* Author Topic: Cryos Denmark part 2  (Read 84096 times)

0 Members

Offline Me, Myself and I

• Gold Member-10018
  • Single Mother By Choice
modify
Cryos Denmark part 2
« Reply #210 on: 17/11/16, 19:36 »
Today I got a surprise! I have been under subfertility due to not ovulating.  The best I got NHS was 16.9 and private 19.  I have had 3 months of day 21 and 28 bloods and day 2 - 4 bloods.  My appointment not till 9th December but had a bit of a wobble and contacted them asking for the results.  My nurse called me today and said all my bloods fine and last months day 21 progesterone was 42!!! I've never had that! I was due to start Clomid in 3 weeks!!    So she's given me the go ahead to start trying!!   So excited even though a little confused my progesterone suddenly gone upto 42 when done nothing different

I have looked on Cryos and just a couple of questions.  Sorry about them lol.   They say not to use MOT5 for home insemination but I know several people have got pregnant using them?  Also as I would be due to ovulate on a Sunday or Monday 4th/5th December when do I order as so scared of the swimmers going to waste sat in some warehouse!      It also recommends doing one insemination using MOT20 x 2 or MOT 30 and MOT 10.     Sorry for all the questions.  I just know with limited funds I want to give myself the best possible chance of it working

Congratulations.
I know of many women who have conceived with MOT5  :-*
I think that the timing and using 0.8/1ml (i.e. two vials) per insemination is the way to go - with as many inseminations as possible. eg every twelve hours for 5/6 times ideally - or as close to.
As for tanks - a longer lasting one and then arriving Thursday/Friday would suit and give you a window of opportunity.

HTH

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Calluna

• Gold Member-10018
    modify
    Cryos Denmark part 2
    « Reply #211 on: 17/11/16, 20:12 »
    Hi alittlenervous,

Great news that you ovulated. Not wanting to bang on about it but have you sorted your TSH yet? Because, as I and everyone else on the thyroid thread have explained, you are more than likely to be wasting your money if you go ahead without doing that first.

Hi everyone else,

This is my first month trying with home insemination after many IUIs and 2 IVFs where we didn't have a transfer. Was anyone else concerned about the sperm being x-rayed at the airport? Cryos told me that all deliveries are likely to be x-rayed in transit. I ended up flying to Denmark to do it there, which doubled as a little holiday and didn't cost much more than the delivery would have done.

Good luck to everyone trying this month x

Offline kabuk1

• Sr. Member-10017
    modify
    Cryos Denmark part 2
    « Reply #212 on: 17/11/16, 21:21 »
    I didn't have any issues with delivery straight to my door. As we wanted to cover the entire window, we paid for the large nitrogen tank so we had 12 days. It was a good thing to since it was a later ovulation.

As for MOT, my recommendation would be 2xMOT10 per insem, if possible. We opted for 1xMOT20 and did 2 inseminations 12 hours apart, the first was 12 hours after LH surge. It was a late surge and short turnaround for ovulation. We had success! I"m currently 15 weeks! Still can't believe it. But again, people have tried a variety of ways and have had success. I don't know if you've chosen a donor, but I wouldn't worry too much about reported pregnancy- we chose a donor without, although we knew he was new as he still had a star next to his profile when we purchased. As we did home insem, we didn't care if it met UK regulations. Ours didn't and it was over 100 cheaper. It did meet the regs for 4 other countries + the EU.

Congrats on those numbers coming up- great news that you ovulated! Good luck with the insemination.

Offline alittlenervous

• Sr. Member-10017
    modify
    Cryos Denmark part 2
    « Reply #213 on: 17/11/16, 21:36 »
    Me, Myself and I thank you! So pleased I have finally got the go ahead!!  Great advice.  I knew I'd read about many inseminations using MOT 5 had worked for ladies on here.  Thank you RE the tank.  I think I'll need to do that as it lasts 7 days doesn't it?

Calluna my TSH last test was 3 something.  T4 high and no antibodies so hopefully all ok .    Huge good luck to you you get that BFP this month 😊

Kabuk congratulations!!!!! So pleased to hear it worked first time!!!!   I've been looking and I think with delivery for either 5/6 MOT 5 or 2 MOT20 will be around 700.  Not decided on donor yet.  So so hard to decide and not wanting to make the wrong choice

Thank you everyone

Offline kim2406

• Registered-2
    modify
    Cryos Denmark part 2
    « Reply #214 on: 18/11/16, 19:56 »
    So all in all, I actually think it may have turned out okay in the end. Inseminated Wednesday night and Thursday night and got peak Thursday lunchtime so fingers crossed now. I used 2x mot10 per insemination.

