* Author Topic: Cryos Denmark part 2  (Read 84133 times)

0 Members

Offline Me, Myself and I

• Gold Member-10018
  • Single Mother By Choice
modify
Cryos Denmark part 2
« Reply #180 on: 16/10/16, 20:57 »
Am glad that you have a plan of action! Still can't believe that there's no around the clock care in hospitals for epaus etc! 🤐

Just FYI I bled every period time until eighteen weeks. And lo's snoring away in bed now so it does happen. In one occasion as it increased I was advised to have bed rest which I followed. ( I also bled with a Uti).

Re your partner I think that if I were her I'd want to be there and possibly be a little hurt not being there? Though I understand your thinking behind it, she could be a ready source of support and you're in this together.....

Good luck

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline [email protected]

• Sr. Member-10017
    modify
    Cryos Denmark part 2
    « Reply #181 on: 16/10/16, 21:13 »
    Good luck Kabuk!

Offline kabuk1

• Sr. Member-10017
    modify
    Cryos Denmark part 2
    « Reply #182 on: 17/10/16, 11:36 »
    Thanks everyone. All went well today. Baby looks healthy and growing nicely. So relieved. She said the bleeding is most likely from the placenta growth because it continues to implant as it grows.

Just a little over a week until the 12 week mark. I can't wait. I want to announce our little Cryos baby!

Offline [email protected]

• Sr. Member-10017
    modify
    Cryos Denmark part 2
    « Reply #183 on: 17/10/16, 18:53 »
    So pleased for you! :)

AFM, Gp said my odd period may be the cause of my pregnancy-like symptoms, or it could have been the loss of a pregnancy and my hormones have not sorted themselves out yet. Just in case though, he is allowing me to have a blood test, but there are no appointments til next Wednesday (26th). In the meantime he expects I will get my next period next weekend when due. Don't know how I feel about it all, but I can't try again until my cycles return to normal.

Offline kabuk1

• Sr. Member-10017
    modify
    Cryos Denmark part 2
    « Reply #184 on: 17/10/16, 19:34 »
    Thanks.

I hope AF arrives as normal and that the blood work will provide the answers you're looking for. Fingers crossed that all will be normal this cycle so you can try again soon!

Offline Jayjay29

• Registered-2
    modify
    Cryos Denmark part 2
    « Reply #185 on: 18/10/16, 21:00 »
    Hi all. So new on here... so I've been following this thread right back from the old one! 😂 I have just had my last cryos shipment for a while as my funds have completely run out.... this time around I went for 2x not 20 and 2x not 5.... this whole brexit and the pound crashing hasn't helped my attempts.... really hoping for my bfp this month or we will be going to our local gp asking for NHS help.... :/ congrats to all those it has worked for! :)

Offline kabuk1

• Sr. Member-10017
    modify
    Cryos Denmark part 2
    « Reply #186 on: 19/10/16, 20:41 »
    Welcome Jayjay. Hope you get your BFP.

Have you been using IUI or ICI for home insemination? Only asking as I know some who struggled using IUI washed sperm for home insem, and whilst some have had success, I know a few who struggled and then chose a donor with ICI unwashed and were successful.

Offline Me, Myself and I

• Gold Member-10018
    • Single Mother By Choice
    modify
    Cryos Denmark part 2
    « Reply #187 on: 19/10/16, 21:26 »

Have you been using IUI or ICI for home insemination? Only asking as I know some who struggled using IUI washed sperm for home insem, and whilst some have had success, I know a few who struggled and then chose a donor with ICI unwashed and were successful.
    As I understand it, IUI ready is not appropriate for home insemination as it can cause cramping and the woman to potentially go into shock. I don't know anyone whom has had success that hasn't used ICI.

Offline joan1980

• Full Member-10016
    modify
    Cryos Denmark part 2
    « Reply #188 on: 19/10/16, 23:50 »

As I understand it, IUI ready is not appropriate for home insemination as it can cause cramping and the woman to potentially go into shock. I don't know anyone whom has had success that hasn't used ICI.

Hi

I used 6 IUI MOT10 straws + 12 ICI MOT10 for a ICI cycle & had no cramping or medical issues. It didn't work, but neither did further cycles using only ICI straws.

It shouldn't cause cramping. But it may not survive long enough to get to the egg. Using IUI sperm is like filtering/washing ready sperm twice. It wastes significant time/energy/life of the sperm. If you aren't using IUI sperm for IUI it also wastes money, as it costs more & will not be as good as the ICI option.

I do know that if you use ICI sperm for IUI, that can cause cramping & shock. Which may need emergency treatment

Offline kabuk1

• Sr. Member-10017
    modify
    Cryos Denmark part 2
    « Reply #189 on: 20/10/16, 20:50 »

It's the other way around. You should never use ICI for IUI as it goes direct to the uterus and can cause problems. You can use IUI for home insem, but it lacks protection since it's been washed. I know some people have opted for IUI for home insem because their preferred donor didn't have any ICI. However, they struggled, so I didn't see the point in trying with it at all.