* Author Topic: Evening primrose oil and preparing for Clomid  (Read 2094 times)

0 Members

Offline bobo66

Evening!l
I am thinking of taking evening primrose oil to help with what seems to be fibrocystic breasts which are really uncomfortable most of the time - and i could do with some help for hair and nails etc. And hoping to start Clomid again soon. Any thoughts? I know EP can be helpful in uterine health but also mindful that it can help start labour etc so don't want to cause my body more grief.

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Blue dolphin

• follow your dreams....
    modify
    Evening primrose oil and preparing for Clomid
    « Reply #1 on: 28/07/16, 10:20 »
    Bobo - I was told to avoid Evening primrose oil and Vit A completely while trying to conceive.
    Do you think acupuncture and TCM herbs may help?

Offline bobo66

modify
    « Reply #2 on: 28/07/16, 22:56 »
    Hi blue dolphin!

Thanks for your post. I ended up going to see a GP about breast pain - and of course she wanted me to go to the fast track breast clinic where I got the all clear and advice to take EP - which I questioned while TTC. The doctor at the breast clinic said getting pregnant was in fact the best solution! But that EP was also fine. I have held off EP because I just wasn't sure. I'll find out the result of our latest Clomid round (at least one this year) this weekend - if it's a BFN, I think I'll start EP for days 0-14.

I have reflexology which I find helpful in many different ways. I've had acupuncture in the past for fertility but not found it particularly helpful. What kind of TCM herbs do you suggest?

Offline Blue dolphin

• follow your dreams....
    modify
    « Reply #3 on: 28/07/16, 23:19 »
    Bobo - hun  I am not a TCM expert or anything. I was given herbs based on my own issues. I have issues with TSH and irregular periods plus RSI. The herbs seemed to  help.

Maybe speak to a gynae? Where are you based? If you are in London the Zita West clinic has a nutritionist etc who can advice. Not sure about how expensive they are.

Best to discuss with your own acupuncturist?

Offline bobo66

modify
    « Reply #4 on: 29/07/16, 09:07 »
    Thanks blue dolphin! I'm seeing a nutritionist who has suggested acupuncture for hot/cold balance so perhaps I will take up her suggestion. And I have given up dairy (temporarily, though it may be permanent if my body reacts when I go back on it) which seems to be helping too.