* Author Topic: Cryos Denmark part 2  (Read 74903 times)

0 Members

Offline wibble-wobble

• Volunteer
modify
Cryos Denmark part 2
« on: 29/03/16, 23:14 »
The other thread is getting a bit long so a new place to chat  :)

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Me, Myself and I

• Gold Member
    • Single Mother By Choice
    modify
    Cryos Denmark part 2
    « Reply #1 on: 30/03/16, 16:44 »
    The other thread is getting a bit long so a new place to chat  :)
    It most definitely has grown!

Offline Heda

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    Cryos Denmark part 2
    « Reply #2 on: 6/04/16, 12:51 »
    Hi girls,

Maybe someone can help me....

Can I use IUI sperm for a vaginal insemination? I think I can but....Do I have lees posibilities? Should I order ICI sperm?

The website says it can be used in...exceptional cases. Maybe my first time didn't work because I used IUI. My favourite donor doesn't have ICI sperm.

What do you think?

Offline Cortneywils

• Gold Member
    modify
    Cryos Denmark part 2
    « Reply #3 on: 6/04/16, 14:47 »
    Hi heda,

Yes you can use iui for vaginal insemination, but please note the life span isn't as long as ici samples.....good luck :)

Offline joan1980

modify
    Cryos Denmark part 2
    « Reply #4 on: 12/04/16, 21:37 »
    Hi,

I'm planning my second attempt using cryos in July/Aug.

I won't be placing any reservation now until after the EU referendum. just in case there's a hefty import duty if we leave the EU.

Does anyone know if it's best to reserve all straws at once or if I can reserve more straws later to an existing reservation please? Or would I still have to pay another reservation fee again?

Offline Persipan

modify
    Cryos Denmark part 2
    « Reply #5 on: 13/04/16, 07:09 »
    Even if we vote to leave the EU, things won't change overnight - we won't wake up on 24th June to find we've left and everything has changed; instead, it'd begin a couple-of-years-long process of wrangling and negotiation. So on that front, I think you're safe for the time being.

Offline ladybird83

modify
    Cryos Denmark part 2
    « Reply #6 on: 14/05/16, 18:09 »
    Hello all

I'm sure you have all answered these questions before but I am thinking of home insemination if my last FET  fails, mainly because I'm sick of clinics, drugs and shelling out money. My questions are:

Do the same rules apply in terms of having to use an open donor?

What MOT did you order?

How many straws do you need per cycle?

Thanks

Offline pollita

• Gold Member
    modify
    Cryos Denmark part 2
    « Reply #7 on: 14/05/16, 19:50 »
    Ladybird, saw your post over in CRGW, so sorry lovely :( I'm feeling the same, maybe giving home insem another go since my IVF has failed. I would love to go back to CRGW but it's so expensive and I'm absolutely sick of the driving back and for, all the appointments and drugs and needles etc etc.

To answer your questions, no the same rules don't apply. They only apply if you are having treatment through a clinic not privately.

I've ordered everything from MOT 5 to MOT20. The majority vote seems to be that more inseminations rather than higher MOT. If I take this route I'll be doing 3-6 inseminations of MOT5 per cycle (2 straws at a time, 12 hours apart over a positive OPK)

Offline ladybird83

modify
    Cryos Denmark part 2
    « Reply #8 on: 15/05/16, 08:32 »
    Thank you, pollita, that's helpful. I'm really struggling at the moment and trying to think of options as a part of me does not want to accept I'm so near the end. I know though that I will probably have to close this book for the sake of my own mental health and the stability of the family I already have. There are only so many punches in the face I can handle. Even then though it's not truly over unless we decide not to have more children. My DW could have treatment or we have thought of adoption. The years ahead just seem filled with uncertainty and set backs, which I makes me so sad. Anyway, this is probably for another thread. Good luck for your OTD, I'm crossing what I have for you.

Offline gardenlover

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    Cryos Denmark part 2
    « Reply #9 on: 16/05/16, 12:23 »
    Cryos say you should use 2 x MOT20 straws and that if you time it right one insemination is all you need.  Now, each straw is 0.5 or 0.4 ml and, apparently, the average ejaculation is about 3ml. I know that it only takes 1 sperm to fertilise the egg but before that you have to allow for some sperm dying off on their way up the cervix, some heading to the wrong fallopian tube and then, you need lots of sperm to surrpund the egg and collective try to break in.

Fresh sperm can live a few days inside a woman so timing isn't so important. Frozen sperm, it's believed, don't last so long so timing is crucial.
    The thing I'm struggling with is varying cycles. So, I had 2 cycles each of 31 days, with the bbt rise that comes after ovulation on day 17.  I ordered sperm to arrive on day 14. On day 13 I got my positive OPK so thought great, the sperm will arrive tomorrow before midday. I'll put it in then. The next day my bbt had risen. I put the sperm in anyway when it arrived but think it was too late. I must have ovulated very soon after the lh surge.
    Anticipating that this month I ordered the sperm to arrive day 13. I didn't get an lh surge till day 15. Remembering that quick ovulation I put 2 straws in that night, 2 the next morning (no bbt rise) and 2 in the evening. My bbt rise this time didn't come till day 18. So, think I was too early but for me, I have no way of knowing in advance what will be the right day.