* Author Topic: Cryos Denmark part 2  (Read 82269 times)

0 Members

Offline [email protected]

modify
Cryos Denmark part 2
« Reply #60 on: 14/08/16, 20:36 »
Hi,
I'm afraid I don't know anything about clomid, but I'm wondering if there is an average time of ovulation after taking it? That might help you with timing insems. Also what MOT have you budgeted for? There are ladies who have conceived using MOT5 and multiple insems (that's how I have tried this month). I wonder if having a couple of practice months on clomid might give you more info to go on before going for it? You might then have bbt changes to show when you have ovulated as well as your other signs?

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Me, Myself and I

• Gold Member
    • Single Mother By Choice
    modify
    Cryos Denmark part 2
    « Reply #61 on: 15/08/16, 11:17 »
    Hiya everyone, new to this thread but been looking into Cryos for a while but having to wait until I get all my fertility tests out the way before I can start trying

I have low progesterone so I am not ovulating. Best result being 19.  I am getting the postive opks and all the signs of ovulation ie the thick mucus etc but not ovulating.  I see gynae this Thursday and will by the looks of it be given Clomid to help ovualtion.    My question is as I am going with donor sperm via Cryos and knowing it has a very short window of usage compared to fresh sperm how do I know when to go?  I know ovulation tests on Clomid aren't reliable and as I only have enough money for 4 goes with Cryos (4 cycles of 4 inseminations) I need to know how to chart it to give myself the best chance before I look into ordering

Thank you for any advice and wishing you all good luck for everyone in that 2ww xx
    No one can give you an exact answer BUT my experience was I ovulated earlier than would have on a typical cycle and had shorter cycles.
    If would ovulate on clomid by day 12-13 so for me the longer lasting tank arriving day ten would work. But be wary that the dose needed to ensure ovulation is not a one size fits all so would be advisable to ensure you are actually ovulating in it before starting to buy sperm.
    When you say you only have enough for four cycles how many vials can you afford per cycle?

Offline alittlenervous

modify
    Cryos Denmark part 2
    « Reply #62 on: 15/08/16, 12:36 »
    Thank you both for your replies, really appreciate it  :)

I see gynae Thursday and gp said it will probably be clomid given as I am getting positive opks and my cycle last 4 months has become regular.  I ovulate day 13/14 (well postive opks) and my period starts day 29/30.   I am on day 14 today and got a strong positive yesterday teatime.

I was going to do a couple of cycles of Clomid and then try inseminiating so maybe Novemeber time.

I have around 800 to spend per cycle on donor sperm so not sure if to blow it on high MOT and do 2 inseminations or several smaller MOT and more inseminations as I know frozen sperm only survives around 24 hours unlike fresh is 72?     That's my other quandry now, less but higher MOT or more but lower MOT

modify
    Cryos Denmark part 2
    « Reply #63 on: 15/08/16, 12:57 »
    I think the dilemma is that you need precision timing with only one or 2 insems, which adds to the anxiety. If you don't get the timing right, it doesn't matter what MOT value you use. I was a wreck last week and I had 8 straws to use and still wasn't sure if I got the timing right (app now says I did, so fingers crossed!). I think I would feel better using MOT10, but I am not well off and I'd be able to have maybe 3 goes using MOT 10, whereas I could try 5-6 times using MOT5.

Offline Me, Myself and I

• Gold Member
    • Single Mother By Choice
    modify
    Cryos Denmark part 2
    « Reply #64 on: 15/08/16, 12:58 »

I see gynae Thursday and gp said it will probably be clomid given as I am getting positive opks and my cycle last 4 months has become regular.  I ovulate day 13/14 (well postive opks) and my period starts day 29/30.   I am on day 14 today and got a strong positive yesterday teatime.

I was going to do a couple of cycles of Clomid and then try inseminiating so maybe Novemeber time.

I have around 800 to spend per cycle on donor sperm so not sure if to blow it on high MOT and do 2 inseminations or several smaller MOT and more inseminations as I know frozen sperm only survives around 24 hours unlike fresh is 72?     That's my other quandry now, less but higher MOT or more but lower MOT

My advice is as many inseminations as possible twelve hours apart with two vials.
    Mot 5 does work! 👍

Offline MissBabs

modify
    Cryos Denmark part 2
    « Reply #65 on: 15/08/16, 13:14 »
    Hello ladies, hope it's okay to jump in and ask a question?

We are intending to buy donor sperm from Cryos in a couple of months for home insem and I'm unsure about whether we should be buying iui ready washed or the unwashed type? Their website says in certain circumstances the iui ready is ok for home insem but doesn't say what those circs are

Also, I don't see a lot of choice for the unwashed type on their site and was wondering whether it'd be ok to buy the iui ready given we're up against it anyway given my age. What does everyone think?

Much luck & babydust to all xxx

modify
    Cryos Denmark part 2
    « Reply #66 on: 15/08/16, 13:18 »
    You need to use unwashed for home insemination. The IUI washed sperm gets put straight into the uterus, so it doesn't have to cope with the harsher conditions in the vagina. I don't know for sure, but I think washed sperm doesn't live as long as unwashed, which means your chances of success are lower.

Offline MissBabs

modify
    Cryos Denmark part 2
    « Reply #67 on: 15/08/16, 16:19 »
    Ahhhh thanks [email protected], I knew there must be a reason. I've just created an account & will search for the unwashed type only. Thanks so much for your reply xx

Offline alittlenervous

modify
    Cryos Denmark part 2
    « Reply #68 on: 15/08/16, 17:05 »
    I think the dilemma is that you need precision timing with only one or 2 insems, which adds to the anxiety. If you don't get the timing right, it doesn't matter what MOT value you use. I was a wreck last week and I had 8 straws to use and still wasn't sure if I got the timing right (app now says I did, so fingers crossed!). I think I would feel better using MOT10, but I am not well off and I'd be able to have maybe 3 goes using MOT 10, whereas I could try 5-6 times using MOT5.

Oh fab thank you!  I know at the moment my cycles are pretty regular but I am not ovulating so I want to do a couple of cycles on clomid, see if I can get some sort of regular ovulation and proof with progesterone levels I am ovulating before starting to try.   I think I'll probably go with the 5/6 MOT5 ones too as seems to work for a lot of people.   Can I just ask does the tank keep the other straws frozen if dipping in and out over a 12/24 hour period?

Wishing you lots of luck hun for that BFP xx

Offline alittlenervous

modify
    Cryos Denmark part 2
    « Reply #69 on: 15/08/16, 17:06 »

My advice is as many inseminations as possible twelve hours apart with two vials.
    Mot 5 does work! 👍

Thank you so much!!!  Really appreciate your advice and I think that's what I'l be doing and saving like mad the next 2 months in the hope I can afford more if needed xx