* Author Topic: Anyone using donor sperm part 77  (Read 87872 times)

0 Members

Offline K jade

• Gold Member
  • Infertility veteran since 2011! BFN princess :)
modify
Anyone using donor sperm part 77
« Reply #50 on: 22/04/16, 13:13 »
Daisy thank you
Making a complaint does feel like the most logical thing to do.. But I just don't knowledge what it'll achieve other than a 'we' re very sorry '
It would be our second clinic complaint as they lost DPs biopsies back in 2014
Yes they r brilliant
At present they r our only option as we cannot afford private
I'm lost really..

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline K jade

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #51 on: 22/04/16, 13:19 »
    Saph it's xytex they use...
    Oh right, thats useful to know
    Surley they're can do that for me. I will make the request. Thank you xxx

Offline daisyg

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #52 on: 22/04/16, 13:37 »
    Hi KJade,
    You may want to quote this to your clinic from the Xytex website..

The transit time to ship to your clinic in the UK is just 2 days.  However, we do need to provide donor consent forms and other important information to your clinic prior to dispatch.  To allow for enough time to complete the import paperwork and delivery, it is recommended that you place your order with Xytex approximately 2 weeks before the vials need to be at your clinic.

https://www.xytex.com/sperm-donor-bank-patient/sperm-donor-bank-patient-faq-uk.cfm

It is their error and they should do their utmost to rectify it.  Given this information, it would be interesting to find out why it takes them 8 weeks?
    Best,

D

/links

Offline CanadianAmanda

modify
    « Reply #53 on: 22/04/16, 13:55 »
    I agree with DaisyG, this should not take 8 weeks. I have never ordered mine until after my day 1 each month, and have never had issues getting it on time. I realize processing times may just be less in Canada with DS, but 8 weeks is absurd. Have they always ordered your DS 2 months in advance?

Offline K jade

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #54 on: 22/04/16, 15:05 »
    daisy thank you so so much
    I have prepared an email/letter and quoted that

thank you all for your advice. I wasn't aware  that was the case with xytex
    the donor co coordinating nurse is back in work  on Monday and they have assured she will ring me.
    if she says its not possible to do a priority order  then I will send my email to clinic director

The ONLY good thing about it is  I get to pick a different donor each time if I wish so I wasn't stuck with the same one all along (who was un proven)

Offline MrsE1982

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #55 on: 22/04/16, 15:28 »
    OMG I was about to log on and put some smart ^Booty^ comment to you not being V Mary Kjade as it did make me chuckle this AM....but now I am FUMING on your behalf. What the actual F?!

I understand that you don't want to complain but if you don't things never get better. Can you switch your NHS funding to a private clinic - I did as it was all about 'patient choice' and to be honesty clinic sometimes forgets I'm an NHS patient!!

Just think what's meant to be will be, but I know that won't help right now.

I am also not V Mary - mother of the new JC either. Spotting started last night, full on AF taking its sweet time but defo around the corner. Thanks for all your check ins with me ladies.

Offline K jade

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #56 on: 22/04/16, 16:23 »
    thanks MrsE. I know. its so hard. it would be our second complaint to the clinic. after our first complaint the director told us to get in touch with him if we still wanted treatment with the clinic and he promised to oversee our treatment ensuring no more mistakes would happen,
    I still have his email so I'm wandering if I should contact him..

I'm in wales and we have a labour govt. and they are vehemently against any outsourcing of NHS funding to private clinics. does my head in

everything's on hold now until Monday when I hear from the donor nurse. my weekend is spoilt.
    I do have the option of going straight to IVF and i'm now thinking this is looking more and more like what I will do.
    sorry for the ramble.  today I just feel utterly deflated and like giving up. i've completely lost faith in them.

Offline Sapphire952

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #57 on: 22/04/16, 18:20 »
    I would take a two pronged attack.  Email the Director over the weekend forwarding on his original email from first complaint and explain you're due to speak to the donor coordinator on Monday and expect the clinic to do everything they can to resolve the situation and source the DS more quickly.

Offline Godiva

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #58 on: 22/04/16, 19:43 »
    KJade, I think if director said he would oversee everything himself you might as well take him up on that promise... Hope you get things sorted for this cycle!. Are you starting drugs anyway now over weekend until you get response from director and/or donor nurse? Not sure whether I would cry or scream in your situation (both probably...)

MrsE: glad for you AF is coming on (although you should definitely not expect your normal flow).

Amanda: I can very well imagine what you mean, do not think you an awful person for what you say, I would be saying/thinking same.

Offline K jade

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #59 on: 22/04/16, 22:21 »
    Thanks all for your advice
    I honestly feel in shock of how incompetent they can be
    I'm totally devastated they have pulled the rug again