* Author Topic: Cryos Denmark part 2  (Read 82270 times)

0 Members

Offline [email protected]

modify
Cryos Denmark part 2
« Reply #30 on: 21/07/16, 12:06 »
I'm also hoping to try during August. Having read through the whole cryos thread (took a while!), it seems that doing more insems of lower motility is more successful (although high moy and lots of insems would probably be ideal, but not financially workable for most). There are people who have had success with mot5, but did 3-4 insems over their fertile time. I'm going to order 6 mot10 and do 3 insems, I think.

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Me, Myself and I

• Gold Member
    • Single Mother By Choice
    modify
    Cryos Denmark part 2
    « Reply #31 on: 21/07/16, 12:17 »
    I'm also hoping to try during August. Having read through the whole cryos thread (took a while!), it seems that doing more insems of lower motility is more successful (although high moy and lots of insems would probably be ideal, but not financially workable for most). There are people who have had success with mot5, but did 3-4 insems over their fertile time. I'm going to order 6 mot10 and do 3 insems, I think.
    If you can stretch at all I'd advise a couple more inseminations to cover you fir actual ovulation and to ensure sperm are alive to meet that egg! 😃

Offline Maysun

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    Cryos Denmark part 2
    « Reply #32 on: 21/07/16, 12:20 »
    Many people seem to try with lower MOT, but as many insems as they can afford. AFAIK, the washed only survives for a few hours for AI and unwashed manages 12-24 hours, so it would be really hard to get the timing right. I'm new to this too though, so maybe someone else can advise? I'm going for 6 x MOT 10 over 3 insems, I think.

The washed ones only a few hours?  :-\ Where did you get this information?

I have just reserved 2x 0,5 ml MOT20 washed (since there were no unwashed)....I can find my LH peak but don't know exactly when my ovulation comes....

modify
    Cryos Denmark part 2
    « Reply #33 on: 21/07/16, 14:09 »
    Maysun: The washed sperm is really meant for IUI where the sperm is already a good way there, as it's deposited directly into the uterus. The information I have found says thawed washed sperm may only survive 6-12 hours, so the chances of getting the timing spot on is slim. If you are doing ICI, then unwashed is best as it lives for 12-24 hours. I can't remember where I got that info from though!

MMI: I'd like to try with more insems, but I don't have those funds. I thought about getting mot5 instead, but my fave donor only has mot10 for ICI. I may stretch my 6 straws out by doing a couple of insems with 2 and then 2 singles. I do seem to ovulate within 24h of my +ve opk, which is helpful!

modify
    Cryos Denmark part 2
    « Reply #34 on: 23/07/16, 16:42 »
    Driving myself mad trying to make my mind up about MOT choice and donor! I can do more insems if I choose MOT 5, but it means choosing a donor that it not the good match as my MOT 10 choice. Then I find myself thinking that in reality, it doesn't matter what blood group, hair colour or eye colour the donor is, as any child will be half of me and their own person. I did find an article which said that 2 insems of MOT 5 gives a higher pregnancy % than a single insem of MOT 10 and that using higher than MOT 20 did not significantly increase pregnancy %.

This month my ovulation seems to have been delayed - my app is telling me that I probably ovulated day 20, but my opk AND CB dual were +ve on day 18. If I'd insemed this month I would have missed O day! Yet to have AF, so app may have been wrong, but it's got me worrying even more!

modify
    Cryos Denmark part 2
    « Reply #35 on: 28/07/16, 11:11 »
    Made my order this morning! 8 x MOT5. Shipping on Mon 8th Aug, hopefully to arrive in time for my earliest probably peak day on Thurs 11th Aug. So hoping that OD is earlier rather than later, as I've got my 13yo niece coming to stay on the Friday! Why do these things always happen at once?

Offline Me, Myself and I

• Gold Member
    modify
    Cryos Denmark part 2
    « Reply #36 on: 28/07/16, 16:12 »
    Made my order this morning! 8 x MOT5. Shipping on Mon 8th Aug, hopefully to arrive in time for my earliest probably peak day on Thurs 11th Aug. So hoping that OD is earlier rather than later, as I've got my 13yo niece coming to stay on the Friday! Why do these things always happen at once?

That's always the way lol!

Good luck!

I remember in my week of ov I had loads of important meetings when I wanted to be out the door ASAP to get home again!

Hope the mot 5 works it's wonders for you too!

Offline Me, Myself and I

• Gold Member
    modify
    Cryos Denmark part 2
    « Reply #37 on: 28/07/16, 16:13 »
    Did you go for the longer lasting tank?

modify
    Cryos Denmark part 2
    « Reply #38 on: 28/07/16, 16:32 »
    Fingers crossed! I went for the 7 day tank as that should keep my little swimmers ok til Sunday, which should be plenty. I seem to alternate with my cycles - shorter with OD15, then longer with OD18-20. I've only been fully tracking cycles for 4 months, but the short/long pattern has held for over a year, I just wasn't temping or doing opks.

Offline Me, Myself and I

• Gold Member
    modify
    Cryos Denmark part 2
    « Reply #39 on: 29/07/16, 16:25 »
    Fingers crossed! I went for the 7 day tank as that should keep my little swimmers ok til Sunday, which should be plenty. I seem to alternate with my cycles - shorter with OD15, then longer with OD18-20. I've only been fully tracking cycles for 4 months, but the short/long pattern has held for over a year, I just wasn't temping or doing opks.

Hope the pattern holds!