* Author Topic: Anyone using donor sperm part 77  (Read 105120 times)

0 Members

Offline MrsE1982

• Gold Member-10018
modify
Anyone using donor sperm part 77
« Reply #270 on: 16/07/16, 13:08 »
Hawaii - OMG I would kill to be there right now!

Beattie for mine they gave me results there and then. As he was doing it (quite a chatty doc!) Glad you have a plan!

All is forgiven for DH - he got up early today to come with me to clinic even though I said he didn't need to and he's on a night shift. Good job too....I am booked in for egg collection on Tuesday. Cant remember how many follicles but some good ones getting to the right size. Lining is at 15mm which is the thickest its ever been. And every nurse I saw today said that I was going really well.....so clinging onto that! Just waiting for the phone call to tell me when to do trigger injection tomorrow.

Trying to keep the stress levels down....not easy, my little brother (he is 30!) is a gambling addict and has managed to fritter away his last penny and can't pay his rent and my parents are on holiday........if I wasn't doing IVF i would have driven down to London and told him to pack his bags and took him back to my Mum and Dads to do live......but I have had to pay his rent (directly to his landlord) and send him a Tesco voucher for some food....He was in recovery but when I pressed him on why he'd relapsed apparently he'd got his GF pregnant and had to have a termination - cos neither of them are in a position to raise a kid.....I have been surprisingly cool about it....My brother does know that we can't have kids ourselves but he doesn't know that his crisis occurred right in the middle of our cycle.

I've had to force him to give notice at his house and job and move back to my parents.....he is cheaper for us unemployed there than employed in London....as we can't keep him from getting sucked back into this terrible illness.....anyway I have temporarily saved him from homelessness and also kept my sanity at the unfairness of life so I think a pat on the back is needed.....if I wasn't cycling a great big glass of vino!!!

Kjade - you watch we'll be in 2ww together again! Yes the hycosy is the tube check and the hyseteroscopy is where they stick a camera up there and have a look around. Thats when I had a polyp removed back in April - as they can do that at the same time as a hysteresocopy - usually.

Wishing you all a lovely weekend - hopefully the weather is going to perk up a bit for the next few days....I'm fed up of rain!

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline louise48910

• Sr. Member-10017
    modify
    « Reply #271 on: 17/07/16, 22:35 »
    Evening all. Hope you're enjoying the lovely weather!

Amanda - glad to hear your scan went well. Amazing to hear the heartbeat. Hawaii, amazing. x

MrsE - Yay for AF!!!! Not yay for it making her presence known so violently. OMG your MIL is a one off! Hope all is well, good luck for Tuesday! Glad there is no WW3, not the right time for any of that!

Kjade - Sorry to hear things have been difficult but glad to hear you're feeling better. A week off can do wonders. It's not a bad idea to take some time off though if you need it. I've only ever let myself do that once and by god I'm glad I did. Work was still there when I got back. Glad to hear you're starting your meds. Hope it all goes smoothly.

holmenkoll2014 - Hello. It might be an idea for you to go to the non obstructive azoospermia thread, lots of women on there have partners/husbands who are perusing ICSI. As for getting our heads round the donor sperm route, my partner first raised his preference for that (over adoption) after our first appointment. That was before the extensive testing and attempted sperm retrieval. Like Beattie, until we knew that there was no chance for us to use his sperm I was probably not able to truly consider using donor sperm.

AFM we went to our appointment on Thursday. Clinic had staff sickness so we saw a different Consultant (didn't matter, we'd not met any of them at that point). She was so lovely and despite obviously running late and having loads of patients to see gave us lots of time. Much more informative and personable than the local clinic. She said pretty much what you mentioned Kjade - the amount of people affected, most people just don't talk about it. She said the numbers of people using donor are so much higher than anyone realises.

We also signed our consent forms - woo! Have to book in for an ultrasound and HSG. Really annoying as I've just finished my AF so it's a bit short notice for getting them booked in in-between work. Have managed to get the ultrasound one but it's on a day I'm on duty - can only attend if a kind colleague is willing to swap one of their duty days for mine. The department the HSG is booked through hadn't received my notes when I rang so gotta call them tomorrow and see if there's a chance I can get it in this month. Otherwise it'll be August. Doctor also suggested counselling. She said it's not a requirement but she would encourage anyone to do it. My partner's up for it just to see how it goes which I didn't think he'd agree to so easily.

Anyways, plan is for those scans then have another outpatient appointment to make some plans for treatment. Doctor said it would be unmedicated IUI cycles (she wasn't sure if 3 or 4 as their policies are under review) if my scan results are good then full on IVF (one cycle funded) if those attempts fail. One thing though - the sperm. The is apparently no waiting list for it at our clinic but its not a huge bank so need to find out what the profiles of the donors are like. The consultant suggested emailing the embryologist to find out.. not sure if that's usual or if it was because she was seeing 2 doctors worth of patients on that day and needed to crack on! Not totally keen on sperm from a 5 foot black or ginger haired chappy as we're both quite tall and fair! But we'll think about that anyways.

