* Author Topic: Cryos Denmark part 2  (Read 82264 times)

0 Members

Offline kabuk1

modify
Cryos Denmark part 2
« Reply #150 on: 25/09/16, 20:28 »
We went with the large nitrogen tank to make sure we had our basis covered, but I actually didn't too much tracking before we tried, so we were playing it safe to cover 12 days. I then rang DHL to schedule a collection from home. It was collected next day. Very easy.

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Me, Myself and I

• Gold Member
    • Single Mother By Choice
    modify
    Cryos Denmark part 2
    « Reply #151 on: 25/09/16, 20:32 »
    Hi Life begins, if you are childless (your partner is too) you can get fertility treatment on the NHS.  If you have a a child already you have to go private. Having tried for a few months with cryos I had spoken to my GP about a referral for private and she sent me for blood tests and made a referral for an ovary ultrasound all on the NHS because she said they'd ask for that when I went private and we may as well try to cut a few costs initially.  In the meantime I tried again with cryos and lo! it worked. I'm 37 and it was my 5th cycle of trying. I bought 8x MOT10 this time. I had inquired about the costs of IUI and it was something like 2000 and then the cost of sperm which was high (maybe 500-1000) and then the cost of possible medications.  I think IVF was more like 6000 + sperm cost.
    Sadly nit all areas fund for single women. Mine doesn't. 😞 And sadly with waiting lists if two years from referral if did the wait would be detrimental for many solo women.

Offline [email protected]

modify
    Cryos Denmark part 2
    « Reply #152 on: 27/09/16, 15:01 »
    Looks like I'll have to skip this month. AF only lasted 2 days and only the first day was heavy. (TMI) now all I'm getting is the odd bit of brown. Still getting cramps, but no bleeding since Sunday pm. Headaches all weekend, but normal when I have AF. Haven't a clue what is going on, so dare not spend a grand on swimmers if this is going to be a dodgy month! Obviously I've googled the hell out the situation, but can't bring myself to poas. My bbt is low, but only went 0.01 below my coverline yesterday for the first time since last OD. It's up 0.1C today. Feel free to join me in my wild speculation about what might be going on! I have not tried a hpt again yet. I think I'll see what my bbt is tomorrow and if AF comes back.

Offline Sue2588

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    Cryos Denmark part 2
    « Reply #153 on: 27/09/16, 18:53 »
    Ah sorry your body is playing tricks on you, that's rough. Hope tomorrow brings some more answers.
    Have you got an IC test instead of using an expensive one? Hoping you don't need to write off this next month!

I'm thinking of getting 8 x MOT 5. My favourite donor has 21 mot 5 available.

What does everyone think of that combination? My ovulation (based on this cycle I'm in now, and actually OV'ing today (this morning!)) I'm due to ovulate on a Thursday so going to order large dry ice for shipping on Monday of that week then that should cover me for slightly early or delayed OV.

I can only spare 500 per cycle currently, but should be able to spend more in the new year if it hasn't worked by then.

modify
    Cryos Denmark part 2
    « Reply #154 on: 27/09/16, 19:32 »
    There are ladies who have been successful using multiple mot5 insems, so worth a go. I used mot 5 my 1st try, then managed to save up for 6 mot10 second time around. If I skip this month, then I might be able to go to 8mot10 next try. Good luck!

Online Felicity123

modify
    Cryos Denmark part 2
    « Reply #155 on: 30/09/16, 15:26 »
    Hi guys. 

Just dropping in to add my name to the list of proponents of MOT5. 
    I used 6xmot5 (all 0.4ml straws) this month for three insems and got a bfp a few days ago.  Sadly it ended in a chemical this morning (:-[) but can't blame the sperm for that.

modify
    Cryos Denmark part 2
    « Reply #156 on: 30/09/16, 18:01 »
    Sorry about the chemical, but at least you know that donor has some strong swimmers. Good luck with your next try.

Offline Me, Myself and I

• Gold Member
    • Single Mother By Choice
    modify
    Cryos Denmark part 2
    « Reply #157 on: 1/10/16, 03:50 »
    Hi guys. 

Just dropping in to add my name to the list of proponents of MOT5. 
    I used 6xmot5 (all 0.4ml straws) this month for three insems and got a bfp a few days ago.  Sadly it ended in a chemical this morning (:-[) but can't blame the sperm for that.

Oh the joy and sadness in such a short time. So sorry. Only consolation is you now know you CAN get pregnant, so a step closer! Now you just need to stay pregnant. Hoping your bundle arrives soon, bringing lots of joy; the sleep deprivation is a given! 😵

Offline Sue2588

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    Cryos Denmark part 2
    « Reply #158 on: 2/10/16, 08:41 »
    Sorry about your chemical felicity. Be hopeful in the knowledge you did and can get pregnant! Got my fingers crossed tightly for you for next cycle x

Offline msforensic

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    Cryos Denmark part 2
    « Reply #159 on: 7/10/16, 19:36 »
    Hello Everyone,

New here have just done my first home insemination, after reading everyone's comments i am really worried its not going to work and this 2 week wait is going to be a long one.
    I have no known fertility problems have 1 child who has just turned a teenager from a relationship but have been single for so long felt the time was right.
    i used 1x mot 5 and 1 xmot 10 as that was all that was left of my donor (due to blood group i am limited on donors).

best wishes to you all xxx