* Author Topic: Anyone using donor sperm part 77  (Read 102007 times)

0 Members

Offline Babybplease

modify
Anyone using donor sperm part 77
« Reply #30 on: 19/04/16, 00:02 »
MrsE- Google and download It's Starts With The Egg. I think CoQ10 is one of the best supplements anyone can take and it's one of the few with lots of studies showing it be beneficial for IVF you just up the dose to 800mg. I did accupunture and twice weekly massages and they really helped.

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Sapphire952

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #31 on: 19/04/16, 07:18 »
    I ditto that.  Book is good!
    Before my last cycle I had CoQ10 (Ubiquonal) along with a range of other supplements and egg quality definitely better! It may have been down to chance but worth considering. You need to take for at least three months before cycle.

Offline MrsE1982

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #32 on: 19/04/16, 09:37 »
    Thanks ladies - on amazon now!

Turns out AF not arrived. But spotting from op has stopped...so it might well skip me all together this time!

Offline K jade

• Gold Member
    • Infertility veteran since 2011! BFN princess :)
    modify
    « Reply #33 on: 19/04/16, 09:44 »
    still no  AF either MrsE , i'm fuming.
    never never late. never. now on day 33.
    hey  maybe i'm preggers!!!! ;D  ;D
    new second coming is on me!

Offline MrsE1982

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #34 on: 19/04/16, 09:57 »
    I had that last week before the operation Kjade....the nurses did a pregnancy test with wee - but couldn't get any result, so wanted to do a blood test. So i had the whole....'you do know that its not possible to get pregnant without sperm' conversation!!

It'll turn up, just when you are in the middle of something or wearing your best undies!

Offline Sapphire952

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #35 on: 19/04/16, 10:45 »
    Sorry ladies you're still waiting for AF - I had delays too when I was waiting to cycle.
    Also second the frustration about hospitals wanting to do pregnancy tests, I know it is only protocol but nothing like a smack in the face!

Offline K jade

• Gold Member
    • Infertility veteran since 2011! BFN princess :)
    modify
    « Reply #36 on: 19/04/16, 11:43 »
    OMG that must be so annoying. u think they'd know about the basics of  reproduction seeing as they work in a fertility clinic
    that's right MrsE, my best ASDA undies!

I agree Ubiniquol q10 is supposed to be thing to take. blxxdy expensive though. 45 in most health shops. 17 on amazon but I waited ages for it to come . over 2 weeks.

I've been having a wobble the past few days. I've convinced myself that I have implantation issues as my body wont absorb iron properly so there must be something up. I don't even know if the 2 are linked , but I've convinced myself they are. the day before I convinced myself I had Endo, and perhaps that's why I don't absorb iron as its all in the endo bits?!?
    now I think I must be menopausal as no AF!
    I Really am starting to lose my grip here  ;D ;D

Offline MrsE1982

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #37 on: 19/04/16, 13:04 »
    Don't worry Kjade - you are not not menopausal because AF hasn't shown up. Try to keep calm and stick your CD on, it wont do you any good to stress about this stuff. Breathe in and out and focus on one thing at a time. You need AF to show up, thats all, you aren't worrying about anything implanting just yet.

Thats what my doc said to me last week, she said that I am too focussed on the whole thing, rather than one step at a time. She told me to stop treating it as a business strategy and to focus on each part of the process one step at a time. As we can't do anything about step 10 right now when we haven't even got to step 1, and perhaps steps 2, 4 and 7 might change step 10 all together!

To be fair to these nurses they were at the local gynae unit not fertility but they did get a bit of a shock when I casually asked if they thought I'd been having it off with the milkman....poor girls its not their fault, but seriously sometimes...just listen to the patient!

Offline Godiva

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #38 on: 19/04/16, 18:56 »
    Had the discussion about pregnancy tests in local clinic (especially after I saw file of a 50 year old with a serious hart condition and huge myoma's to be removed by laparotomy, neatly stating the pregnancy test had been taken and was negative). When I went in for my op last year I was being hurried off to OT when they stopped my bed so I could pee in a pot first... I just did not have time to discuss.
    Apparently they did have a few cases that turned out to be positive, also in an F-F couple, so now they do it on everybody, no exception.

MrsE: I have had times I thought the milkman (or plumber, or whatever) would be a cheaper and easier solution...

Offline louise48910

modify
    « Reply #39 on: 19/04/16, 22:31 »
    Kjade - yes I've seen that myself through my work. There's the flip side of that though which is foster to adopt of very little ones and I'm not sure how I feel about that either. Aww, hope you're feeling a bit better. The mind does start to wander to all sorts of possibilities  ^hugme^

Hannah - I think I remember you talking about your DH adoption and about his dad. Definitely feels good to have an answer. Very pleased we were able to try everything too, no what ifs. Glad you've found counselling helpful. I'm hoping I can try to develop some longer term strategies. I actually give this sort of advice/support in my job, difficult to apply it to myself though  ^idiot^

Mrs E.. Oh dear. That's worrying...