* Author Topic: Cryos Denmark part 2  (Read 84097 times)

0 Members

Offline Snoozyp

• Registered-2
modify
Cryos Denmark part 2
« Reply #190 on: 22/10/16, 10:33 »
Hi all. So new on here... so I've been following this thread right back from the old one!  I have just had my last cryos shipment for a while as my funds have completely run out.... this time around I went for 2x not 20 and 2x not 5.... this whole brexit and the pound crashing hasn't helped my attempts.... really hoping for my bfp this month or we will be going to our local gp asking for NHS help.... :/ congrats to all those it has worked for! :)

I don't know if you tried it or are interested in trying it but I used conceive plus in a syringe about ten minutes before insemination and got bfp may be worth a try.

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Me, Myself and I

• Gold Member-10018
    • Single Mother By Choice
    modify
    Cryos Denmark part 2
    « Reply #191 on: 22/10/16, 16:17 »
    Hi all. So new on here... so I've been following this thread right back from the old one!  I have just had my last cryos shipment for a while as my funds have completely run out.... this time around I went for 2x not 20 and 2x not 5.... this whole brexit and the pound crashing hasn't helped my attempts.... really hoping for my bfp this month or we will be going to our local gp asking for NHS help.... :/ congrats to all those it has worked for! :)

I don't know if you tried it or are interested in trying it but I used conceive plus in a syringe about ten minutes before insemination and got bfp may be worth a try.
    I used too.

Offline Jayjay29

• Registered-2
    modify
    Cryos Denmark part 2
    « Reply #192 on: 24/10/16, 13:58 »
    Hi all, thanks for your respknses... I use unwashed as heard it lasts longer... :) and this month I use pre seed as I heard that it had helped others... I'm due on this weekend so will see what happens... feeling incredibly low at the moment just want a baby! :( I'm gonna go to the Drs in a couple of weeks if this hasn't worked this time as I've had some very large ovarian cysts in the past a few had to be surgically removed so worried all that has had an impact.... me and the wife have been together for 11 years November and married for 2 years on sat. This would be an amazing anniversary present if I got a bfp but my hopes are not high. :(

Offline kabuk1

• Sr. Member-10017
    modify
    Cryos Denmark part 2
    « Reply #193 on: 24/10/16, 19:11 »
    Try to stay positive. If it doesn't happen this time, hopefully the doc will be able to help. Not sure if you're in or near London, but The Fertility Show was an amazing resource. I don't know if they have one outside London anywhere. We went last year and found it extremely useful.

It would be pretty cool to get BFP for your anniversary. We went away for ours this year and then tried that same month and got a BFP, so using the LMP date we count back to 2 days before our anniversary. It didn't even register until I read your post.

Good luck. I hope you get your BFP soon.

Offline Jayjay29

• Registered-2
    modify
    Cryos Denmark part 2
    « Reply #194 on: 24/10/16, 19:30 »
    Thanks I am trying to stay positive but with yet another friend announced their pregnancy on social media today just feeling very deflated and kinda on my own. :( I obviously talk to my wife about it all and she tells me all the right stuff just hard.... it's not over till af arrivesso will keep you updated. :) I'm keeping my fingers crossed through this negativity. Lol. Got no money left in the pot for any more tries until prob Feb time.... as not prepared to use my credit card and get into debt.... had enough for 6 months saved up.... that is also playing on my mind... no money left to try again next month... :'( just feeling sorry for myself.... .-.

Offline kabuk1

• Sr. Member-10017
    modify
    Cryos Denmark part 2
    « Reply #195 on: 24/10/16, 19:47 »
    It's great your wife is so supportive. I scared my poor wife half to death last night. We were at a friends wedding and I got sick, chills and all. She couldn't sleep as she was too worried about me and the little bean. Thankfully the chills are gone, but still not great. Will be ringing my GP tomorrow just to make sure there is nothing to worry about.

It's definitely not cheap. When we first started my wife was the one trying and we used a known donor through pride angel to keep the cost down. Although the guy was lovely and had a very solid reference, the timing was the issue. We tried 1.5 times as he kept cancelling, so we decided to use cryos. Then work got crazy for her and so I decided I would try. It was quite a bit of money we put out to reserve 10 vials.

