* Author Topic: Anyone using donor sperm part 77  (Read 105020 times)

0 Members

Offline [email protected]

• Sr. Member-10017
modify
Anyone using donor sperm part 77
« Reply #290 on: 24/07/16, 13:21 »
Wishing you all the best Mrs E  ^pray^

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline CanadianAmanda

• Sr. Member-10017
    modify
    « Reply #291 on: 24/07/16, 16:14 »
    MrsE - congratulations on being post-transfer AND having little frosties!! I think that is a really look way to look at it. I will be thinking of you and praying August 4 is a great day for both of us! Will you test early?

Offline Sapphire952

• Gold Member-10018
    modify
    « Reply #292 on: 24/07/16, 18:08 »
    MrsE - woohoo! Great news.  Keeping fx for you! Well done on three frosties too :)

Offline louise48910

• Sr. Member-10017
    modify
    « Reply #293 on: 24/07/16, 23:25 »
    Mrs E - yippee! So pleased to hear you had a good experience.
    KJade - great news. Back against a tree? Is that a tried and tested intervention? *must find decent tree when i go for scan*
    Fingers tightly crossed for two  ^BFP^
    err... who is this Rizwana you speak of? She sounds like a dream.

Amanda - Aloha! Sounds like you had a lovely time away :) 10 weeks, where did that time go? Fantastic to hear things are going well. Thanks, things moving along now.

Hannah - how are things with you? You've got an appointment this week, right?

AFM no news, got ultrasound this week. Managed to sort it with work without going into detail. Spoke to a male colleague, muttered something about 'time in the month'.. he didn't ask questions  ;D HSG won't be til next month as it was around day 5/6 of my cycle when we were asked to ring and book it and no appointments. Bit of a bugger as we'll be away when I'm due on next month. Fingers crossed I'm a couple of days late!

Offline TrionaT

• Gold Member-10018
    modify
    « Reply #294 on: 25/07/16, 00:28 »
    Hi girls,
    CanadianAmanda congrats on 10wks thats amazing!
    Hope you had a nice time in Hawaii..what island did
    You go to?i went to oahu thought it was amazing!

KJade to get back to your q...i did a lot of immunes
    Testing i did uterine scratch test in Coventry also
    But all came back fine though i still took steroids
    Till 17wks and heparin and did intralipids just incase with my succesful cycle...still have no.reason for all
    The miscarriages its a mystery but if i was going again id take all those things again.they didnt harm the babies thank god they r fine

MrsE fingers crossed.for youxxx

Offline MrsE1982

• Gold Member-10018
    modify
    « Reply #295 on: 25/07/16, 09:05 »
    Louise - Rizwana Patterson - its a hypnosis/relaxation CD that Kjade recommended for ivf. Its a bit weird when you first listen to it - she talks about 'loving your ovaries' and 'filling your uterus with positive colours' but actually it does stop the mind whir for 20 minutes before you go to sleep. I've fallen asleep to it a number of times. It was only a tenner off amazon so worth a try!

Beattie - hopefully decision will come soon on what you want to do.

Hannah - that sounds like your clinic are going to stop messing around now and get your sorted.- brilliant.

AFM - nothing much to update. Progesterone giving me v bad wind (sorry TMI) which is causing much hilarity for DH....42 going on 4 that one! A bit of crampiness but then again that might be progesterone. Waiting for my boobs to grow....as a lifelong small boober this is one i can't wait for!!!

Offline K jade

• Gold Member-10018
    • Infertility veteran since 2011! BFN princess :)
    modify
    « Reply #296 on: 25/07/16, 13:12 »
    Hi all
    Well my OTD is the 7th ! but maybe ill test on 4th too  ;D

Hannah i'm glad that the clinic seem to be sorting things for you.

Amanda 10 weeks! Wow. Whats a Doppler? Ive heard of them but am none the wiser

MrsE Iím really glad transfer went well. Iím feeling positive for you. I know what you mean about being a small boober . mine are 2 paracetemols on a ironing board

Beattie sorry youíll have to wait if you do go for IVF. 2 funded cycles is great though. Thatís the same as me. We are a bit luckier in wales and Scotland I think.  I hope meeting with consultant goes well

Triona oh thatís interesting. I still canít believe that after all this evidence with regards to immune treatment some clinics and HFEA totally discredit it.

