* Author Topic: Anyone using donor sperm part 77  (Read 102012 times)

0 Members

Offline K jade

• Gold Member
  • Infertility veteran since 2011! BFN princess :)
modify
Anyone using donor sperm part 77
« Reply #40 on: 20/04/16, 07:47 »
Ladies, can being prodded delay AF??? I Had cervical screening test week before last?? Could it be that??

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline MrsE1982

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #41 on: 20/04/16, 08:57 »
    Kjade - I reckon being prodded can send your cycle off. Still no sign for me either. I am thinking that maybe I had AF at the same time as post op spotting...so I wouldn't have a clue would I?! I'm just going to wait for my protocol and drugs and then call on day 2 of AF whenever it comes!

Offline Sapphire952

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #42 on: 20/04/16, 10:41 »
    I randomly had a 37 day cycle before I started my (successful) FET - it'll turn up girls. 

Offline Godiva

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #43 on: 20/04/16, 17:58 »
    KJade, I do not think a cervical screening would really disrupt your cycle. Stress however can (but we can not avoid it, sadly). When I had my failed IUI I had to take progesterone pessaries (which of course can disrupt a cycle a bit, although many people in failted cycles get AF through progesterone). I ended up having to wait more than 5 days for my AF (and that while I was sure about ovulation date). I actually was about to get a new pregnancy test when AF finally came trough... I did do a test after my interrupted stim cycle (knowing I could not actually be pregnant), as I had waited 5 weeks (!) after the stop of my stim medication (and I never injected any ovulation blockers, so was near ovulating when I stopped). All that time waiting to be able to start my new cycle...

Mrs E: your "prodding" was of course a bit more extensive. You might have missed your period due to spotting (my periods were very much lighter after polyp resection, and although perhaps a bit heavy to be called spotting were nothing like what I had before). In your case you had already lost quite some endometrium with operation, so period might have been confused with spotting... No point in worrying about it, as you say. Wait for next protocol and drugs and then first AF sounds like a good plan :-).

Beattie: Glad to here you are finally getting another go! Fingers crossed...
    My bump is surprisingly/embarrassingly big to what I was expecting at this term (9 weeks)- if baby is only about an inch, and womb is supposed to only be the size of a grapefruit by 12 weeks, how come I seem to have a good-sized melon in my tummy??? If I try pulling it in I can just about flatten things out, but if I am standing "at ease" it is pretty prominent and people are noticing... (although still at the stage they do not dare mention it in case they are mistaken if they do not know I am pregnant). Extreme fatigue is starting to lighten up these last 2 days, maybe worst is past now? Managed to get by easily without afternoon nap today :-).

Offline Babybplease

modify
    « Reply #44 on: 20/04/16, 20:35 »
    Kjade I agree it's more likely stress. I too had a 36 day cycle between FET's when I was always a bang on 29 day girl. I kept thinking is this a miracle? Am I having the second coming. But no. I also convinced myself of poop. Most turned out to be wrong. The one random thing I did have was something I'd never even heard of so do as best you can to not stress. Says the girl pulling her hair out over bleeding for 3 damn weeks! My OB tells me the same don't stress?! Um it's not that easy!

Offline K jade

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #45 on: 21/04/16, 09:54 »
    well the bad news is i'm not the next V.Mary and they'll be no second coming or extra bank holiday.
    the good news is lady AF finally showed up and going in tomorrow morning  to get going again
    cant wait to get that big bag of drugs in my hand again  :)

Offline CanadianAmanda

modify
    « Reply #46 on: 21/04/16, 17:29 »
    Haha KJade that made me laugh out loud. I was really hoping that you would be the next Virgin Mary... I could really use an extra holiday from work ;) but I am grateful your extremely long cycle has ended. I had one that was 33 days long, and I found it so painful not having it come while knowing it was an unsuccessful cycle. It is painfully annoying.

I have been reading along with everyone, I just have had nothing to report these days. I will find out some time next week if I am selected for this month's IVF group. Canada is going through a recession right now (especially in our province), so I am hoping that the waitlist might be a bit shorter right now as a result. I realize that sounds worse than I mean it... I don't wish for infertile people to struggle paying for IVF... Hopefully you guys understand I mean that less selfishly than it reads. Anyway, I just hope to start ASAP.

Hope you are all doing well, Hannah have you heard back from the donor nurse?

Offline K jade

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #47 on: 22/04/16, 12:12 »
    Disaster
    I'm cancelled again
    Clinic forgot to order the DS
    it'll take at least 8weeks
    Turns out they order in new for EACH cycle
    But they forgot
    I could complain. But what'll it achieve??
    It won't make the Ds come faster
    What should I do ladies
    I well and truly give up

Offline daisyg

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #48 on: 22/04/16, 13:06 »
    Hi KJade,

I am so sorry to hear about what has happened.   Personally, I would make a complaint or let the HFEA know.  This shouldn't happen and who knows whether it has happened before at this clinic?

Here is a link if you are interested in going for it, although I also understand how tired you are of all of this and quite naturally feel 'what's the point?' :(

http://www.hfea.gov.uk/1072.html

Best to you,
    D xxx

/links

Offline Sapphire952

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #49 on: 22/04/16, 13:12 »
    KJade - where do they source from? I'm surprised it takes 8 wks.  Can you pressure them to see if they can accelerate the order? xYtex for example can ship at v short notice? I know youbrpobably don't  feel like fighting this - it's rubbish