* Author Topic: Cryos Denmark part 2  (Read 82273 times)

0 Members

Offline Me, Myself and I

• Gold Member
  • Single Mother By Choice
modify
Cryos Denmark part 2
« Reply #70 on: 15/08/16, 17:07 »
You need to use unwashed for home insemination. The IUI washed sperm gets put straight into the uterus, so it doesn't have to cope with the harsher conditions in the vagina. I don't know for sure, but I think washed sperm doesn't live as long as unwashed, which means your chances of success are lower.
As pp said. I've also heard that using iui ready can cause cramps if used for home insemination.
Def used unwashed.

Good luck.

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Me, Myself and I

• Gold Member
    • Single Mother By Choice
    modify
    Cryos Denmark part 2
    « Reply #71 on: 15/08/16, 17:08 »
    I think the dilemma is that you need precision timing with only one or 2 insems, which adds to the anxiety. If you don't get the timing right, it doesn't matter what MOT value you use. I was a wreck last week and I had 8 straws to use and still wasn't sure if I got the timing right (app now says I did, so fingers crossed!). I think I would feel better using MOT10, but I am not well off and I'd be able to have maybe 3 goes using MOT 10, whereas I could try 5-6 times using MOT5.

Oh fab thank you!  I know at the moment my cycles are pretty regular but I am not ovulating so I want to do a couple of cycles on clomid, see if I can get some sort of regular ovulation and proof with progesterone levels I am ovulating before starting to try.   I think I'll probably go with the 5/6 MOT5 ones too as seems to work for a lot of people.   Can I just ask does the tank keep the other straws frozen if dipping in and out over a 12/24 hour period?

Wishing you lots of luck hun for that BFP xx
    Yes as long as you just get what you need and seal again there should be more than enough nitrogen to last!

Offline alittlenervous

modify
    Cryos Denmark part 2
    « Reply #72 on: 15/08/16, 17:54 »
    Thank you so much Me, Myself and I for your help  :)   Really helped me not worry so much x

Offline alittlenervous

modify
    Cryos Denmark part 2
    « Reply #73 on: 15/08/16, 18:07 »
    Another quick question, sorry for all these lol.  When searching sperm do I need to click UK for national legal requirement?    As that leaves me with only 24 donor choices?

Offline MissBabs

modify
    Cryos Denmark part 2
    « Reply #74 on: 15/08/16, 18:12 »
    Thank you me, myself & I, it's really cleared that up for me. I've had another look at the donors and there seem to be enough to choose from with our other characteristics too so that puts my mind at rest.

A little nervous - I may be wrong but I think you only need to worry about the UK standard thing if you're using a clinic. are you going for clinic or home insem? Xx

Offline [email protected]

modify
    Cryos Denmark part 2
    « Reply #75 on: 15/08/16, 18:13 »
    Nope. As far as I know you can ignore that if you are doing home insem. If you were having your swimmers sent to a UK clinic, then you would have to select UK. My swimmers were EU/DK standard and there were no problems.

Offline alittlenervous

modify
    Cryos Denmark part 2
    « Reply #76 on: 15/08/16, 18:14 »
    Thank you Miss Babs, just spotted it on their FAQ section  :)

Wishing you lots of good luck on this journey xx

Offline alittlenervous

modify
    Cryos Denmark part 2
    « Reply #77 on: 15/08/16, 18:15 »
    Nope. As far as I know you can ignore that if you are doing home insem. If you were having your swimmers sent to a UK clinic, then you would have to select UK. My swimmers were EU/DK standard and there were no problems.

Fab, thank you xx

Offline kabuk1

modify
    Cryos Denmark part 2
    « Reply #78 on: 19/08/16, 17:27 »
    This will be out first attempt. Our tank arrived 9 days ago in the large nitrogen tank to ensure we had it ready to go. We finally get to use it tonight! We opted for 2 straws for 2 inseminations. Just be aware that even if you order two straws, you're only given 1 syringe (1ml) for insemination. I guess that is because they recommend using two per insemination. Glad we checked as we needed to order extras.

Offline [email protected]

modify
    Cryos Denmark part 2
    « Reply #79 on: 19/08/16, 18:14 »
    Good luck!