Praying this works but if not have enough money for one more go. My brother in law has also offered to be my donor, not sure how I feel about that though. Any thoughts? Has anyone else used a non related family donor?

Good luck alittlenervous and calluna.

X

Offline alittlenervous

• Sr. Member-10017
    modify
    Cryos Denmark part 2
    « Reply #215 on: 18/11/16, 21:03 »
    Oh good luck Kim!!! Sending you lots of luck and crossing everything for that BFP!  :)   That's lovely he's offered that and definitely something to think about and talk over with your brother in law if need to do but hopefully this will be that one  :)    My friend, she has a little girl who's one and her other half messaged me yesterday asking if she said yes could he be my donor.   I had to say no don't ask as I wouldn't want to ruin our friendship and risk putting their relationship at risk but I would use a known donor that was family definitely as long as all sides happy

Offline alittlenervous

• Sr. Member-10017
    modify
    Cryos Denmark part 2
    « Reply #216 on: 19/11/16, 21:21 »
    Would anyone use a donor from Cryos that has no name just a number? The one I'm interested in had a reported pregnancy.  And would say 4 MOT5 inseminations using 2 0.4ml vials per insem be better than 2 MOT 10/20 using 2 vials?   

Sorry for all the questions, just want to make sure I get it right and do I do it raw ie no helpor maybe use conceive plus?  So many things to get just right isn't there?

Final question for now haha, when I get the 2 strong lines showing the surge do I do first insem then or wait a while? 

Offline joan1980

• Full Member-10016
    modify
    Cryos Denmark part 2
    « Reply #217 on: 19/11/16, 23:25 »
    alittlenervous  I can only give your my experiences. Which were all unsuccessful. I tried several times with donors who only had a number. As they are so expensive & I wanted as many swimmers as possible. The first donors had no reported pregnancies & didn't have a star indicating they were new. I used 18X MOT10 ICI for each try. With the method of (2 straws) 1ml every 12 hours. My understanding is that donors who have numbers have only a basic profile open for us to see. I'm unsure as to the reason for this. Maybe they don't think the donor would be popular if we knew the extended data or maybe the donor couldn't provide enough data to justify the higher charge. But there are many factors why it may not have worked. Although I was undergoing fertility treatment, this was not for a specific problem, but to monitor & increase my chances. I had proof that I ovulated several eggs on a few occasions. I inseminated at home during the correct window, yet still none of them fertilised. I was nave & didn't realise that by the time I'd ordered my straws, dozens of tries by others had already occurred with that same donor. Indicating he may have had a fertility problem. As although the other recipients probably went via a clinic for fertility issues, you would expect some success. They probably put the failure down to their own problems. But sperm can look & behave viable but still be unable to fertilise the egg.

Because your donor has resulted in pregnancy that is a good indication. Though pregnancy doesn't always equal live birth. And the site has no obligation to list early miscarriage, even if the donor could have contributed. Most donors aren't tested for hereditary conditions.

Offline Me, Myself and I

• Gold Member-10018
    • Single Mother By Choice
    modify
    Cryos Denmark part 2
    « Reply #218 on: 20/11/16, 05:12 »
    Cryos list all of their extensive genetic testing.

Though in an ideal world I would have used a non proven donor I felt that being proven gave me additional security. As did using a donor with same blood group.

Sadly home inseminations could require as many attempts as those with a partner. And though a woman may appear to have no fertility issues two years on she may have unexplained infertility. So this is no different for some women doing home inseminations. Ensuring you are as healthy as possible physically and gynaelogically is the best you can do.

Some donors don't complete as indepth profiles so these are just numbered donors. For me I needed as much information as possible to make the right decision. Having photos and information should I ever tell lo was important.

Hth

Offline joan1980

• Full Member-10016
    modify
    Cryos Denmark part 2
    « Reply #219 on: 20/11/16, 06:00 »
    In the majority of cases cryos do NOT perform any donor genetic testing whatsoever. They will normally only do donor genetic testing if a child is born with so called 'abnormalities' from the use of a donation. But the birth & issues must be verified by a doctors report. Genetic testing of the donor may then be performed. A note is put in his profile to state the donor has a registered hereditary condition & his straws can't be purchased through their website. More recently a list of all health tests the donor has had are available to view. This is their legal get out clause, as in most cases the only testing of the donor is a basic STI test. Which often doesn't even include CMV status.