* Author Topic: Cryos Denmark part 2  (Read 82265 times)

0 Members

Offline Me, Myself and I

• Gold Member
  • Single Mother By Choice
modify
Cryos Denmark part 2
« Reply #130 on: 8/09/16, 16:46 »
All my swimmers are now on board. No temp rise this morning. I'm now thinking I should have broken the bank and had 2 more straws for tonight. Nothing I can do about it now, so fingers crossed. Thanks for the wishes/thoughts Ladies :)
Fingers crossed. Don't forget even if ovulated the egg doesn't just disappear immediately!!!

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline [email protected]

modify
    Cryos Denmark part 2
    « Reply #131 on: 8/09/16, 18:26 »
    I know! LOL. I'm terrible with this. Last month I think I was too late with my swimmers. This month I am worried my swimmers will be dead before my egg arrives. Praying for a temp increase tomorrow morning, but I'm going to be up half the night, which is going to really mess my temps up! Keep calm and eat chocolate :)

Offline joan1980

modify
    Cryos Denmark part 2
    « Reply #132 on: 9/09/16, 04:20 »
    Joan1980 - there are a hell of a lot of people who pay so much money for IVF etc and have x amount of rounds and don't get pregnant. they give up and then they fall pregnant naturally. It's very easy to blame cryos but in all honesty the chances of getting pregnant first second third are low. In some cases it is just a case of keep trying as any one would if they were doing the deed with a partner.

Then sadly I'm done trying with cryos. They don't state this on their site. I wouldn't expect it to take so long. If I'd have known I wouldn't have tried the 2x I did. I certainly don't have money to 'keep trying'. So I'm going to have to seek a fresh donor on an introduction site who is willing to courier sperm anonymously by post, without meeting. I'm just guessing there will be few genuine donors willing to do this. The appeal of cryos to me was the anonymity.

But congratulations to all who have had their BFP & good luck to those still trying.

Offline Sarahlo

• Gold Member
    modify
    Cryos Denmark part 2
    « Reply #133 on: 9/09/16, 08:36 »
    lifebegins - it's so stressful worrying about timing isn't it. but rest assured that I do think frozen  swimmers can last longer than 24hrs because when I did IVF I did Embryoscope and I actually had 1 egg that actually fertilised after 24hrs. so both my egg and the swimmer which fertilised it were still going x

Offline kabuk1

modify
    Cryos Denmark part 2
    « Reply #134 on: 9/09/16, 08:36 »
    Life begins- Hope you got your temp drop! It really can be difficult to time it.

Me, myself and I- I have no idea. I'm still waiting for the call to schedule my appointment. I have only seen my GP, who then referred me. She's the one that said 12 weeks, and I think all the test will be run then too. Don't know. It's my first and all my knowledge of scans and testing is US based as that's where I grew up. So this midwife thing is all new to me. I should hear from then next week, I assume.

Joan- Best of luck finding a donor. I hope it works out. But you can't blame Cryos. They do specify that frozen sorry has a short life span. Unfortunately stats for home insemination would never be accurate because there are so many factors. But frozen sorry tends to have a better rate with IUI and IVF as the sorry font need to do all that swimming. You have to realise it could take time with fresh sperm. My wife tried twice with no luck and she has no fertility issues. The only reason I decided to give it a go was because work really picked up for her and as she makes significantly more, it made sense for me to give it ago. But finding a donor takes time and patience. We gave up on it because of constant schedule conflicts. Anyway, best of luck. I really do hope it all works out for you!

Offline Me, Myself and I

• Gold Member
    modify
    Cryos Denmark part 2
    « Reply #135 on: 9/09/16, 16:41 »
    Joan
    Please be aware that outside the body sperm is supposed to live only twenty minutes so you'll need superman not a courier!
    Good luck with your new plan. Hope it works first time as you so desire.

Offline [email protected]

modify
    Cryos Denmark part 2
    « Reply #136 on: 9/09/16, 19:58 »
    lifebegins - it's so stressful worrying about timing isn't it. but rest assured that I do think frozen  swimmers can last longer than 24hrs because when I did IVF I did Embryoscope and I actually had 1 egg that actually fertilised after 24hrs. so both my egg and the swimmer which fertilised it were still going x

Ooh! Thanks for that Sarah! Every straw to clutch at is a bonus :)

Offline joan1980

modify
    Cryos Denmark part 2
    « Reply #137 on: 13/09/16, 04:29 »
    Joan
    Please be aware that outside the body sperm is supposed to live only twenty minutes so you'll need superman not a courier!
    Good luck with your new plan. Hope it works first time as you so desire.

Hi

I wasn't expecting it to work first try. But 3 tries seems to work for most 18-30 year olds if timing is right. For my age group around 5 tries seems average. I guess I thought that using cryos might help my chances.

I know from research that fresh internet home sperm providers boasted a success rate of 30%. And they advised choosing a donor no further than 2 hours away. So I don't think sperm only survives 20 minutes. I think if kept warm in a pot away from air it can last at least 2 hours. I personally know many people who had success using 'fresh sperm' home insemination providers. But I don't personally know anyone who has had success from using cryos. I know there are reports here of success. But no one within my social network has conceived after trying cryos.

Offline kabuk1

modify
    Cryos Denmark part 2
    « Reply #138 on: 24/09/16, 16:18 »
    When should you report a pregnancy? I noticed other sperm banks have a lengthy form for reporting where Cryis just seems to take the yes. Im not sure Whether I should report a pregnancy now (I'm 7+4) or once I know it's a successful pregnancy? Do they have you update with the final outcome. Whilst there is nothing in my history to indicate a mc, it's still a worry. Thanks.

Offline Me, Myself and I

• Gold Member
    modify
    Cryos Denmark part 2
    « Reply #139 on: 24/09/16, 17:08 »
    When should you report a pregnancy? I noticed other sperm banks have a lengthy form for reporting where Cryis just seems to take the yes. Im not sure Whether I should report a pregnancy now (I'm 7+4) or once I know it's a successful pregnancy? Do they have you update with the final outcome. Whilst there is nothing in my history to indicate a mc, it's still a worry. Thanks.
    I didn't until birth! Superstitious!

But if had been unlucky to mc I would have reported as pregnancy as it is important to others to know.

Hth