* Author Topic: Cryos Denmark part 2  (Read 82271 times)

0 Members

Offline [email protected]

modify
Cryos Denmark part 2
« Reply #140 on: 24/09/16, 18:12 »
I think I would wait until I have a baby in my arms. Over 7w already! :)

AF arrived for me today, so I'm scraping the funds together to try again. I don't think I did anything wrong this cycle. I had cramps for ages and my boobs were so sore it was unreal, so I was really disappointed to get nothing. Add to that it was a long luteal phase (15d, rather than my usual 13), so I had really started to get my hopes up. I'm really torn, as I wonder if I should save my money and go for a fertility MOT and maybe an IUI when my current work contract ends and I am free to do as I please (might not be til Jan), or continue trying the AI. I've no idea how much IUI with donor sperm costs, but I'm guessing that I could do at least 2 cycles of AI for the same money?

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline kabuk1

modify
    Cryos Denmark part 2
    « Reply #141 on: 24/09/16, 18:40 »
    Thanks you two. Yeah, I'll probably wait to report it.

Yeah, to one degree I can't believe I'm over 7 weeks and to the other, time is dragging as I wait for my 12 week scan.

Sorry to hear it didn't work this time, Lifebegins. I was thinking about you the other day wondering how you got on. Waiting or continuing isn't an easy decision. I know a good friend of mine paid for 2 or 3 IUIs, all failed and then she got her IVF free. She was 36 at the time, but the IVF worked second time. It's definitely not cheap when you need to involve a clinic. A fertility MOT, regardless if you decide to get treatment, may give you more insight. I really hope you get your little one.

Offline Me, Myself and I

• Gold Member
    • Single Mother By Choice
    modify
    Cryos Denmark part 2
    « Reply #142 on: 25/09/16, 06:15 »
    Congrats again kabuk. The first trimester is L. O. N. G. Second nit as bad as reality hits and is exciting with planning things, maternity leave, looking at things to buy, then suddenly third trimester flies and takes forever at same time!
    My advice is try to enjoy and not spend it worrying as I did. Just revel in it! It's truly amazing.

Lifebegins- if was me I'd get some bloods done at least- GP should be able to arrange..... But for speed private would be quicker and I'd have a minimum of ultrasound and hycosy where they test the tubes and check for blockages and scarring. Mine was around 400. But was worth it imo. Least then you'd know whether it's worth getting a prescription for clomid or if ivf etc is more appropriate.

Good luck

Offline gardenlover

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    Cryos Denmark part 2
    « Reply #143 on: 25/09/16, 14:28 »
    Hi Life begins, if you are childless (your partner is too) you can get fertility treatment on the NHS.  If you have a a child already you have to go private. Having tried for a few months with cryos I had spoken to my GP about a referral for private and she sent me for blood tests and made a referral for an ovary ultrasound all on the NHS because she said they'd ask for that when I went private and we may as well try to cut a few costs initially.  In the meantime I tried again with cryos and lo! it worked. I'm 37 and it was my 5th cycle of trying. I bought 8x MOT10 this time. I had inquired about the costs of IUI and it was something like 2000 and then the cost of sperm which was high (maybe 500-1000) and then the cost of possible medications.  I think IVF was more like 6000 + sperm cost.

Offline Sue2588

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    Cryos Denmark part 2
    « Reply #144 on: 25/09/16, 15:46 »
    Hi ladies,

May I join you in here. I am hoping to begin trying using Cyros soon. Thinking October / November / December for start date, not quite sure yet as I'm still tracking, wanting to make sure I get a good idea of my cycles.

I have a donor conceived 3 year old who is my world but want another one :-)

modify
    Cryos Denmark part 2
    « Reply #145 on: 25/09/16, 15:50 »
    Thanks Gardenlover. I am single, no kids and 40, so NHS doesn't want to know as far as treatment goes. I may be able to get some basic tests done though. As my mum oh so helpfully said this morning - I should have started trying years ago. No point crying about that now. I think I'm going to try cryos again this month (I should be able to get at least 6 MOT10) and also get an appt with the GP for a chat. It might be that I can sort some tests for next cycle.

Welcome Sue!

Offline Sue2588

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    Cryos Denmark part 2
    « Reply #146 on: 25/09/16, 18:08 »
    I'm looking at next month potentially, but looks like OV is going to be a Monday!! Awkward.

If I ordered a large dry ice tank on the Wednesday, that would last until the Monday right?

All speculative of course as need to actually get nearer by seeing what CD 1 is going to be

modify
    Cryos Denmark part 2
    « Reply #147 on: 25/09/16, 18:58 »
    My OD varies from 13-19, so I've ordered the nitrogen tank both times and will do so again this month. I don't think I want the extra worry of the dry ice lasting. The nitrogen tanks give you 7 days.

Offline Sue2588

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    Cryos Denmark part 2
    « Reply #148 on: 25/09/16, 19:16 »
    Yeah I suppose the nitrogen tank is only 20 more expensive than the large dry ice. Nothing really when you think you're getting an extra 2/3 days.

I'm just concerned about returning it, how easy is it to do that?

modify
    Cryos Denmark part 2
    « Reply #149 on: 25/09/16, 20:03 »
    You can either get them to collect it from your home, or you can find your nearest dhl service point. Apart from being seen carrying a big tank, it's easy! I take mine into my local town to the Ryman's shop. You have a sticky postage label in your pack inside the tank, so you put that over the old label, and take the account number from the cryos email. Both times I've ordered, They have dispatched Monday and the tank's arrived lunchtime Tuesday. I've then sent it back on a Thurs and a FRi.