* Author Topic: Anyone using donor sperm part 77  (Read 102002 times)

0 Members

Offline Sapphire952

• Gold Member
modify
Anyone using donor sperm part 77
« Reply #80 on: 27/04/16, 22:23 »
Well said Baby - you've got me in tears. Very brave of you to share your story like that. Well done - you've done others a lot of favours in sharing your story.

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Babybplease

modify
    « Reply #81 on: 27/04/16, 23:58 »
    Thanks Saph. Honestly response so far has been wonderful. So many people thanked us for educating them and others we didn't know came forward admitting their struggles. One friend said she was sharing it with two people she knows with zero sperm! Now I didn't expect anyone to have such a similar situation. I think DF is emotional now but it a good way. Everyone and I mean everyone has at least said what a great dad/ parents ect we will be and once it sinks in I think he'll actually feel quite proud of himself and that is worth baring our/ my soul.

Offline CanadianAmanda

modify
    « Reply #82 on: 28/04/16, 05:09 »
    BabyB I totally copy and pasted your letter for future reference. I keep going over in my head how I can express what we are going through to our friends and family, and you wrote that so beautifully. I hope you don't mind if I steal parts of it

KJade I am jut so sorry. 12 weeks is a very long time from now. I was having a very rough day yesterday imagining having to wait another month before being accepted off the wait list, so I can only imagine how you feel having to wait 3 months. Will you be using the same donor as your last IUI?

Louise- how are things going with you and DH?

AFM - I received my call from the fertility nurse offering me treatment starting next cycle. I will be on the antagonist protocol, so from my understanding I go in on my day 2 for an ultrasound and blood work, and then start stims on day 3. I should start my cycle on May 16, and my ER is tentatively booked for May 31. I can not express to you girls how grateful I am right now. I have to tell my staff next week, as I will have to rearrange my patients while this is all happening. I told my receptionist today, and cried more than I would have liked... But I have stopped bothering to hide my emotions these days.

I hope you girls are having good weeks, KJade - you will especially be in my thoughts and prayers this week, my heart is aching for you. Xo

Offline K jade

• Gold Member
    • Infertility veteran since 2011! BFN princess :)
    modify
    « Reply #83 on: 28/04/16, 09:47 »
    Baby that's amazing!! well  done u.
    reading that really hit home just how much we go through
    glad u had some positive responses xx

Offline K jade

• Gold Member
    • Infertility veteran since 2011! BFN princess :)
    modify
    « Reply #84 on: 28/04/16, 11:54 »
     beattie ,no hopefully it wont be another long wait after that to go again as I know now to get the paperwork in STRAIGHT AWAY. would have been nice if they had made that clearer to me though as would have avoided all this.
    hopefully the time will do quick
    good luck for this cycle!

Offline MrsE1982

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #85 on: 28/04/16, 12:26 »
    Baby - lovely letter. I hope you get lots of messages in return!

One step closer....letter from NHS saying they have received funding request from clinic....(I'd forgotten about this bit to be honest - so good job clinic on top of it) Your not the only one who has forgotten paperwork Kjade! So hopefully the letter will get back to the clinic about approving treatment asap. Should do - it did last time.

I reckon I have missed my period totally due to the op and am not expecting one for another few weeks. So no idea if this one is going to be ok to start on as my 'first official period' after the operation, or if I have to let that one pass and wait for another one. Not going to worry about it, still need drugs and protocol from clinic before I worry about my period starting. One thing at a time!

Offline louise48910

modify
    « Reply #86 on: 28/04/16, 17:02 »
    We've had a sensible non tired conversation about things. That's really what I needed. We're not going to pack up and move away, lol. And the cost of the mortgage isn't as much as I frantically thought it was. He's incredibly impulsive with what he wants/doesn't want in life in every aspect. It infuriates me sometimes but he's very much a seize the day kinda person which I love. He has actually just successfully interviewed for another job in a different organisation so hopefully that'll reduce some of the stress we've been experiencing work wise. Right now he's flipped back to donor being a good idea for us and that he'd go along with whatever I wanted and thinks he would consider any donor conceived child our own. What will be will be.

Kjade - Oh no :( I would too be annoyed about them not staying the purpose of the appt on the letter!

Babyb - very well written. Amazing that you've shared this x

Amanda - fingers crossed for you this time x

Offline Babybplease

modify
    « Reply #87 on: 28/04/16, 21:16 »
    Louise- I'm so happy to hear that you guys had a nice conversation about it all. I hope he gets this job. This journey is stressful enough that when we rented this house it was more than we had wanted but we realized for us having a nice place to call home was worth it, and it has made it less stressful so hopefully a new job would do similar for you.

MrsE- getting there!!!

Kjade- I really need the universe to give you an Fing break! Ito so not fair. I have so many setbacks myself over my uterine lining and then my infection and it's just so maddening! Hopefully you find ways to live in the moment and be rebellious a bit these best 12 weeks ;)

Thanks ladies we've gotten lots of amazing and thoughtful responses. I may write a piece for a friends literary blog actually. Any little bit of awareness helps right? I have a bad cold now. I was so excited to get back to even just walks and light excerise but I can't breath that well. It's all good I felt my first flutter this week?!!? Did I tell you guys already? Anyway I did just one while watching TV I was like I just had some weird muscle spasm in my belly then I was like nope that was it! That's this flutter they speak of. Can't wait for more! I told DH we need to get in the habit of starting to talk to belly because in the next 2 weeks baby can hear and we'll all I talk to all day in my dog. Since I'm not in an office so belly talking will have to start. By around 25 weeks they can start to even distinguish voices apparently?!?! Wow just wow.

Offline louise48910

modify
    « Reply #88 on: 29/04/16, 00:51 »
    Baby b - he did get the job! Means a bit more travel to and from work but I think he'll be happier. Blog sounds a good idea. Your post is amazing it would be so helpful for anyone going through this.. and like you said before turns out other people know other people in a similar situation but it's often so hush hush. Yay for your flutters  ^hugme^

Hannah - We called our local clinic (NHS) earlier today (they said last year to get in contact directly if we wanted to pursue donor) to say that we'd been thinking about it but would like to talk to someone professionally, possibly even counselling if that's possible before we decide whether or not it's the route we want to take. Spoke to one of the nurses who asked us which clinic we'd prefer (Devon and Cornwall have some sort of south west fertility peninsula!) - one that would be closer or the one a little further away where my partner had the PESA. She said for continuity the PESA one would make sense although it was such a brief contact and only related to my partner that I can't see the point in that.

Offline CanadianAmanda

modify
    « Reply #89 on: 29/04/16, 04:18 »
    Oops! I should have checked this thread before posting on the NOA board. Hannah and Louise - just ignore me asking how you have been.... Glad to read you and both doing alright. I think fertility counsellors are so wonderful.

BabyB - ahhh baby flutters!!!! How exciting!