* Author Topic: Anyone using donor sperm part 77  (Read 105129 times)

0 Members

Offline MrsE1982

• Gold Member-10018
modify
Anyone using donor sperm part 77
« Reply #280 on: 20/07/16, 13:31 »
I'll only have double transfer if there are only 2 and neither of them will survive freezing
- that's the only way clinic will do it. I don't want twins either!!!!

Glad all going well!

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Sapphire952

• Gold Member-10018
    modify
    « Reply #281 on: 20/07/16, 19:51 »
    Great news MesE - I had similar drop off rates.  7 is a great number to start off with, hopefully you'll get lots of  good quality blasts!!

KJade - fx for you Hun xx

Offline MrsE1982

• Gold Member-10018
    modify
    « Reply #282 on: 21/07/16, 11:05 »
    After an agonising wait for the phone call this morning - they called

We are back up to 8 embryos! 1 that only had 1 nucleus has now got 2 and is just a little slow coach. So this is the story so far

2-6 cells expected at this stage. Quality range 1-4 (1 being best)

4 @ 4 cell [email protected] 1 quality and 3 @1-2
    [email protected] 2 cells both quality 1-2
    [email protected] 3 cells  - quality 2-3 a bit more fragmented
    [email protected] 2 cells the new one bit early to see quality yet it might just be a slow fertiliser

I am pleased that things are looking positive and my newly found PMA is probably something to do with no longer being in pain from swollen ovaries. I'm just a bit podgy now!! Back at work and counting down the days till I get one of these guys on board on Saturday. Started my progesterone pessaries this morning...I hear fun things about these!

Thanks for all your support....DH is doing his best - but seriously if he tells me to 'stop panicking' once more I will chop his balls off.....!

Kjade - what time is your IUI tomorrow - thinking of you!

Offline Godiva

• Gold Member-10018
    modify
    « Reply #283 on: 21/07/16, 12:06 »
    been off line for some time.

MrsE: so glad for you. I ended up with 7 fertilised eggs too after EC, but did not get any updates after that till day 5 (clinic preferred just to leave the embryo's alone and develop without disturbance). Fingers crossed for transfer, but I think you should be able to get some frosties! Sorry to hear about your brothers problems though, although perhaps it is a good thing it happens now and not a couple of months ago when you might have had more problems with the termination while frustrated at your own "lack of movement" on treatment side.

KJade: I would not be too worried about "different" ovaries. In fact, to our body there is only 1 "ovary", even though it is split over two different locations. Both are influenced by hormones, whether these are produced by our pituary gland, follicles, or injected. whether 2 follicles are on 1 or 2 ovaries does not make a difference in hormone levels etc. Even if in multiple cycles there appears to be the same ovary producing and the other is not doing much, it should not matter all that much on the fertility side as long as levels of hormones like AMH are within normal limits (so no signs of (premature) menopause).

Offline K jade

• Gold Member-10018
    • Infertility veteran since 2011! BFN princess :)
    modify
    « Reply #284 on: 21/07/16, 12:47 »
    That's great mrsE!!! Sounds very promising. Bet u can't wait to get them on board

Godiva my amh levels are very poor, which has always been my concern. Although clinic say I'm normal and not to take much notice of them
    But I'm taking it as a positive I've got 3 follies, hopefully I'll get lucky xx

Offline MrsE1982

• Gold Member-10018
    modify
    « Reply #285 on: 22/07/16, 09:30 »
    Thinking of you today Kjade - hope you can relax in the sun after your IUI

Clinic just called - ET booked in for tomorrow afternoon - they didn't give me an update on my 8 embryos as its a critical stage right now, so we wait and see for tomorrow! So excited!!!

Big hugs to the rest of you!

Offline K jade

• Gold Member-10018
    • Infertility veteran since 2011! BFN princess :)
    modify
    « Reply #286 on: 22/07/16, 12:52 »
    All done now. Nurses were great
    There's a 40 minute wait in pharmacy for my cyclogest so just sat in hospital gardens with my back against a tree trying not to look too conspicuous!!
    That's great your embie number is now 8!

Make sure your drinking lots of water as rizwanna says. Get that lining nice and plump like a comfy bed!!  ;D

Offline MrsE1982

• Gold Member-10018
    modify
    « Reply #287 on: 22/07/16, 13:05 »
    Haha good old rizwana - I don't remember what she said cos I keep falling asleep with it on! Even during the day!

Offline CanadianAmanda

• Sr. Member-10017
    modify
    « Reply #288 on: 24/07/16, 08:38 »
    Aloha girls!!! I am just waiting at the airport to leave paradise... It has been such a romantic and relaxing trip away :) although I am happy to see my dog and sleep in my own bed again.

There has been so much to catch up on, I am sorry in advance for missing anyone!!

Godiva - good to hear from you!! Where are you at now?

MrsE - my goodness, SO much has happened in your life since I logged on last ( 8 days ago!!). Those numbers sound awesome to me. Did you have your transfer today? I hope you are recovering well. I looked pregnant after my egg collection for a couple weeks. It I amazing how those swollen ovaries will bloat you right up!

KJade - I have read that it is very normal to have a more dominant ovary. That is great that, even with a low AMH, you respond so well to low dose stimulation. Congrats on being in the TWW, I  sooooo hoping you and MrsE have great news for us in a couple weeks!

Louise - it sounds like your treatment process is moving along well :) glad to read that!

Hello Hannah, Saph and Beattie! How have each of you been??

AFM - I am 10 weeks today :) I have my next ultrasound August 4. I have ordered a handheld Doppler, so I will give it a try when I return home and let you girls know how it works. Xo

Offline MrsE1982

• Gold Member-10018
    modify
    « Reply #289 on: 24/07/16, 12:57 »
    I now am officially PUPO.

1 top quality blastocyst on board and 3 in the freezer. Another couple being cultured till tomorrow to see if they make the grade too.

Was a really relaxing experience the transfer, everyone was lovely and the embryologist took the time to explain everything and showed us the embryo on the screen and gave us a photo. They had me up and out quite quickly and I even felt like I wanted to go and meet some friends in the afternoon that we had had planned. We drove so my walking was limited and I just sat quietly enjoying the sunshine!

OTD is 4th August - so NOT 2 weeks away (same day as your scan Amanda) so am now trying to keep everything positive for then. Minor cramps and a dull ache at the moment, but nothing much to report.

My new mantra is 'I've a higher chance of being pregnant than not'

Hope all ok with you Kjade?