* Author Topic: Anyone using donor sperm part 77  (Read 102014 times)

0 Members

Offline Godiva

• Gold Member
modify
Anyone using donor sperm part 77
« Reply #150 on: 29/05/16, 17:33 »
Louise: Check with NHS about funding before you start! I believe they sometimes only fund in NHS clinics, but some people seem to be able to transfer to certain private clinics under NHS. Might mean a bit longer wait, but could save a lot of money.
Dr coming back on what he said about it being on NHS is really frustrating, can understand your anger, especially if it was an emergency for serious side effects. Same for results FNA: you should get something either in e-mail or through post...
Oh, and you would stop smiling if you actually heard DH singing  ;). Well, okay, he is not such a great talent in that area, but it is really cute, so I do not care.

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline CanadianAmanda

modify
    « Reply #151 on: 29/05/16, 18:58 »
    Louise that is so disappointing about the additional charge :( I am glad to hear your family has been very supportive - I agree that it is very reassuring to have their support!

Godiva - thanks for your reply :) and that is hilarious about your DH's lullabies, so adorable!

My EC was yesterday. It went smoothly. I had 10+3 and 8+4 follicles, but ended up only having 14 eggs. Of the 14, I had 11 mature eggs, of which 8 have fertilized. I will find out tomorrow whether the plan is to do a day 3 or day 5 transfer.

So far, I have had no OHSS symptoms... I only needed 1 regular Tylenol yesterday and today have tenderness, but nothing significant. As well my swelling has gone down a bit today. So fingers crossed that my ultrasound shows no fluid on Tuesday.

Offline Godiva

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #152 on: 29/05/16, 23:28 »
    Sounds good, Amanada. Just under the limit of 15 eggs, so chances are they will allow you to do a fresh cycle. 8 eggs fertilised most clinics would want to risk going to day 5 (my clinic did so for 7, and did not check between day 1 and 5, they preferred to let the embryo's grow in peace). Fingers crossed!

Offline CanadianAmanda

modify
    « Reply #153 on: 30/05/16, 23:41 »
    Thanks Hannah,

They called to say I have 4 excellent day 2 embryos, 2 good ones and 2 "so-so" ones. It sounds like transfer will be Thursday, but they will let me know tomorrow. How many blasts did you have after 7 embryos Godiva? I am nervous about them all dying by day 5!

Offline Sapphire952

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #154 on: 31/05/16, 07:59 »
    Hi Amanda,  pleased your EC went well and your numbers are still holding up.  On my last cycle I think I had 11 collected, 9 were mature, 6 fertilised and the majority (5) made it to blast - so your chances are good. I also had a few for the freezer so will keep my fingers crossed for you.

Offline K jade

• Gold Member
    • Infertility veteran since 2011! BFN princess :)
    modify
    « Reply #155 on: 31/05/16, 12:31 »
    Hi Louise , that does sound like a bit of a poor service from mr R's office >:(
    And u shud have had consultation by now to fully discuss the findings.
    TBH I wouldn't pay the 200 , just leave it as you'll not be going back there I assume.. We never persued treatement with mr R as my DP didn't like him and thought he was all in it for the money. But I know on the other thread people rave about him and he does get results I guess.
    That's great your family are supportive, I know what mean. They are only words but it does mean a lot and makes u feel less alone. I'd check with cgc exactly what u are funded for. Give them a call maybe. Some do 6 IUI and 1 IVF. Mine does 3 IUI and 2 IVF.( Great except it seems to be taking a million years to work through it! )

Amanda they sound like great results !  I hope u get some good Frosties too.

