* Author Topic: Anyone using donor sperm part 77  (Read 102006 times)

0 Members

Offline louise48910

modify
Anyone using donor sperm part 77
« Reply #90 on: 29/04/16, 13:59 »
Amanda - I saw that on the other page ;) No worries. It's really good (in a sometimes sad but often positive way) to see 'old' faces here. Not long til you start your cycle  ^hugme^

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Godiva

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #91 on: 1/05/16, 19:08 »
    Not been on forum for a couple of days due to lack of time and travelling. Am now on a holiday with patchy internet connection, but a lot of spare time :-) (in Kroatia with a group of divers, but I won't be diving till the end of the year).

Babyp: thank you for sharing that post. I will read the links more thoroughly a bit later. Especially reading about the reactions you made me emotional :-). So brave of you (plural) to post that so publicly. And feeling baby for the first time must be so amazing! Not sure if I would recognise it, with all the twitching and gurgling etc going on in my belly at the moment :-). I am already trying to get used to talking to baby: I was explaining geology to him while driving through the Alps :-). It helped pass the time anyway...

Louise: glad you had the talk. Don't forget, you both will have ups and downs to come, moments where either one of you will be wondering whether you made the right decision: it is all part of the process. I do not think that the PESA really makes much difference on clinic choice, as it will not influence your treatment anymore. We changed clinic, and if you tell them that partner has no sperm after invasive procedures they just focus on you. Even if you had some tests done for yourself in a different clinic (eg hysteroscopy) it does not really change much either. Closest option is often easiest, especially if you end up needing regular scans during cycle, but another important factor is of course whether you feel comfortable there.
    Good that your partner got the new job. Being happy in what you do makes such a difference...

KJade: thinking of you. Not much you can change now for next cycle, but try to occupy yourself with something else (I know, easier said than done): perhaps you can go on a holiday or do something else you have been wanting to do (and preferably things you can not do when pregnant).

Amanda: good luck, fingers crossed for next treatment (your first IVF?)

Mrs E: glad your clinic is doing admin for you :-). I do not think you should be too worried about missing period: I think there was not much lining left after your op...

Hannah: good luck with your counselling session. Fingers crossed things will start moving fast then!

Beattie: fingers crossed for good (but not too good ;-) ) response to clomid!

Offline Godiva

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #92 on: 4/05/16, 14:36 »
    woohoo, fingers crossed Beattie!

Offline Babybplease

modify
    « Reply #93 on: 4/05/16, 15:12 »
    Beattie fingers crossed for you!!!

Offline Sapphire952

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #94 on: 4/05/16, 17:13 »
    Fingers crossed Hun x

Offline MrsE1982

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #95 on: 4/05/16, 18:04 »
    Woohoo Beattie everything crossed! Been working like a dog recently so will update and read thru more tomorrow!

Big love

Offline MrsE1982

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #96 on: 6/05/16, 15:25 »
    Hi Ladies - hope you are all ok?

I haven't been on for a while as I have been working away and for lots of hours! So today is the first time I have had free time to sit and just read through whats been going on.

Beattie - hope 2 ww is going well for you. When is your test date?

I have skipped a whole period after the hysteroscopy, but I don't think I've ovulated yet, so no idea when AF will be coming. To be honest I still haven't had the formal 'ok' letter from the NHS so a couple more days wont make any difference.

Hubby and i had a lovely weekend away last weekend - we spent lots of money on an expensive luxury b and b and lovely food and wine and generally forgot about everything. Shame it rained, but we still managed to relax. It was a nice thing to do and as soon as we left home we realised how much we needed a break. We are 4 x holidays a year sort of people so for us to get to May in a year without a break is unheard of!

I am now off the booze to get ready for the next cycle. I'm not sure when we'll start but it could be as soon as AF shows up assuming clinic can sort out protocol quickly etc. Feeling ok and quite relaxed - well I was until I managed to bump into MIL in Tesco.

Yesterday i saw MIL out shopping with her niece (hubby's cousin - who I don't really like and doesn't need to know anything!) Despite MIL being told EVERYTIME i see her whats happening next and where we are up to (i.e. just waiting for AF to turn up) she still insists on asking me. So...yesterday at the checkout in Tesco. "when are you next at the clinic?"
    ....right in front of people (who probably know her and hubby as she used to work in Tesco!) and also infront of this dodgy cousin!

FFS - seriously! We tell you because we want you to be involved. But please just remember what I keep telling you every time I see you, WE DONT KNOW WHEN WE ARE NEXT IN CLINIC!!! and this is really not a conversation to have at the checkout!

Rant over!

The worse thing is that she NEVER asks me when her darling son is around, so when I complain to him he thinks I'm overreacting and making it all up! - To be fair he was a bit shocked about the Tesco story!

Wishing you all a lovely weekend. Roll on 5pm and we can get some vitamin D from the sun and not little tablets!!

Offline Godiva

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #97 on: 6/05/16, 19:16 »
    Oh dear, I feel for you that MIL just asked that in front of everyone... But glad you managed to have a great weekend away! It makes such a difference and can be so relaxing.

Offline MrsE1982

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #98 on: 7/05/16, 16:06 »
    Randomly AF has started today. I don't have any drugs or paperwork yet so nothing is going to happen this time around. To be honest I'm relieved as it means I can sort of plan and we can go on holiday at end of May. Hubby would have cancelled if I insisted but I wouldn't have been popular - now we can go and not worry. Just maybe take the drugs as may need to start injecting towards the end of it.

MIL asked me again last night...now I know she is either losing it or taking the pee! Hubby going to have a word with her at some point!

Offline Godiva

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #99 on: 8/05/16, 09:09 »
    Amazing how a sense of peace comes over you when you know things are going to move. Glad you will be able to enjoy your holiday more with this event! Enjoy the good food you will have to miss after treatment (hmm, a nice salad in a restaurant with a view...). Not that I am complaining: my first trimester seems to be going by without too much symptoms (but enough to let me know I am pregnant). For some people however it is hell, however hard they had been wishing for it, and however much time, money and effort they put into reaching that stage.
    Now you have a (sort of) date for your treatment, enjoy the benefits of not being pregnant :-).