is kicking as a type which is beautiful.

Xx

#50 ·
Hi Daisy

So Lovely to hear from you. Sorry to hear how you are feeling at the moment but I'm sure it's all worthwhile when you feel the little one kicking 😉. Have you thought of any names for her?

Monkeyface sorry to hear that it is definitely a BFN and I can completely understand that your OH was hoping for a miracle as my husband has felt like that many times during our treatment bless them. I'm glad you managed to speak to Dr O and will be starting FET next month - we may be there at the same time 😊. Hope you enjoyed your shopping spree and spoilt yourself .....

Jasminetea how are you feeling? Not long left till Friday so wishing you loads of luck!

Shilu hope your well and wishing you the best for Friday 😉.

xxxx

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.