* Author Topic: Anyone using donor sperm part 77  (Read 102003 times)

0 Members

Offline Josina

modify
Anyone using donor sperm part 77
« Reply #130 on: 18/05/16, 20:45 »
Thanks for the welcome back.

Beatti, I had a lot of blood tests done, for ovulation and thyroid and amh etc then the procedure to check tubes which I thought was standard as a first test. I would really insist on one if I was you

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Godiva

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #131 on: 18/05/16, 21:24 »
    Babyplease: glad your bleeding seems to have stopped for now! You must be a bit less worried now... TBH I have not been too worried about chromosomal problems, but as 2 gynaes siad in my situation it might not be a bad idea, I decided to get the test.

Sapphire: you must be looking forward to your next scan too!

Beattie: my UK clinic needed recent blood works, including AMH, hormones, thyroid, check of vit D (as first bloods showed extremely low values of vit D, so I took supplements), and of course infectious diseases. I also had an US on intake, where they checked my folicles. In Belgium I had already had a HyCoSy (standard before IUI's there), which showed there might be a problem and showed a polyp in uterus. Hysteroscopy confirmed polyp, so they decided to remove it under GA, and at the same time check tubes during a laparoscopy (which turned out to be fine after all). Don't know if UK clinic checks tubes on everybody prior to IUI.

Josina: fingers crossed for your new attempt!

Offline Babybplease

modify
    « Reply #132 on: 20/05/16, 16:15 »
    Beattie- if your tubes haven't been checked for a blockage don't do another IUI until they do that is like the number 1 test that should be done. Cause if your tubes are blocked than what's the point? Also so so so many women actually get a clearly out from the test sort of removes build up so to speak and they end up pregnant following the test happens all the time in the boards and in my RL with two friends. So could up your odds to have the test done too.

Josina- Best of luck on your sibling journey!

Saph- it's so cool you're gonna love it!

Godiva- peace of mind is never a bad thing ;)

Scan went great! Placenta has already cleared my cervix so one less thing I need to worry about and means we can come over to Engalnd to visit DF's family hopefully! She will check me again just in case right before the trip. As for the baby he seems to be perfect. She paid extra attention to his heart cause he's IVF and my age and all is good there. She did a vaginal ultrasound too to check the placenta and cause of my bleeding and looks good but there is a very small hematoma still but very small. So I could still spot and it's not as good as having no hematoma but I'm starting to feel a little more confident we can make it to term. Been two weeks no spotting so I can return to some activities but we will avoid sex still. Too risky.

Offline Sapphire952

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #133 on: 20/05/16, 17:26 »
    Great news Babyplease :) so pleased it went well! Mine is in 2 weeks - nervous!

Offline CanadianAmanda

modify
    « Reply #134 on: 21/05/16, 05:49 »
    BabyB and Sapphire - how many weeks are each of you now?

Offline MrsE1982

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #135 on: 23/05/16, 10:24 »
    Glad all went well Baby at your scan!

Beattie - it sounds as if you might have to ask a bit more about further tests for peace of mind if nothing else. I know some clinics don't check your tubes before IUI unless there is a reason to, (i.e. you have had an infection) but this doesn't help you I know! Maybe ask if theres anything you can pay for privately before you use any of your further NHS funding.

I have sent my complaint letter off to anyone I think will listen about our IVF/ICSI case being referred to a panel and therefore IUI funding being frozen. And I have had a response from my MP. She has written to the Chief Exec of the CCG asking for an explanation on my case.....I can't believe that within a day or 2 an email has been sent from Westminster on my behalf. The MP had clearly read my letter, as I wasn't complaining about the 'postcode lottery' I was complaining about - I was complaining about being stuck between 2 conflicting policies that don't make sense.

I can't have any more IUI as doc says it wont work, I can have IVF/ICSI yet as I haven't had 6 IUIs!!!!

Offline K jade

• Gold Member
    • Infertility veteran since 2011! BFN princess :)
    modify
    « Reply #136 on: 23/05/16, 12:13 »
    Aw mrs e good on you for complaining. And Iím glad the MP gave you a swift response. At least there are some people out there who care.
    Iím sure itíll be sorted in no time
    But I really enrages me that they throw these obstacles at us. Donít they realise how traumatic and stressful treatment is? What am I on about of course not
    I can see why people just go private as of course if your paying for something you get a top quality service.
    However we are paying for this through all our years of tax!!
    I expect we will end up cycling together again due to these mess ups.. And letís hope we get a blxxdy BFP together too!!!

Beattie I defiantly get your tubes checked before next IUI.
    Also ask for your Iron ferritin and vitamin D to be done too. GP will do these. My iron was extremely low at 11! Apparently this can affect implantation although there doesnít seem to be solid evidence about this but I take 2x ferritin tablets a day anyway. I take vit D tablets as well even though my levels werenít tested as in UK most people have low vit D.
    How is your thyroid? Has your tsh come down ?
    Its so easy to get disheartened with all this, but you CAN do it!
    Also I think we forget with IUI its only about 10% more chance than natural conception. so really can take many attempts and it doesnít necessarily mean there is any problem. But I know that doesnít help every time u get a bfn.

Baby great news! Have u had anymore responses to your social media post?

Saph glad things are going well. R u going to find out the gender?

Josina any news?

Amanda good luck and hope this is your time

Afm just got back from holiday with DP and furbaby. Not much going on on the tcc front as still waiting for the magic call to say that DS has arrived. Iím really annoyed as Iím 32 in 4 months and I know this isnít old , but I do feel cheated that I did all the right things by starting ttc at a young age. Oh well. Just gotta keep busy I guess.
    xxxKxxx

Offline K jade

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #137 on: 24/05/16, 10:42 »
    beattie I know. some clinics are so naÔve in thinking that because you have a partner with severe male IF then you cant possibly have issues too
    infertile people aren't like magnets. we don't repel one another!!!

do you have a sympathetic GP? I would make a routine appointment and ask for some routine checks for vit deficiencies .
    adding progesterone next time is defiantly a good idea. my clinic do that regardless.
    xx

Offline MrsE1982

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #138 on: 24/05/16, 11:21 »
    Its just one big battle aint it?!

Beattie hope you get there - I found that IUI was treated a bit less important than IVF (I know I haven't started it yet - but thats the impression I get) You have to remind yourself that actually the clinics wants success too!

KJade - yes we will prob end up cycling together at this rate!

I heard back from the Effective Use of Resources department yesterday - as I'd written asking a few questions. Apparently there is no guarantee my case will be heard in June - as you never know there maybe someone wanting a boob job on the NHS that will have a higher clinical priority!!

Offline K jade

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #139 on: 24/05/16, 11:36 »
    I heard back from the Effective Use of Resources department yesterday - as I'd written asking a few questions. Apparently there is no guarantee my case will be heard in June - as you never know there maybe someone wanting a boob job on the NHS that will have a higher clinical priority!!

OMG MrsE that's just ridiculous.  >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(
    no no no that's just not acceptable.
    I would cite the emotional impact this is having on you in terms of stress/ depression/ anxiety/ insomnia etc.
    I would even go as far as actually making an appointment with you GP and saying that the stress of this is making you ill , and insisting you now need medication  to cope. which they are unlikely to prescribe you whilst you are ttc and therefore may be the incentive for your GP to get on the case and insist this is priority.
    I have considered doing that myself tbh..