* Author Topic: Cryos Denmark part 2  (Read 82263 times)

0 Members

Offline Me, Myself and I

• Gold Member
  • Single Mother By Choice
modify
Cryos Denmark part 2
« Reply #10 on: 16/05/16, 13:57 »

Hi Gardenlover
For how long have you tracked your cycles?
I don't know your age/background but would suggest six months is ideal... This gives you a better chance to understand your body's patterns.
Also which opks are you using? Though eBay cheapies have their place they're not the most effective and involve too much interpretation imo. Clearblue dual hormones are more costly but certainly give greater accuracy and tell you high as well as peak fertility. I could have had five plus days of high before ovulating.
Also these assist if your cycle has ovulation occurring at different times each month.
Thirdly though 2*20mot may work it needs precision timing. And I know more women pregnant from mot 5*2 and five or six inseminations..... As this covers all timings for earliest and latest ovulation.

Hth

Mmi +1

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline joan1980

modify
    Cryos Denmark part 2
    « Reply #11 on: 18/05/16, 02:32 »
    There seem to be few people who have got pregnant at home from cryos anyway. Apart from yourself who else are you talking about that has become pregnant from MOT5?

Even clinics putting sperm directly in the uterus use MOT20! This is significantly less than a normal undiluted ejaculate. But is compensated by the fact it's put much closer to the egg. In fact men who have MOT20 are technically considered to have low motility/fertility problem. So MOT5 is even worse. MOT5 is only really used for injection of sperm directly into an egg to create embryos in a clinic.

Given that the 0.4 or 0.5ml advertised is always under filled & that motility is also reported by clinics as much lower than stated- the odds of pregnancy are low with MOT20. So virtually minimal with MOT5. But as many women will undoubtedly feel less pressure when spending less, I guess that can greatly reduce stress, which will improve fertility.

I'm personally thinking of just going to Bulgaria & having an embryo transfer. Probably save myself a fortune & have a much greater chance too.

Offline Me, Myself and I

• Gold Member
    modify
    Cryos Denmark part 2
    « Reply #12 on: 18/05/16, 17:30 »
    I think everyone has to make the right decision for them!

But I also look at mot 5, two vials, is for arguments sake equivalent to mot 10. Six inseminations over the 36 hours longest window is equivalent to mot60. Iyswim? So yes mot 20 is greater but not necessarily all of the story.

I tried with mot 20 and got bfns. Bfp with mot5. I know others on here and another forum I can't name on here.
    Obviously it varies one woman's gynae history to another too and maybe paying for prescription for clomid could increase chances too....

Offline Godiva

• Gold Member
    modify
    Cryos Denmark part 2
    « Reply #13 on: 18/05/16, 21:12 »
    Please be careful with self-medication with clomid! Normally patients taking clomid are followed by US, to be sure they do not have too many follicles. Everybody reacts to medication in a different way, and it might even differ from one cycle to the next. One or two ripe follicles is fine, but you do not want 4 or 8... .

Offline Me, Myself and I

• Gold Member
    modify
    Cryos Denmark part 2
    « Reply #14 on: 19/05/16, 07:41 »

I agree Godiva but know my health authority don't monitor it.....

Offline Blackroses

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    Cryos Denmark part 2
    « Reply #15 on: 19/05/16, 18:59 »
    Joan1980, not only did I use 4x5 MOT straws but for the first time I didn't double any of them up and decided to use them individually for 4 inseminations. It was successful for me and I'm due next month.

Offline [email protected]

modify
    Cryos Denmark part 2
    « Reply #16 on: 19/05/16, 19:19 »
    Wow! Thanks for posting this Blackroses! I'm going to try for the first time in August hopefully, so I'm tracking my cycles. I'm thinking of ordering 6xmot10, but might see if I can find a donor who has both MOT5 and MOT10 so I can do more insems.

Congrats on your success and good luck with delivery :)

Offline Blackroses

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    Cryos Denmark part 2
    « Reply #17 on: 19/05/16, 19:30 »
    Thank you very much [email protected] and I'm wishing you all the best and luck for August! X

Offline Groovychick04

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    Cryos Denmark part 2
    « Reply #18 on: 22/05/16, 14:31 »
    Hi, we are just starting our journey on the fertility path.

We have a 2 1/2 year old son who we adopted last year. Thinking of going to Cyros...any hints/advice?

We were thinking of doing 2 x 30 mot as the donor we like only has this in unwashed. Has anybody used washed?

Offline [email protected]

modify
    Cryos Denmark part 2
    « Reply #19 on: 22/05/16, 15:27 »
    Many people seem to try with lower MOT, but as many insems as they can afford. AFAIK, the washed only survives for a few hours for AI and unwashed manages 12-24 hours, so it would be really hard to get the timing right. I'm new to this too though, so maybe someone else can advise? I'm going for 6 x MOT 10 over 3 insems, I think.