* Author Topic: Where to get DHEA  (Read 1532 times)

0 Members

Cherish13

modify
Where to get DHEA
« Reply #10 on: 19/03/16, 10:35 »
Thanks Sunny, you too. Glad your hair settled down. I can't face losing any more so hopefully mine's settling down too now  :) Melanie Brown nutritionist suggested DHEA to me, despite having an apparently normal level from blood test, but I may move onto DE unless my latest crop of eggs have a normal PGS result, so maybe not relevant anymore. All the best xx

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Gemini40

modify
    Where to get DHEA
    « Reply #11 on: 19/03/16, 12:20 »
    Hi sunny, I actually don't know what my levels are, I am just goi g oif the.basis that there is so much positive feedback on taking it for a few months and having improved agg supply. Some clinics like Lister suggest it for low ovarian reserve. I have had a bad experience with my hair about 10 years ago falling out so I might had to give it a miss any how

Offline Sunny002

modify
    Where to get DHEA
    « Reply #12 on: 19/03/16, 20:35 »
    Hi Gemini40,

I've just realised that it was your thread that I responded to about the SIMS clinic in another thread. Did you go with them in the end? x

Offline Gemini40

modify
    Where to get DHEA
    « Reply #13 on: 20/03/16, 11:28 »
    Hi sunny, I am still in limbo. Kinda toying with the idea of giving my own eggs a go again. I got word from RVH, Belfast that we are now on their list for egg donation but have to advertise ourselves and response tends to be slow. I have an appointment with GCRM Belfast next month to discuss referral to GCRM Glasgow for egg donation which takes 10 months or there is still SIMs or IVF Alicante. So confusing, trying to make right decision. If only my own eggs would work

Offline Gemini40

modify
    Where to get DHEA
    « Reply #14 on: 20/03/16, 11:32 »
    Sunny, sorry should have asked you on last message, was that SIMs that out you on Shea and did you get your bfp with them?

Offline mo89

• Gold Member
    modify
    Where to get DHEA
    « Reply #15 on: 20/03/16, 11:50 »
    Hi

Iv been taking dhea for a few weeks now. The last few days iv been getting sore legs at the back of my thighs. Mayne not even related to dhea but just wonder what all your symptoms are? I haven't had my testosterone levels checked x 

Offline Sunny002

modify
    Where to get DHEA
    « Reply #16 on: 21/03/16, 21:13 »
    Hi Gemini, you poor thing I'm not sure I could cope with the wait and the unknown of what and where it was going to happen.

Yep I was lucky enough to get my BFP with the SIMS (and DHEA) plus my problem was egg quality too, it was getting all my hormone levels right at the same time & we hit lucky in Feb so jumped straight in. On the day of transfer only 3 survived so I put all 3 back, I was totally gutted that we didn't have any to freeze due to my age & the years it had taken us to get here. I had my 6 week scan the other day and it's the first time of my 6 pregnancies that  the scan measured the correct dates, so fingers crossed this is my take home baby. Next scan next week and I'm in bits already.

I know that the SIMS are a little expensive but this was my last chance with my eggs and I needed to know id done everything before I gave up hope. You're so brave reviewing and looking in to egg donation but I wouldn't rule yours out unless everything had been checked & done. Where are you located?
    Wishing you the best of luck & fingers crossed you find your clinic x
    (I have something that might be of interest for you but I'll try and private message it, please bare with me as I'm on the phone with finger trouble  :))

Hi Mo89,

Maybe speak to the doctor but I don't think that sore legs are listed as part of the possible side effects. For me I guess I was lucky as my levels were so low they were hardly there so the pills actually made me feel great lol
    Can I ask why you would take them if you haven't been told your levels are low? Please do be careful as over stimulation can cause infertility. xx

Offline Gemini40

modify
    Where to get DHEA
    « Reply #17 on: 21/03/16, 23:00 »
    Hi Sunny, big congrats on your great news, all sounds very positive and exciting. You have raised a few good points for me. I was basically referred for IUI and then ICSI on the NHS and only standard tests were done. I rang the clinic that I was having my IUI with today because they were very helpful and asked about my initial blood tests. The nurse said testosterone levels were never checked. My ICSI was such a disaster with only 3 eggs and none fertilised that the consultant just automatically suggested donor eggs. But now I am wondering if there wasn't more that could have been done. I am from Tyrone and have easy access to the train station to get to Dublin, maybe I should be asking them their opinion on my eggs before moving to donor.
    What do you think was the issue with your other cycles that failed?? PS I think you done very well getting 3 eggs to transfer

Offline Sunny002

modify
    Where to get DHEA
    « Reply #18 on: 22/03/16, 08:06 »
    Thank you so much! (Sadly we no longer get excited about it I think we'll celebrate at the end of 9months lol)

What might be worth doing is printing the blood test price list from the SIMS web site & take it to your doc (if cheaper) to get tested then just bring the results to an initial consultation in the SIMS. At least this gives them an idea of where you're at without having to do them all again. Also you're not committed.

Mine was frustrating because I never had a problem getting pregnant at first, I just couldn't maintain it which we found out it was  my hormone levels which were never right at the same time which was the problem. (producing poor quality eggs & all pregnancies had heartbeats at the scan then  would just stop)
    Then I went on a ton of medication for the quality and TSI with stimulation but my right tube which is blocked had become the dominant one & I couldn't get pregnant at all. Here's the frustrating bit, it was only when I insisted on IVF on the next cycle I found out that the clinic didn't have my notes about my blocked tube.

What I will say is I did so much research probably like everyone here & for me it was the convenience of being able to get to the clinic when I needed and the fact they are extremely advanced on testing all of which they can do there. (The Chicago test) most docs or clinics have to send away & results can take up to 5 weeks the SIMS is 24hrs.
    It's a tough one & the initial consultation I think is 170 but I think it's well worth it just to get an idea of where you're at.

I have to say the 3 eggs we transferred were grade A and perfect, I sobbed like a baby when they told me I just couldn't believe it.
    Please do keep me posted & good luck.