* Author Topic: Cryos Denmark part 2  (Read 82262 times)

0 Members

Offline Me, Myself and I

• Gold Member
  • Single Mother By Choice
modify
Cryos Denmark part 2
« Reply #100 on: 1/09/16, 23:26 »
Joan
I think you're being hypercritical of cryos.
I have a cryos baby!
Best in mind-even if have perfect fertility with no issues it's still counted within normal range to take two years to conceive ; so dtd as frequently as you inseminated for two years!!!!
You assume your timing, preparation etc was spot on - it maybe BUT may not have been as well OR there could be no eggs in those beautiful follicles, your age could be against you, the list goes on I'm afraid.
If you want greater odds go for ivf. But it's more invasive and still has a huge failure rate so take 3-6 cycles on average.
If was me I'd aim for 5/6 cycles then review. Are you tracking with opks etc?

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline kabuk1

modify
    Cryos Denmark part 2
    « Reply #101 on: 1/09/16, 23:43 »
    I'm moving onto introduction sites now. As Cryos seems to be a con for home insemination. It's known the success rate is too low to count. That's why you don't find any figures on success at home. As Cryos don't want to deter you from paying them. Even though they know you're very unlikely to conceive.

The only first hand successes of Cryos I know have been through IUI and IVF, but that doesn't mean home insem doesn't work. All of those people who use IUI and IVF had to for fertility reasons. I am currently trying at home, but this was my first month. AF isn't due until Sunday and I'm trying not to test early, at least not since testing 10dpo. If unsuccessful, we'll try again this month. I'm doing 2x MOT20. I have a short surge, and usually ovulate 18-24 hrs after LH surge, so I inseminated 12 and 24 hours after getting the smiley. I do know people who've had success with frozen sperm for home insem, but they are State side and used the sperm banks there. Although I have seen some posts online in regards to home insem success with cryos.

If you really want to try fresh sperm, you could try Pride Angel. We started there. Our issue was scheduling. We met a lovely guy who  had previously helped friends in the US. However, because of scheduling issues, we only manage 1.5 attempts within 6 months. The half attempt was one insem, not two. We just didn't want to keep waiting around. Additionally, he would only meet at a hotel, which sucked for scheduling things. Anyway, we didn't want to go through the screening process again, so we have opted for Cryos. If we had someone who was really flexible, we would stick with a known donor, mainly because there is nothing better than fresh sperm. We want to try every month. We know how long it can take to be successful.

We are hoping it works with Cryos frozen sperm. We reserved enough for 5 cycles at 2x MOT20. If that doesn't work, then we'll go IUI, but that means changing donors or going abroad to use this donor. If I do IUI, it will be natural. Unless I suddenly develop fertility issues, I don't want any hormones.

Offline Me, Myself and I

• Gold Member
    • Single Mother By Choice
    modify
    Cryos Denmark part 2
    « Reply #102 on: 2/09/16, 08:06 »
    And to clarify the reason there are no ai at home stats is because they'd be so incredibly inaccurate.
    How would you measure? Who would say they have done ai and who wouldn't? Would one attempt be treated same as ai with seven inseminations in one cycle?
    What we do know is that a lot of women do it.
    Have you read any of the news articles re cryos? Watch the Viking documentary re ds?

It's so hard when ttc to blame everything and everyone else, but sadly it may just not be our time.... It didn't happen straight away for me and I know how heart wrenching the bfns are.

Hang in there Joan and kabuk!

Offline kabuk1

modify
    Cryos Denmark part 2
    « Reply #103 on: 3/09/16, 08:24 »
    Thanks. We won't be giving up that easily. If we have to do IUI, we will. I would suck to have to change donors, but there are more non-anonymous donors with washed sperm, so more option. Finding a non-anonymous donor with enough unwashed sperm to include reserving for siblings wasn't easy. He meets the requirements for various country, just not the UK, but that makes him cheaper too!

Anyway, caved and tested this morning. I felt a little nauseous, so figured I'd try. AF is due tomorrow. I tested once at 10 dpo and got a BFN. Now at 14dpo, I'm not sure if my eyes were playing tricks on me, but it did seem like there was the faintest of lines. I'm not getting my hopes up. We'll see if my dear AF rears her head tomorrow or not. If not, then I will buy a better quality test to check, a more sensitive one. I used an internet strip this time. Says it's sensitive, but who knows.

Other than the minor symptom that passed fairly quickly this morning, I've had no other symptoms.  I don't really get them before AF either, so it doesn't mean much. It's usually CD2 that is hell (cramps and flu like symptoms).

Offline [email protected]

modify
    Cryos Denmark part 2
    « Reply #104 on: 3/09/16, 09:29 »
    A line is a line! Everything crossed for you!
    What MOT value did you use in the end?

Offline gardenlover

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    Cryos Denmark part 2
    « Reply #105 on: 3/09/16, 13:01 »
    I am 6 weeks pregnant! This was my 5th attempt with cryos. This time I got 8 x MOT 10. I got my LH surge on Saturday morning, put in 2 straws Saturday night, 2 Sunday morning, 2 Sunday night and 2 Monday morning.

Offline kabuk1

modify
    Cryos Denmark part 2
    « Reply #106 on: 3/09/16, 16:56 »
    Congrats gardenlover!

We did 2 insems with MOT 20. I got my LH surge in the morning and did first insem that night and then the 2nd the following afternoon. I have a short surge that doesn't come until CD17 and I ovulated on CD18 (if my temps are right- I haven't been consistent with time, but times never vary by more than an hour).

The reason I'm not certain is I'm not sure if it was a line on the light playing tricks on me. I tested with a different strip just a bit ago with quite diluted urine and I think there was a faint line. *fingers crossed* I bought a clear blue test today and will test tomorrow if AF doesn't appear. I'm almost never late with AF, if anything, she comes early, when I ovulate a day or two earlier.

I haven't said anything to my wife yet about the faint line as I want to be more sure. Even with ovulation sticks I was always worried so used the clear blue. Gosh, if it really is positive, talk about some luck.

Offline Sarahlo

• Gold Member
    modify
    Cryos Denmark part 2
    « Reply #107 on: 3/09/16, 17:13 »
    Congrats gardenlover and fingers crossed for you kabuk1.

I'm currently pupo LH surge yesterday morning and ovulated this morning. I was taking Clomid and always ovulate cd15. Anyway fingers crossed. we used 2x mot 30 this time as the donor didn't have anything less unwashed. I've been cramping like period pains on and off which I usually got after iui so hopefully they have swam the right way lol

On the back of this we have a consultation on weds at the lister clinic for IVF again if this fails. Hopefully it won't come to that but I prefer to be prepared with a backup plan if a bfn x

Offline [email protected]

modify
    Cryos Denmark part 2
    « Reply #108 on: 3/09/16, 18:56 »
    Brilliant news Gardenlover! Wishing you a happy pregnancy! You give all of us hope too, so thanks so much for sharing :)

Sarahlo and kabuk1 let's hope we get a hat trick of cryos babies!

AFM, my swimmers will be on their way on Monday. I have 6 x mot10. I have a 100 pack of opks, so I don't think I'll miss my time! Just hoping it's a normal month so my swimmers get here in time!

Offline kabuk1

modify
    Cryos Denmark part 2
    « Reply #109 on: 4/09/16, 10:34 »
    No AF today and used the clearblue easy test and it was definitely a clear ^BFP^.  It still doesn't feel real.

Good luck Sarahlo and Lifebegins! *fingers crossed*