Well another 2ww. This really is the worst part isnít it. I donít really know if Iím feeling positive or negative. I think the main thing thatís keeping me going if knowing I have more funded cycles if this one doesnít work out . it defiantly takes the pressure off!

Love to all
    xx

Offline Godiva

• Gold Member-10018
    modify
    « Reply #297 on: 25/07/16, 15:31 »
    Hi Amanda, I do read here regularly, just do not post so often - When I was waiting for treatment and had had a failed IUI I was happy for the pregnant people, and happy to read an update every now and then, but would not have enjoyed daily updates. Happy for you you are at 10 weeks, after your 12 w scan things just seem to speed up for most of 2nd trimester (at least, it did for me). I am now 23 weeks, and things seem to be slowing back to a steady pace, although due to a slightly abnormal flow (noted on 20 W scan) on my uterine vessels I am given an extra scan August 22 to check whether baby's growth is not slowing down - I also might be at higher risk of hypertension and/or pre-eclampsia.
    1st trimester is all the stress - lots of stuff going on with embryo, but you are not really aware of much. 2nd trimester gets the excitement of first OB/MW appointments, big scans at 12 and 20 weeks, your body is changing more obviously and towards the end of that time you actually start feeling something moving (although it often does just feel like gas bubbles in your intestines). Now waiting to see what 3rd trimester will be like in a couple of weeks ;-).
    Doppler can be fun, although at 10 weeks you will probably not hear all that much yet. even at 14 weeks heart beat can be a bit elusive sometimes, and you do not want to get into more stress because you can not find anything... . I can now put doppler just about anywhere on my belly and hear the heart galloping away. (Doppler is a machine that basically works with ultrasound waves, but translates them to sound instead of image. It is used to measure blood flows and a fetal doppler can help you listen to baby's heart beat from second trimester - at most prenatal visits your OB/MW will have a quick check of baby's heart beat.

KJade and MrsE: fingers crossed for both of you!
    Do not try to avoid walking, in fact walking (in moderation of course) is supposed to be good for implantation after an ET. Wind with progesterone is very normal (And I have been belching like mad, especially after meals, since ET...)
    Nice to have some frosties, MrsE, the eggs that were fertilised seem to have done pretty well!

Offline MrsE1982

• Gold Member-10018
    modify
    « Reply #298 on: 25/07/16, 15:59 »
    Thanks Godiva - we went for a stroll yesterday and I wandered (slowly - still a bit swollen!) around the block at lunch.

Just had a call from clinic the rest of the embryos weren't good enough to freeze so its just the 3 amigos that are in the freezer right now and this one inside me.

Amanda - I probably wont test early, DH is really strict on it and I'd hate to do it without him. I had imagined the wait to be longer than it was so less than 2 weeks is something I think I can live with!

Offline louise48910

• Sr. Member-10017
    modify
    « Reply #299 on: 25/07/16, 19:20 »
    Evening all.

Mrs E - yay for your little three amigos. I'll look Rizwana up, sounds positive and relaxing. I dunno if I can picture my ovaries in colour, only ever seen black and white  ;D

Kjade - hope you're doing OK. More funded cycles definitely takes the pressure of things but fingers tightly crossed for this one. hehe, testing early? Don't get too stressed if it's negative!!!

ha, looks like we're a small boob brigade ;)

Hannah - pleased to hear your clinic, well the manager..  is being proactive in sorting things out for you. Good to hear you'll find out dates soon! Yep, possibly just weeks between us. If my cycle plays ball I should have my HSG week beginning 15th August then we'll have an appt with the Consultant and I expect we'll look at planning our treatment. Eeek, that's crazy!

AFM I'm so pleased with this clinic. Saw the consultant again briefly, she apologised and said she forgot to get us to sign the bottom of her form that she ticked to say she'd gone through everything in our consent appointment, also didn't check our preferences donor wise (we're gonna see what they've got available before considering 'going global') . I don't think this delays anything at all as I've still not had blood work back (done today at the clinic to delay problems with GP sending to wrong hospital) or HSG and she was covering too clinics at our appt with her so she's forgiven. It's a darn sight quicker than waiting months in between appointments. Had my Transvaginal Ultrasound today.. I wonder if anyone can shed some light.. follicle at '16', apparently I'm about to ovulate.. size wise, what does that mean? I'm sure she said 16 but now I'm wondering if she said 13. I'm on day 12/13 ish of my cycle.