Offline K jade

• Gold Member-10018
    • Infertility veteran since 2011! BFN princess :)
    modify
    « Reply #272 on: 18/07/16, 11:29 »
    Just a quick as on my phone. Will do proper post when I get into office But
    Just had day 5 scan
    On very low dose of menopur and supercour
    One ovary 2 great follies and more smaller ones beginning to stir
    Second ovary totally asleep. No littlies, nothing
    Anyone know if this is normal...?
    Nurses didn't seem to be concerned
    IUI scheduled for fri..

can anyone shed any light. I seem to have 1 great  responding ovary and one p*ss poor one  ???
    or would that be expected on such a low  dose of stims (0.3 supercour and half a vial of menopur)

louise I know how stressful it can be trying to manage appointments and treatments when you do this type of work.
    you just have to put your foot down
    yes for annual leave  you have to try and arrange cover , but for medical stuff , really its not your problem. your manager  just has to sort it. that's why they are paid a lot more.
    the perks of being in this type of job are you are  very protected when it comes to sickness/ medical commitments. I know how you feel though. my IUI is down for Friday and guess what, booking the day off is going to be difficult as we are very short staffed.
    but i'm taking it regardless. I don't want to compromise , give the whole 'maybe I can come in for the afternoon etc' as I don't feel I owe my job any favours, and this is my priority.
    great to hear your DP is on board.

oh MrsE you little bro sounds very chaotic. you poor thing. its so unfair isn't it when you know you can offer a child a stable loving home, yet of course it doesn't happen for us, it just happens to those in the least ideal situations.
    my (older) siblings also lead chaotic lives. both have had children/ accidental pregnancies.
    not me though. the one with the mortgage stable relationship and background working with children  >:( >:(

Offline MrsE1982

• Gold Member-10018
    modify
    « Reply #273 on: 18/07/16, 13:07 »
    Kjade - wow thats come along quickly - Friday for IUI. I wouldn't worry about the ovary thing. You have 2 follicles on one and thats the idea isn't it. They don't want more or they'd cancel an IUI? (Mine would anyway) I just read that it a follicle has to be 7-8mm before it can be seen on a scan anyway so maybe your sleepy one is just not responding as well to the drugs, because your other one is doing it? Trust the clinic in what they say - I know your admin has been a nightmare but clinically they know what they are doing.

Yes - brother is in chaos...and its just typical he has to be sorted out when I've got other stuff going on.

Louise glad to hear you are moving things along.

AFM - now v uncomfortable. Did trigger shot last night without much hassle...am used to it now! But had a terrible nights sleep. Even my relaxation CD thingy didn't get me off. I gave up at 1am and went to the spare room as poor DH was up at 5.30. Just trying to do a bit of work before Egg Collection tomorrow and trying to find all of the positive stories that google has to offer.....!

Considering buying one baby thing for when I'm in the 2WW for some PMA....does that make me a total loon?!

Offline Sapphire952

• Gold Member-10018
    modify
    « Reply #274 on: 18/07/16, 19:11 »
    MrsE - best of luck tomorrow hun xx

KJade - glad your body is responding well.  Great that you've had that reaction on such a low dose, bodes well if you ever need IVF (which you won't).  One of my ovaries is definitely more reactive than the other.  Think it's fairly normal. 

Thinking of you all as you move ever forward - hoping for some BFPs soon xxx

Offline holmenkoll2014

• Registered-2
    modify
    « Reply #275 on: 19/07/16, 10:15 »
    Hello louise48910

My husband produce sperm, the sperm goes to the bladder because of surgery in the prostate (retrograde ejaculation) We do not understand then why it has been used tese/tesa in my husband, specially when they could have done sperm bladder harvest, or PVSA, MVSA. TESE do not retrieve the best sperm, its the least mature sperm or fertilizable sperm, very low motility and the less bankable. 5-10% egg fertilization rate.

I am not giving up my DHs sperm, I have already plan A, B and C  ;)

Offline MrsE1982

• Gold Member-10018
    modify
    « Reply #276 on: 19/07/16, 14:19 »
    Quick update from me. Egg collection went well and we got 15!! So I am pleased.

Just a relax in the sun now and count down to tomorrow when we see how many were mature and how many fertilised. Clinic is going to try to get us to blastocyst transfer though so am pleased all in all.

Bit sore but nothing that chocolate and sunshine can't cure!

Offline K jade

• Gold Member-10018
    modify
    « Reply #277 on: 19/07/16, 15:12 »
    ooooo MrseE  ^clapping^
    I do believe that 15 is the magic number too!
    great they are taking them to blasts  :)

thanks Saph. that has put my mind at rest . I feel better knowing that I had a good result on IUI meds alone.  :)

holmenkoll sorry I cant be of much help.my DP had zero sperm so decision was made for us. 
    I also thought that ICSI overcame most sperm issues but I believe there is conflicting evidence about quality of sperm mattering or not mattering. I think most ladies on here are using DS cause their DPs have no sperm, but I do know of ladies who also use DS because their dps sperm is of poor quality too.
    best of luck whatever you decide.

question I STILL haven't booked that massage I so wanted. do you think its OK to do it in 2ww, or not advisable. was only going to have neck and shoulder one... is it ok to do in 2ww or not really ... ???

Offline MrsE1982

• Gold Member-10018
    modify
    « Reply #278 on: 20/07/16, 09:50 »
    Kjade - what does the clinic say about massage? I wouldn't buy then im not a massagey sort of person!!!

Clinic called and out of 15 eggs 13 were mature and 7 have fertilised normally. I was a bit disappointed originally but the embryologist was lovely and told me that it was totally normal and she was pleased etc etc! Still aiming for Saturday transfer.

I feel rough today my ovaries are feeling bruised and I am going to the loo all of the time! Resting up today to recover as best I can. Want to be in tip top condition to take the embryos back on the weekend!!

Offline K jade

• Gold Member-10018
    modify
    « Reply #279 on: 20/07/16, 13:08 »
    still sounds great MrsE. if they all make it you'll hopefully have a few frosties too  :)
    do you think you'll go for a double transfer?
    yup 2ww together again. 1 of us has gotta get our  ^BFP^ ;D

well had 2nd scan at clinic. I have 3 follies (although one is borderline big enough)! and a great lining apparently.
    lets hope one of them plays ball!