* Author Topic: Cryos Denmark part 2  (Read 82726 times)

0 Members

Offline rottencrown

• Un-Ranked
modify
Cryos Denmark part 2
« Reply #80 on: 19/08/16, 19:27 »
We just did our first insemination. <3

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline MissBabs

modify
    Cryos Denmark part 2
    « Reply #81 on: 19/08/16, 20:32 »
    Good luck rottencrown & kabuk1! Xx  ^pray^ ^pray^

Offline [email protected]

modify
    Cryos Denmark part 2
    « Reply #82 on: 24/08/16, 10:02 »
    AF arrived today :(  Could be a million reasons why it didn't work, so I'm not sure whether to try again with the same strategy (4 x insems with 2 MOT5) or try something different. Money is an issue. I could try 4 x 2 MOT10, but that reduced the number of times I can try by half. I'm using a credit card atm as I'm self employed and there's a sudden lack of work. I feel like I'm high risk gambling, but I'm too old to leave it until some more work comes in. Bloody typical that the work dries up when I need it most!

Wishing baby dust on all you ladies in waiting!

Offline pollita

• Gold Member
    modify
    Cryos Denmark part 2
    « Reply #83 on: 24/08/16, 18:44 »
    Sorry it didn't work. I'd stick to the same strategy. Your ov was earlier than expected and each month there's only ~15% chance it will work anyway - good luck for round 2!

modify
    Cryos Denmark part 2
    « Reply #84 on: 24/08/16, 20:17 »
    Thanks Pollita.

I had a call about some work today, so fingers crossed I may be in a better place financially for my next try. It would be one less thing to worry about.

Offline Me, Myself and I

• Gold Member
    • Single Mother By Choice
    modify
    Cryos Denmark part 2
    « Reply #85 on: 26/08/16, 12:40 »
    Sorry it didn't work this time! But you emotionally and financially need to take the approach of the long game otherwise you will underestimate the hits bfns may take and sadly they're all too common!
    ((Big hugs))
    QA
    I'd do as many inseminations as possible but if were me I'd change donor; I don't know why but am sure some sperm is just not suited to us all!

You've had the gynae checks haven't you?

modify
    Cryos Denmark part 2
    « Reply #86 on: 26/08/16, 19:05 »
    I've not had any gynae checks. Would be sensible to look into it before I waste thousands I suppose!

Offline Me, Myself and I

• Gold Member
    • Single Mother By Choice
    modify
    Cryos Denmark part 2
    « Reply #87 on: 27/08/16, 00:35 »
    I've not had any gynae checks. Would be sensible to look into it before I waste thousands I suppose!

Definitely at minimum bloods and hycosy to check womb and tubes.
    But should be able to get for Jess than 500 -
    NHS would do fur free but waiting times equal delaying ...

modify
    Cryos Denmark part 2
    « Reply #88 on: 27/08/16, 10:24 »
    I think I've decided to get 6 MOT10 for this month (maybe a couple of insems using 2 straws and a couple using one) and if it's bfn, I will then save to have fertility checks before more tries. I don't think I'll get anything from NHS as they like you to try for 6 months first and then there will be all the delays anyway! I'm not able to get out for appointments etc for a while now that I've started a new work contract. I've emailed a CARE clinic near me to ask about prices for the various checks they offer. I have a plan, so that will have to do for now!

Offline kabuk1

modify
    Cryos Denmark part 2
    « Reply #89 on: 27/08/16, 13:14 »
    I don't think I'll get anything from NHS as they like you to try for 6 months first and then there will be all the delays anyway!

I don't know the entire process, but friends of mine had IVF treatment paid by the NHS. I know they had to try 3 IUIs before getting the IVF paid for. She was 37 at the time and all 3 IUIs failed. She then got preg on the 2nd IVF but mc and then when they tried again, she got preg on 2nd IVF and they now have twins. It took them just over a year of ttc to have a successful preg. They went through Guy's in London, which apparently has a referral process, where if you meet certain criteria you can get IVF paid for and there is no waiting list. I don't know how it works or if other fertility clinics offer it.