* Author Topic: Cryos Denmark part 2  (Read 84090 times)

0 Members

Offline Me, Myself and I

• Gold Member-10018
  • Single Mother By Choice
modify
Cryos Denmark part 2
« Reply #220 on: 20/11/16, 11:27 »
In the majority of cases cryos do NOT perform any donor genetic testing whatsoever. They will normally only do donor genetic testing if a child is born with so called 'abnormalities' from the use of a donation. But the birth & issues must be verified by a doctors report. Genetic testing of the donor may then be performed. A note is put in his profile to state the donor has a registered hereditary condition & his straws can't be purchased through their website. More recently a list of all health tests the donor has had are available to view. This is their legal get out clause, as in most cases the only testing of the donor is a basic STI test. Which often doesn't even include CMV status.
I realise  that you have a bit of a bee in your bonnet re cryos but think that unless you have factual evidence with links string such slanderous comments on here is incredibly hard for others ttc and misleading.

Now I realise you haven't git pregnant and I'm sorry for your hurt but continuously blaming cryos which is what you're effectively doing is merely you transferring your issues. If you have such an issue with them I think you should go via another bank and a clinic.

As for cryos, if they were to be proven to have not conducted the tests they've said they've done then they'd be negligent and liable under eu laws. So though they may not be perfect I don't think they'd risk losing their business, especially given they have another bank in USA. Misconduct in Denmark would leave them open to investigations there too.

Now of course I could be wrong, but given you've never actually presented any evidence and only seem to post negative comments I see it as highly doubtful. But as a parent of a ds conceived child this is more worrying than you'd realise so please either stop the unfounded statements or provide some evidential links.

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline [email protected]

• Sr. Member-10017
    modify
    Cryos Denmark part 2
    « Reply #221 on: 20/11/16, 15:28 »
    Hi Alittlenervous,
    I have tried cryos with 2 cycles. First cycle I did 4 insems of 2 mot5 straws, 1st insem the morning I got my opk+/peak clearblue reading, then eve, morning, eve. The second cycle I tried 3 insems of 2 mot10 straws, 12, 24 and 36 hours after the opk+/peak readings. Both cycles were bfn, but I am 40, so my chances are very slim. I have no known fertility problems, other than a lack of a suitable male. I've got a fertility MOT booked before I try again. Both Cryos cycles I used preseed to ensure my swimmers had a nice environment when they went in. If you usually get lots of ewcm at ovulation time, then you might not need this.

When dealing with Cryos I have found them to be very professional and they do all the screening that is required of a sperm bank. They also state that their screening cannot eliminate the risk of having a child with a medical condition. Realistically, we would have to have complete genomic sequencing for ourselves and the donor and then see if it is a safe combination and while science can do that now, we'd need to spend tens of thousands per vial to cover the costs!

Offline joan1980

• Full Member-10016
    modify
    Cryos Denmark part 2
    « Reply #222 on: 20/11/16, 17:44 »
    As for cryos, if they were to be proven to have not conducted the tests they've said they've done then they'd be negligent and liable under eu laws. So though they may not be perfect I don't think they'd risk losing their business, especially given they have another bank in USA. Misconduct in Denmark would leave them open to investigations there too.

Cryos in most cases don't actually claim to have performed any genetic testing on donors. Please get your facts straight. I've never said that they have lied. All they have done is use ignorance against people. Recipients may assume donors have been screened for such. Only very recently have Cryos actually listed a 'summary of records' which lists ALL the medical/genetic tests the donors has had. And in most cases there has been no genetic testing. I urge you to read a variety of donor summary of records, not just a few. As it shows a bleak picture.

I recently phoned cryos to ask what the 'summary of records' was & they admitted that it's the record of every STI/genetic test that the donor has ever had. They're not going to publish this as it would affect business. However laws have been slowly changing in Denmark to force more regulation on them, to give more transparency regarding this. A lot of donors still have no genetic testing at all. Although oddly they all have a genetic marker indicating they're male. As if we didn't know!

Although some sperm banks do perform genetic testing, cryos don't seem to be required to unless they become aware of an issue. The article below isn't specifically about cryos, but note how they also evade specifying that they generally have no legal requirement to screen for any conditions. And they cleverly don't specify if all donors receive the few tests they do list. Although not all conditions can be identified from genetic testing, in many cases the genetic marker will later be found.
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3026032/IVF-scare-rogue-Viking-sperm-donor-Danish-clinic-failed-screen-test-tube-father-99-babies-deadly-disease-Passed-British-couple-s-child.html

And I'm not actually sad at present. I didn't want to upset others by revealing that I did find a donor elsewhere online. I'm currently pregnant with my second child from anonymous fresh sperm donation. 

/links

Offline alittlenervous

• Sr. Member-10017
    modify
    Cryos Denmark part 2
    « Reply #223 on: 20/11/16, 19:55 »
    Thank you for the replies everyone, a lot to think about.

Me, myself and I, yeah that was my main concern, having as much info I can keep in a file if I got pregnant as from birth I would let them know how they arrived in childs understanding terms

Thank you Lifebegins, so sorry it didn't work for you, yet!  Good luck with your fertility mot hun, hope all turns out ok and you can try again soon.   I had a tonne of blood work lately to check everything working too and only just got the ok to try as now ovulating.  I was getting strong positive ovulation tests but wasn't ovulating despite all the signs.   Could be something as simple as that hun.  Have you had day 21 progesterone checked?