Hope everyone else is ok

AFM I really am getting very fed up with things.itll still be another 6 weeks before I can cycle and I'm still so angry and annoyed at my clinic right now. I'm also feeling very sluggish, have zero enthusiasm for anything, and seem to always be feeling utterly bored. I cannot do things like go out or go to festivals like my friends as what's the point when i don't drink.
    Getting up, doing chores, going to work all feel like a massive effort. Feel like life is at standstill and has been for years. Where's everyone else's seems to move on at the rate of knots. All the positive thinking, be grateful for what u have etc , makes no difference whatsoever to my mood.
    I'm in 2 minds to go GP and see if I can go back on anti depressants , (been on and off them for years) but I doubt they'll prescribe them given the TTC situation. But I do feel like I should try and do something ...
    I know there's counselling but I don't even feel motivated enough to refer myself for That!

Offline Godiva

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #156 on: 31/05/16, 15:04 »
    Amanda: I had 10 eggs, 7 fertilised, 3 blasts at 5 days. 2 definitely did not make it to day 5, 2 they had some hopes might do okay after another day for freezing, but did not make it either in the end. It does feel a bit like "ten green bottles hanging on the wall", but on the other hand I might not actually need more than those 3 blasts. First one is doing well at the moment, 2 others in freezer.

KJade: I know how you feel, everything is on a stand still until you can get your treatment. On the other hand, if you know it will not be the first 6 weeks you might make the best of that "time off". I know how hard it can be to motivate yourself, and I can imagine why you would want some antidepressants, but I'm not sure they are best for you at the moment. Do try to get out. Weather in Edinburgh today is wonderful, not sure how it is where you live; and sunshine can influence your mood tremendously. And why not go to a festival sometime these coming weeks, have some fun. Getting plastered is perhaps not a good idea, but I am sure a couple of drinks should be okay - the up-side of not being pregnant. Getting a referral for some counselling would also be a very good idea given the situation. I hope you can find enough courage to ask for it  ^hugme^ .

Offline CanadianAmanda

modify
    « Reply #157 on: 1/06/16, 18:38 »
    KJade, my heart goes out to you... I know when in it - 6 weeks feels like a very long time. This past November/December we had a long stretch of waiting as well, and I found myself in the same slump - becoming reclusive, not wanting to go to Christmas festivities, and avoiding people, including my family. You aren't alone, I hope you know that. My DH cancelled a big celebration he planned for my birthday and instead him and I went away (alone) to the mountains. We are delicious food, went snowboarding and hiking. It was hard to motivate myself to go, but it really helped us reconnect, and get myself going again. I am not sure what your interests are, but maybe you and DH could escape for a quick, romantic weekend away. Counselling is such a good idea too, as the others have recommended. I love our counsellor. Keep us updated how you are doing.

Beattie - yeesh, 12 weeks is also painful!! I hope you have lots of fun summer plans to keep you busy this summer :)

Thanks everyone for letting me know how your embryos were, it made me feel better knowing "losing some" is normal. Our 5 day transfer is tomorrow, so I should know more about my "baby"-collection tomorrow.

Xo

Offline Godiva

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #158 on: 2/06/16, 09:33 »
    Good luck Amanda, keep us posted... (My embryo's were in the incubator over mother's day in UK - It felt strange I was finally "mother" to 7 (potential) cell groups in the cellar of a clinic.

Offline K jade

• Gold Member
    • Infertility veteran since 2011! BFN princess :)
    modify
    « Reply #159 on: 2/06/16, 11:32 »
    thanks ladies so much for your kind advice
    its so hard to explain to ordinary people how infert. makes  you feel. people who haven't experienced anything like this just don't get it. no matter how hard they try.
     to be honest myself and DH have been away 2 weeks ago. we went to west wales  and it was really lovely. swam in the sea, took the doggie out over the hills, ate nice food etc. I also saw my friend in London on the weekend and we spent the day in Hyde park.  I do feel a bit ungrateful really as I have been having the opportunity to do nice things.
    I think I will be better once I am back on treatment. this big gap has just made me feel so impotent, as at least when your injecting/ 2ww'ing, you are doing something about the situation.

Beattie sorry to hear your are facing another gap too , i really hope the next go is a success for you

Amanda good luck for transfer , (today?)

xx