* Author Topic: Cryos Denmark part 2  (Read 82272 times)

0 Members

Offline kabuk1

modify
Cryos Denmark part 2
« Reply #120 on: 6/09/16, 20:05 »
Swimmers are here. Now just waiting for a smiley face. Just an empty O this morning, so it looks like this is a long cycle. I don't fully trust my CB dual though, so i'm going to back up with internet cheapie opks.

Managed to sneak the tank in without my houseguests seeing! Taking it into town to the DHL place is not going to be so discrete!

Do you drive?

I took mine to a place in a town 30 miles away!

Was run by the Bengali brothers whom looked at it up and down, then saw the warning sign on it and none wanted to touch it- like it was radioactive waste!

Good luck!

I just had DHL collect it from my house. We were a bit worried about what we would've done this month had we not been successful because my in-laws would've been here during that time. We haven't told any family about even trying. We didn't want to constantly have to field questions about how it was going. My wife's cousin has had everyone up in her business and talking about here and her boyfriends fertility issues. So didin't want that.

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline [email protected]

modify
    Cryos Denmark part 2
    « Reply #121 on: 6/09/16, 20:52 »
    Kabuk it must be so good to have that GP appt and get referred to the midwife :) I know all my local midwives through my work, so I think it will feel very odd to make myself an appt with them rather than be getting someone else to their appts!

Not sure what I will do about the tank. Got to get my swimmers on board first. One step at a time!

Offline joan1980

modify
    Cryos Denmark part 2
    « Reply #122 on: 7/09/16, 00:11 »
    Joan if you're willing to risk ai via fresh sperm with None of the safeguards provided by a bank there are ways to do this via coparenting websites, ds websites and groups on social media.

These are not illegal unless they charge for the sperm, travel expenses are permissible.

I personally wouldn't wish the risk of:
    Genetic illness
    Std risk
    The man having a claim as parent as they're deemed parent unless within clinic and there have been cases where the man has won access rights and even residency!

But if the risks are worth the potential increase in success rates that's for you to reconcile.

Btw, I know other women successful with mot 5 so I'm not a fluke! I think it has more to do with multiple inseminations than mot factor myself. And I have endo, pcos, thyroid issues, ra etc so was hardly in the fighting fit camp and if it happened for me ...

Of course I'm very happy that some people have had success from using cryos. But I'm also aware there are many more who have spent a fortune & had no success. Yet they later have success with fresh sperm.

I've been aware of sites like FSDW & co-parents for a long time. But there are many negative reports of the donors taking advantage of women, by making them feel forced to have sex to obtain sperm. Or donors tracking down vulnerable women, in some cases, those who have been taking fertility medication. And trying to extort large sums of money from them at the last minute. Which they then pay or have to forfeit the cost of meds/scans/mental turmoil, because they have no time to find another donor.

There was even a report in the US of a woman whose donor arrived with sperm, but he pretended to provide it fresh in her bathroom. She only found out about the deception after giving birth to a black baby. The white donor had tricked her by providing sperm from his gay partner & passing it off as his own. Although this an unusual event & is probably more likely with unmonitored at home donation. There's actually nothing to stop a donor doing the same at a sperm bank & if a child resulted, it just being assumed the bank had mixed samples up.

Although in an ideal world there would be no risk of STIs. In reality people who have sex face this risk every time, no matter how they try to protect themselves. Especially due to UK culture. There is no way to prevent risk if having sex. So if wanting fresh sperm this is a risk to take. The general population don't turn to frozen sperm whenever they want a child.

There is no way to guarantee donors of being free from genetic problems. If banks are guaranteeing this, they are doing so illegally. They don't check every donors family tree for health problems. They rely on self reporting. The same as the now closed down 'man not included, fertilty1st' internet fresh home sperm providers did. And up until recently cryos didn't even reveal if babies resulting from their donors had been born with problems that could be genetic. And this itself also relies on the recipient reporting this or the recipient insisting their clinic does. And believe it or not there are actually recipients who don't wish to screen their donor for genetic illness. The some as some mothers adamantly choose NOT to screen their unborn child for genetic illness, because they know they will accept their child no matter what.