Offline [email protected]

• Sr. Member-10017
    modify
    Cryos Denmark part 2
    « Reply #224 on: 20/11/16, 20:10 »
    I haven't had anything checked yet! I've been tracking my cycles for 7 months and I get my positive opks and my bbt is showing the right pattern, but as you say, we don't actually know for sure if those eggs are being released. I've got a lovely internal scan to look forward to, followed by a consultation. Not til the 8th though. Seeing the GP this week, so I'm planning to ask how much testing I can get on the NHS.

You must be so excited to be getting started! Good luck! :)

Offline alittlenervous

• Sr. Member-10017
    modify
    Cryos Denmark part 2
    « Reply #225 on: 20/11/16, 20:34 »
    Hopefully nothing more than simple progesterone issue if anything at all!  Mine tracked was getting strong positive, good cm etc but my progesterone was 16 and needs to be over 30 to catch pregnant or sustain a pregnancy.    I have been using Swanson Pregesterone cream 2 weeks after ovulation till period starts and my progesterone is now 42!

Oh yes the dreaded internal scans!  Be in and out within a few mins and then at least you know womb, cervix and ovaries all ok.    Gp will do all the blood works.  I had day 21 progesterone, day 3 tests which are LH, FSH, oestradiol, prolactin and TSH.    TSH is your thyroid one so that's a good one to get done as just a simple thyroid issue can effect getting pregant.  So if you do get TSH done go first thing in the morning and after fasting to as TSH can change throughout the day and with food

I am excited but also completely and utterly terrified.  I know I only have enough for 4/5 goes and cannot get any help on the NHS unless paid for 12 goes of IUI myself at a cost of 11k which I will never have.   Praying this works!

Wishing you all the luck in the world with your tests and your journey too hun.  Let us know how your appointment goes  :)

Offline Me, Myself and I

• Gold Member-10018
    • Single Mother By Choice
    modify
    Cryos Denmark part 2
    « Reply #226 on: 20/11/16, 22:04 »
    Congratulations Joan. Was only 17th Nov you said you hadn't yet met any donors to follow that path and now you're pregnant! Quick work! Good luck with the pregnancy. Babies are a true blessing.

Offline alittlenervous

• Sr. Member-10017
    modify
    Cryos Denmark part 2
    « Reply #227 on: 21/11/16, 17:59 »
    Period due today and been a right woman to everyone so I know it's coming, that and the pain starting  ::)

I asked Cryos which day to shop if due Sunday/Monday the surge and they said Wednesday as only takes 1 to 2 days to deliver to me and I wil get it Thursday/Friday.  Has anyone else had it take longer due to the courier being terrible?  Not sure if to order the Tuesday so gives it that extra day?

Offline Calluna

• Gold Member-10018
    modify
    Cryos Denmark part 2
    « Reply #228 on: 21/11/16, 19:14 »
    Thanks for the good wishes alittlenervous and Kim! 10dpo today and this 2ww is dragging...

Congratulations Joan! I agree more testing by donor banks would be preferable but it's more than we would usually have to go on in 'real life' so I don't lose any sleep over it.

Lifebegins - hope your appointments go well and you can get all the basics tested on the NHS.

alittlenervous - were you taking the progesterone cream when you had your progesterone tested? Because that could affect the result - you need to know the progesterone is coming from your corpus luteum and not from the cream to know if you're ovulating. TSH over 3 is still too high! Sorry - I feel like I'm stalking you with this information!! It just upsets me to think of you wasting your money (and the potential heartache) because the NHS won't treat it until you're pregnant (when it may be too late) or until your TSH goes over 10, even though there is clear evidence of increased miscarriage risk over 2! I've seen other women on here continue with treatment, even NHS-funded IVF, with too high a TSH, and go on to have miscarriages and it's just appalling that the NHS allows this to happen. In terms of timing, I picked up my LH surge at 11pm on Friday (it was negative but close at 6pm) and I inseminated with 2 x MOT10 at 9pm on Saturday and with another 2 x MOT10 at 4.30am on Sunday. I can feel when I ovulate (and I've previously confirmed with ultrasound that what I feel does coincide with ovulation) and I ovulated around 1am on Sunday. We used a non-anonymous donor with an extended profile so it cost around 2000 for a single try but it's important to us that the child can have information about the donor and contact them when they're older if they want to. We considered just doing one insemination of 2 x MOT10 to save money but we're paying so much for immune treatment alongside that it would be silly not to give it the best chance. I would think you'd want to get the 12 day tank to give you the best chance of catching it but if you get treatment for your thyroid you may well find that your ovulation becomes earlier and more reliable.

Offline alittlenervous

• Sr. Member-10017
    modify
    Cryos Denmark part 2
    « Reply #229 on: 21/11/16, 21:10 »
    Calluna yes I was taking the cream when got the higher progesterone.  Read a lot of women were using it to get pregnant after not getting a good day 21 progesterone and it worked well so hoping it does for me as progesterone gone up, cycles gone to every 28 days so hoping as all other tests normal it's all I needed.  Fingers crossed.     NHS won't treat me at a TSH of 3 and I don't really want to take thyroxine as it's for a life with a level of 3.  I'm hoping it's nothing to worry about as have read about people with high TSH ok so hoping 3 nothing to bad as I can't put it off any longer as my egg reserve is classed as low fertility :(

Thank you hun.  I have decided on a named donor and am doing 2 x 2 MOT5 and 1 2x MOT10 so 3 inseminations.  It will cost including delivery around 800.  My budget for 4 goes then I'm out of funds so crossing everything and praying it works.

Wishing you loads and loads of luck in getting that postive test hun, not long now till you can test.   Sending lots of positive vibes you way.  Let us know xx