* Author Topic: Cryos Denmark part 2  (Read 82728 times)

0 Members

Offline [email protected]

modify
Cryos Denmark part 2
« Reply #110 on: 4/09/16, 13:58 »
Oh brilliant!!!!!! Congrats :)

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline joan1980

modify
    Cryos Denmark part 2
    « Reply #111 on: 6/09/16, 06:28 »
    Joan
    I think you're being hypercritical of cryos.
    I have a cryos baby!
    Best in mind-even if have perfect fertility with no issues it's still counted within normal range to take two years to conceive ; so dtd as frequently as you inseminated for two years!!!!
    You assume your timing, preparation etc was spot on - it maybe BUT may not have been as well OR there could be no eggs in those beautiful follicles, your age could be against you, the list goes on I'm afraid.
    If you want greater odds go for ivf. But it's more invasive and still has a huge failure rate so take 3-6 cycles on average.
    If was me I'd aim for 5/6 cycles then review. Are you tracking with opks etc?

It's easy to blame the recipient. But the fact is that most of us can't afford to use a high enough MOT or quantity of sperm that would have a fair chance of getting the job done. Added to this frozen usually just can't compete with fresh.

Although you're certain you used MOT5 & it worked for you. I'm sure you're aware this isn't the experience of most recipients.

Cryos feel they have a right to offer services to recipients, purely because they hold a HFEA licence. But the question is has making cryos an option for us allowed the gap in public needs to be considered met, when it clearly isn't.

Why are women without fertility issues being prevented using at home fresh sperm, an option suited to their needs. It's not good enough to be heaped into the same category as those needing special help. HFEA claim at home fresh donation risks STI & hereditary conditions. And it's often done to deliberately prevent the child having a father. But children don't have a right to a father, quite rightly there is no such law. Even getting rid of anonymity is unnatural. If they change their mind later there are more ways these days to register yourself & leave communication open. And the risk of disease is not an undue risk, women have the right to decide the risk for themselves.

Isn't it convenient how HFEA doctors get to decide if at home fresh donation is lawful, yet they are the ones who profit by criminalising it.

Offline gardenlover

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    Cryos Denmark part 2
    « Reply #112 on: 6/09/16, 09:17 »
    Congrats Kabuk1!  I tested at 11dpo and got a negative, tested at 13dpo and was like is that a line? I can see it but it's so faint, maybe I'm imagining it. Tested at 14dpo and it was more obvious.

Offline Me, Myself and I

• Gold Member
    • Single Mother By Choice
    modify
    Cryos Denmark part 2
    « Reply #113 on: 6/09/16, 09:24 »
    Joan if you're willing to risk ai via fresh sperm with None of the safeguards provided by a bank there are ways to do this via coparenting websites, ds websites and groups on social media.

These are not illegal unless they charge for the sperm, travel expenses are permissible.

I personally wouldn't wish the risk of:
    Genetic illness
    Std risk
    The man having a claim as parent as they're deemed parent unless within clinic and there have been cases where the man has won access rights and even residency!

But if the risks are worth the potential increase in success rates that's for you to reconcile.

Btw, I know other women successful with mot 5 so I'm not a fluke! I think it has more to do with multiple inseminations than mot factor myself. And I have endo, pcos, thyroid issues, ra etc so was hardly in the fighting fit camp and if it happened for me ...

Offline Me, Myself and I

• Gold Member
    modify
    Cryos Denmark part 2
    « Reply #114 on: 6/09/16, 09:25 »
    Congrats Kabuk1!  I tested at 11dpo and got a negative, tested at 13dpo and was like is that a line? I can see it but it's so faint, maybe I'm imagining it. Tested at 14dpo and it was more obvious.

Congrats.

I wasnt positive until day 18 po!!!

Offline [email protected]

modify
    Cryos Denmark part 2
    « Reply #115 on: 6/09/16, 19:23 »
    Swimmers are here. Now just waiting for a smiley face. Just an empty O this morning, so it looks like this is a long cycle. I don't fully trust my CB dual though, so i'm going to back up with internet cheapie opks.

Managed to sneak the tank in without my houseguests seeing! Taking it into town to the DHL place is not going to be so discrete!

Offline kabuk1

modify
    Cryos Denmark part 2
    « Reply #116 on: 6/09/16, 19:44 »
    Thanks everyone for the congrats. Went to the GP yesterday and got my referral, so I'm just waiting for the call to book my appointment with the midwife. GP said it'll be around 12 weeks, so now the waiting game begins. The upside is that it'll be half-term when I'm 12 weeks, so at least I'm flexible with day and time.

That was pretty much me, gardenlover. I used 3 different brands and just couldn't believe it.

Good luck, Lifebegins. I really hope it works this time! I wasn't convinced by CB either. I was waiting and waiting and waiting. I was getting worried that I was never going to see the smiley. I didn't get my surge until CD17 and then ovulated the very next day. Here's hoping for another viking baby!

Offline Me, Myself and I

• Gold Member
    modify
    Cryos Denmark part 2
    « Reply #117 on: 6/09/16, 19:47 »
    [email protected]
    Do you drive?

I took mine to a place in a town 30 miles away!

Was run by the Bengali brothers whom looked at it up and down, then saw the warning sign on it and none wanted to touch it- like it was radioactive waste!

Good luck!

Offline Me, Myself and I

• Gold Member
    modify
    Cryos Denmark part 2
    « Reply #118 on: 6/09/16, 19:52 »
    kabuk1
    Good luck, Lifebegins. I really hope it works this time! I wasn't convinced by CB either. I was waiting and waiting and waiting. I was getting worried that I was never going to see the smiley. I didn't get my surge until CD17 and then ovulated the very next day. Here's hoping for another viking baby!
    [/quote]
    Twelve weeks?
    I had booking appointment at 6-7 weeks. As at twelve you want scans for Down's/trisomy/Edward etc. I'd call if not heard anything. By  9"10 weeks.
    Work have to let you go for any maternity appointment but if reluctant to share just say medical appointments.

Congrats again!

Offline kabuk1

modify
    Cryos Denmark part 2
    « Reply #119 on: 6/09/16, 20:01 »
    Thanks. My GP said 12 weeks. From the research I've done online, it seems that an early scan doesn't always happen. It can depend on history or even your location. I haven't heard from the hospital yet, but just saw my GP yesterday, so I should hear from them no later than next week. It would be comforting to have an early scan, but apparently, it doesn't always happen.