Friends of ours new they were going to have to go the IVF route as the one trying was in her late 30s and an obstetrician who was pretty certain of that, but they had to go through 3 failed IUIs before being able to get the IVF funded. She was successful on the 2nd try the first time but mc and then when they started again, she got pregnant the 2nd try again and that has result to two beautiful girls. It took them a year to get that successful pregnancy and they had to switch donors.

It can be a long journey, but hopefully it will all work out. It can be frustrating when others are announcing. Really hope af does rear her ugly little head for you!

Offline kim2406

• Registered-2
    modify
    Cryos Denmark part 2
    « Reply #196 on: 24/10/16, 20:38 »
    Hi all, I've previously had 2 fresh IVF cycles and one frozen transfer but no success. Due to money and having none left(!), I've decided to try home insemination. Have been tracking my cycles and now feel ready to give it a shot. Can anyone recommend how much to buy? I know it isn't an exact process but would just like a ball park? From reading past posts I've decided on ici ready rather than iui ready and was thinking maybe 6 x MOT 5?

Thanks for reading!

Xxx

Offline kabuk1

• Sr. Member-10017
    modify
    Cryos Denmark part 2
    « Reply #197 on: 24/10/16, 21:14 »
    Like you said, there is no exact formula. A lot does depend on your cycle. If it's regular and you've been tracking your basal body temp, then you should have a good idea of when you ovulate, especially how long after your LH surge you ovulate. That's the most important bit with home insemination using frozen sperm- timing. People have reported pregnancies with MOT5. 2xMOT10 was the recommended one per insem up until a few years ago, not they say 2xMOT20. We used 1 MOT20 10 hours post surge and another MOT20 10 hours after that and I'm now 11+5 (12 week scan on Wed!). I had my surge CD19 and ovulated CD20. If you know that time frame, then making sure you have 2-4 insems should be enough, but there is no guarantee.

When we decided to go with cryos, we reserved 10xMOT20, with the idea that we'd use 2xMOT20 per cycle. It wasn't cheap and we got lucky, so we still have 8xMOT20 for a sibling. But we had consider going with MOT10s.

Offline Me, Myself and I

• Gold Member-10018
    • Single Mother By Choice
    modify
    Cryos Denmark part 2
    « Reply #198 on: 24/10/16, 21:43 »
    Like you said, there is no exact formula. A lot does depend on your cycle. If it's regular and you've been tracking your basal body temp, then you should have a good idea of when you ovulate, especially how long after your LH surge you ovulate. That's the most important bit with home insemination using frozen sperm- timing. People have reported pregnancies with MOT5. 2xMOT10 was the recommended one per insem up until a few years ago, not they say 2xMOT20. We used 1 MOT20 10 hours post surge and another MOT20 10 hours after that and I'm now 11+5 (12 week scan on Wed!). I had my surge CD19 and ovulated CD20. If you know that time frame, then making sure you have 2-4 insems should be enough, but there is no guarantee.

When we decided to go with cryos, we reserved 10xMOT20, with the idea that we'd use 2xMOT20 per cycle. It wasn't cheap and we got lucky, so we still have 8xMOT20 for a sibling. But we had consider going with MOT10s.

I advocate 6 inseminations from peak fertility not high, every twelve hours 2x mot5 from Same blood group donor who had proven pregnancies. Use conceive plus or similar ten minutes beforehand.

🤕 My lo currently has a high temperature.

Don't waste money if you haven't already tracked your cycles for minimum of three months.

Hth

Offline Jayjay29

• Registered-2
    modify
    Cryos Denmark part 2
    « Reply #199 on: 26/10/16, 08:39 »
    So last night I got a very faint line on a clear blue very very faint but definately there as it's still there this morning!! :/ the issue is I don't want to take it as a bfp just yet as it was a blue dye test and the line got clearer after the 10 min mark.... so I'm worried it's just an evap! I've read a lot of people say negative stuff about the clearblue blue dye tests.... :/ gonna try and wait till tomorrow and then test again? Any one else had this?? It wasn't fmu but I'd been at work all day with only one early morning toilet stop so went pretty much the same amount of time.... :/