* Author Topic: Cryos Denmark part 2  (Read 84135 times)

0 Members

Offline [email protected]

• Sr. Member-10017
modify
Cryos Denmark part 2
« Reply #160 on: 8/10/16, 17:51 »
Hi and Good Luck!

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Me, Myself and I

• Gold Member-10018
    • Single Mother By Choice
    modify
    Cryos Denmark part 2
    « Reply #161 on: 8/10/16, 21:06 »
    Hello Everyone,

New here have just done my first home insemination, after reading everyone's comments i am really worried its not going to work and this 2 week wait is going to be a long one.
    I have no known fertility problems have 1 child who has just turned a teenager from a relationship but have been single for so long felt the time was right.
    i used 1x mot 5 and 1 xmot 10 as that was all that was left of my donor (due to blood group i am limited on donors).

best wishes to you all xxx
    Good luck.
    You know you can use any of the Euro compliant donors to widen your pool of potential donors?

Offline [email protected]

• Sr. Member-10017
    modify
    Cryos Denmark part 2
    « Reply #162 on: 9/10/16, 15:28 »
    Very glad I skipped ordering this month. Thinking my hormones have gone right up the creek. If I wasn't getting bfns on hpts, I'd be sure I was pregnant! This should have been a short month, and while I am getting faint to middling lines on opks (I usually go from blank to dark, then blank again over 48 hours), I have not had a positive yet and it's CD16 (going from my odd short/light 2 day "period" 2 weeks ago). I'm sure I haven't missed the positive opk, as I've been testing 3 times a day. If I'd ordered swimmers, they would be on their last day now and I would be crying at the waste of 800! So frustrating! Going to have to wait and see if I ovulate and then if I get my next period and go from there.

Offline Me, Myself and I

• Gold Member-10018
    modify
    Cryos Denmark part 2
    « Reply #163 on: 9/10/16, 19:56 »
    Very glad I skipped ordering this month. Thinking my hormones have gone right up the creek. If I wasn't getting bfns on hpts, I'd be sure I was pregnant! This should have been a short month, and while I am getting faint to middling lines on opks (I usually go from blank to dark, then blank again over 48 hours), I have not had a positive yet and it's CD16 (going from my odd short/light 2 day "period" 2 weeks ago). I'm sure I haven't missed the positive opk, as I've been testing 3 times a day. If I'd ordered swimmers, they would be on their last day now and I would be crying at the waste of 800! So frustrating! Going to have to wait and see if I ovulate and then if I get my next period and go from there.
    Infuriating but glad you made the right call.

Offline joan1980

• Full Member-10016
    modify
    Cryos Denmark part 2
    « Reply #164 on: 10/10/16, 15:52 »
    Hello Everyone,

New here have just done my first home insemination, after reading everyone's comments i am really worried its not going to work and this 2 week wait is going to be a long one.
    I have no known fertility problems have 1 child who has just turned a teenager from a relationship but have been single for so long felt the time was right.
    i used 1x mot 5 and 1 xmot 10 as that was all that was left of my donor (due to blood group i am limited on donors).

best wishes to you all xxx

Hi,

Is there a specific reason for your blood group preference?

I'm O- & wanted a donor who was too. This was mainly due to past failure with Rh positive donors. Though I also worry about what if the child was premature, due to my age 35. Having to also worry about blood group issues would be an added worry.

I couldn't find a cryos O- donor with the characteristics I wanted. So I went with a few different donors who had positive blood groups. I've tried about 6 times over the past 10 years (all positive donors) & had no success. Though saying that my first child was conceived with A+ donor over 11 years ago. But turned out to be O- herself. So I'm in a quandary over what to do. It's proving impossible for me to find a fresh O- donor.

Offline kabuk1

• Sr. Member-10017
    modify
    Cryos Denmark part 2
    « Reply #165 on: 11/10/16, 21:40 »
    I'm A- and really wanted an Rh- donor, but that was more for precaution and not having to worry about the blood mixing if the baby ends up Rh+. In the end we went with an A+ donor because we wanted to do home insemination and so wanted the ICI unwashed sperm. We couldn't find any Rh- non-anonymous donors with an extended profile. Even if we wanted IUI, the options weren't much better. In the end I'm glad we chose the donor we did because lucky me got pregnant first try. The only draw back to our donor is that when my partner tries for a sibling, if home insemination isn't successful, we'll have to go abroad for treatment to use the same donor as he doesn't meet UK regulations, so off to Denmark it would be.

We changed our requirements for a donor as we progressed in our search. Certain things just become more important than others. Depending on your reason for blood group choice, it may be worth expanding your choices. Hopefully you've been successful this time and so it won't matter!

Offline Me, Myself and I

• Gold Member-10018
    modify
    Cryos Denmark part 2
    « Reply #166 on: 12/10/16, 20:11 »
    Re blood groups, I was successful with donor same group as me. No idea if coincidence or not....

Offline Snoozyp

• Registered-2
    modify
    Cryos Denmark part 2
    « Reply #167 on: 14/10/16, 14:24 »
    Just wanted any ladies to know not to give up hope.
    After much debating on whether to use a donor I chose Cryos denmark. I ordered for the first time september cycle. I thought at first I would try with two vials of MOT 10 ICI unwashed, I also picked a donor who had a reported pregnancy because that way I knew it was healthy sperm. For some reason my Opks started showing a faint line earlier than normal (unusual for me) and they never seemed to get really dark (again unusual) I thought my most positive looking one was 8pm thursday.
    When it came to the day I had ordered it for DHL had shipped it to the wrong part of the country (very stressful) and after a lot of arguing with them got it next morning approx 11am on Friday.
    I inserted conceive plus using a syringe 2ml whilst leaving the vials to defrost.
    I then took the syringe drew it up lay on floor with legs up on couch and slowly inserted. I left syringe in for twenty minutes and slowly removed. I kept my legs up in the air for one hour (no kidding) using the couch as support. I then lay on the couch for another hour. Walked the dog and spent the rest of the evening lying on the couch.
    The other things I did differently this month I stopped my multivitamin and switched to prenatal and started to take l-argintine 500mg but only up til ovulation as its not suitable in pregnancy.
    Well I am pleased to report first time novice on my own I got my BFP first time trying with cryos so can not rate it enough.

Offline kabuk1

• Sr. Member-10017
    modify
    Cryos Denmark part 2
    « Reply #168 on: 14/10/16, 16:11 »
    Congrats Snoozyp - it's amazing, isn't it. I manage it the first time two, but I did 2xMOT2 and I did them 12-14 hours apart. My donor was new and had no reported pregnancies, so I'm the first one. Just another 12 days until my 12 week scan! It can work.

Offline joan1980

• Full Member-10016
    modify
    Cryos Denmark part 2
    « Reply #169 on: 14/10/16, 19:15 »
    Congratulations snoozyp & kabuk1

Sorry I know it's rude to ask but would you mind revealing what age you are? Or at least an age range please? As teen to 25 are the most fertile years.