Internet providers who provided fresh sperm, took away the possibility of donors blackmailing recipents. They forced anonymity for both parties who never met each other. So no chance of custody battles or child benefit. They forced donors to be tested for MOT & frequently tested for STIs. Although there are limits to the STI results of fresh sperm, the tests were considered adequate to most recipients. But there is currently no way to have this set up. Current sites literally are introduction sites & do nothing else. It's not possible to arrange the safety for both parties that was present.

modify
    Cryos Denmark part 2
    « Reply #123 on: 7/09/16, 09:16 »
    Well my CBDH skipped the flashy smiley and went straight to the fixed one again. I wonder if it's faulty and is not picking up oestrogen? Or maybe it's me that's faulty! I had 3 days of just a circle. Anyway, double checked with opks - clear negative last night when I went to bed, stonking positive this morning. First batch of swimmers on board. I'm still undecided when to do the others as I've had months when I've O'd the day of the peak and other months where my app is saying 2 days after. Have to say, I'm not totes confident on the app though. Fingers crossed!

Offline kabuk1

modify
    Cryos Denmark part 2
    « Reply #124 on: 7/09/16, 12:21 »
    The app was off for me. I did a lot of reading on getting a surge late in the predicted window and saw that many said they O'd within 12-24 hrs, short surge. Again, this varies from woman to woman. I was really worried about BDing too early or too late. I did one around 19:30 the day of surge and then 14:00 the following afternoon. I still had the smiley the morning after surge around 7, but it was gone by 12. I O'd the night after the surge.

*fingers crossed*

Offline Sarahlo

• Gold Member
    modify
    Cryos Denmark part 2
    « Reply #125 on: 7/09/16, 12:59 »
    Lifebegins - it's very possible that the oestrogen rise and LH surge were V close together hence straight to static smiley. if your read the clear blue instructions it says this can happen. rest assured you will not get a static smiley unless it picks up LH in the urine x

Offline Sarahlo

• Gold Member
    modify
    Cryos Denmark part 2
    « Reply #126 on: 7/09/16, 13:03 »
    Joan1980 - there are a hell of a lot of people who pay so much money for IVF etc and have x amount of rounds and don't get pregnant. they give up and then they fall pregnant naturally. It's very easy to blame cryos but in all honesty the chances of getting pregnant first second third are low. In some cases it is just a case of keep trying as any one would if they were doing the deed with a partner.

Offline Me, Myself and I

• Gold Member
    • Single Mother By Choice
    modify
    Cryos Denmark part 2
    « Reply #127 on: 8/09/16, 07:45 »
    Kabuk1
    Thanks. My GP said 12 weeks. From the research I've done online, it seems that an early scan doesn't always happen. It can depend on history or even your location. I haven't heard from the hospital yet, but just saw my GP yesterday, so I should hear from them no later than next week. It would be comforting to have an early scan, but apparently, it doesn't always happen.
    [/quote]
    Early scans are different. At twelve weeks it's the scan for standard tests. Unless they only do the sixteen week test where you are?
    Do they offer the harmony test?

modify
    Cryos Denmark part 2
    « Reply #128 on: 8/09/16, 09:19 »
    All my swimmers are now on board. No temp rise this morning. I'm now thinking I should have broken the bank and had 2 more straws for tonight. Nothing I can do about it now, so fingers crossed. Thanks for the wishes/thoughts Ladies :)

Offline Sarahlo

• Gold Member
    modify
    Cryos Denmark part 2
    « Reply #129 on: 8/09/16, 16:20 »
    Good luck hun fingers crossed for us all. I had my consultation at lister yesterday if this fails I'll be back on IVF again. I'm hoping for once luck is on my side and I get a bfp 🍀🍀🍀 🍀x