* Author Topic: Cryos Denmark part 2  (Read 84094 times)

0 Members

Offline joan1980

• Full Member-10016
modify
Cryos Denmark part 2
« Reply #230 on: 22/11/16, 04:19 »
Congratulations Joan. Was only 17th Nov you said you hadn't yet met any donors to follow that path and now you're pregnant! Quick work! Good luck with the pregnancy. Babies are a true blessing.
Thank you. I didn't find any donors from any websites. But I did find a donor from my previous work. I tried once 3 months ago. I assumed it hadn't worked as I had a few light periods & a negative pregnancy test.

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline gardenlover

• Registered-2
    modify
    Cryos Denmark part 2
    « Reply #231 on: 23/11/16, 13:09 »
    Hi, alittlenervous I had 5 deliveries from Cryos. the first 4 came the day after dispatch. So they'd set off from Cryos say on Wednesday afternoon, go on a night flight, arrive in the UK early morning, and arrive with me before 12 noon Thursday.  The 5th time (the time it worked! Yay!) I was expecting it to arrive on Friday but it missed the flight on Thursday night.  Cue lots of frantic calls and emails from me to Cryos. It got put on a flight on Friday night and I then spent all saturday phoning DHL again and again begging them to get it to me that day, which bless them they did. the depot manager brought it in his car at the end of his shift so it arrived at about 5pm.  I was hugely anxious on that Saturday and that anxiety probably slightly delayed my ovulation making my timing work perfectly. I'm 18 weeks pregnant now.

Offline pollita

• Gold Member-10018
    modify
    Cryos Denmark part 2
    « Reply #232 on: 23/11/16, 13:18 »
    All my deliveries except one arrived the next day. The one that didn't was in December and the courier was overloaded with deliveries so mine was delayed. I don't think I'd bother ordering for December again because of that, would rather skip a month than risk it not arriving when needed

Offline alittlenervous

• Sr. Member-10017
    modify
    Cryos Denmark part 2
    « Reply #233 on: 23/11/16, 15:44 »
    Thank you both,  I'm trying to decide if to give December a miss as if it hasn't worked I'd know 2 days before Christmas as when my period next due so don't want to ruin Christmas.    I think I will start trying in January as long as Cryos open first week of January for shipment as don't want to wait another 2 months!

Huge congratulations gardenlover on your news!!!! That is so exciting  :)   Can I be nosy and asked if you used any different MOT for the 5th go due to the others?   I just can't decide what to go for mot wise and if to use a named donor or number as cheaper x

Offline MissBabs

• Sr. Member-10017
    modify
    Cryos Denmark part 2
    « Reply #234 on: 23/11/16, 21:01 »
    Evening ladies  :)

Alittlenervous - I was wondering the exact same thing about next month, thinking about Xmas post which is a nightmare at the best of times never mind waiting for Vikings at the exact right time!

Gardenlover - your post is really reassuring about Cryos deliveries so thank you for that! We had our first delivery last week, despatched on the Friday & due for Monday delivery but apparently the DHL driver ran out of time so they weren't delivered until the Tuesday  >:(  I wasn't happy I can tell you and wondered whether to request UPS next time, any thoughts?

Currently in 2ww after first ever home insem  ^pray^

How is everyone else doing? Xx

Offline alittlenervous

• Sr. Member-10017
    modify
    Cryos Denmark part 2
    « Reply #235 on: 23/11/16, 21:28 »
    MissBabs, it is quite nervous knowing when to try over Christmas and also not wanting to wait 2 months.  I've emailed Karina at Cryos asking about Christmas opening times etc and will let you know when I hear back but big fingers crossed for you this will be the one and you won't need them again.  Crossing everything for you  ^pray^

Offline MissBabs

• Sr. Member-10017
    modify
    Cryos Denmark part 2
    « Reply #236 on: 23/11/16, 21:58 »
    Alittlenervous - that would be great thank you, I'd need the delivery mid Dec ish so hopefully Xmas closing days etc won't affect us but you never know.

Thanks for the best wishes, I'm not holding my breath tho, we only used Mot5 this time as it was our first ever insem and we treated it as a kind of "trial run" so completely expecting AF at start of Dec. I guess we'll find out next week! Xx

Offline alittlenervous

• Sr. Member-10017
    modify
    Cryos Denmark part 2
    « Reply #237 on: 23/11/16, 23:18 »
    It only takes one good swimmer, everything crossed xx

Offline gardenlover

• Registered-2
    modify
    Cryos Denmark part 2
    « Reply #238 on: 24/11/16, 11:59 »
    Hi alittlenervous, I used MOT10 every time. The fifth time I bought 8 straws and did 4 inseminations.  Part of my problem has been that my cycles are a bit irregular. Not massively but can vary from 27-35 days and the time between getting an OPK smiley face and then getting a temperature rise varies too, from 6 hours to 4 days. So I found it near impossible to fix on one day as being the right day hence I did 4 inseminations each roughly 12 hours apart.

Offline alittlenervous

• Sr. Member-10017
    modify
    Cryos Denmark part 2
    « Reply #239 on: 26/11/16, 21:44 »
    Miss Babs hope everything going ok for you  :)   I heard back from Cryos and they are only closed on the 26th and Saturday and Sundays as usual.   DHL opening times a bit iffy over Xmas and New Year

gardenlover, thank you so much for the advice.    Mine to are a little irregular, nothing big but range from 27 days to around 30/31 lately.     12 hours apart seems the way to go.  Is it from 12 hours you get the surge the first one is done?

Can I ask everyone my cycle was slightly longer this month, day 14 will be either 6th or 7th December as I'm not sure when day one was so the surge will be the Monday or Tuesday.  Lost a small small amount of blood on the 23rd but then not a drop for 18 hours until the 24th when it started properly so I'm thinking that's day one.     As it's a Tuesday/Wednesday I'm unsure what day to order.   Do I order the previous Wednesday which would be this week the 30th November and have it arriving Thursday or Friday and it sat here tormenting me for a week worrying if it's defrosting (I'm getting the 12 day tank) or do I order the Thursday and risk it being stuck in the sorting office over the weekend?    I don't want to order on the 5th December as feel I'll be cutting it close.    No idea when's best and does the sperm really last 12 days lol.  Do they take sperm out of storage and put into your tank same day as shipping?      Sorry for all the questions.   First time insemination nerves kicking in