* Author Topic: Anyone using donor sperm part 77  (Read 99392 times)

0 Members

Offline wilberdoo

modify
Anyone using donor sperm part 77
« Reply #1430 on: 17/11/20, 02:37 »
Hi everyone, gosh it feels like a long time since I was active on here and i'm rejoining with a mixture of joy and trepidation! I spent a good few months/years using this thread for support and it's strange being back.  I had a son in Feb 2016 (donor sperm/DH sertoli cell only) and am so grateful.  Decided to use our one frozen embryo in the hope for a sibling.  No idea how a FET works as not had one before and am not sure of our chances of it working but going to give it a try.   We were in the position of only having to do one round of ICSI (I feel bad almost saying that!) so I can't imagine we'd be so lucky has to have our one and only embryo work!  I only managed to have one frozen out of 8 eggs retrieved so not a lot of back up.   Also not sure what will happen if it doesn't work... will we go through it all again or be happy with our lot? I hadn't realised how anxious I was until I just wrote that!
Anyway just wanted to say hi and introduce myself and generally get some support again and support you lovely people! I will also hop over to the FET threads.   I need to brush up on my acronyms again!
Molly sorry to read of your experiences  ^hugme^

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline wilberdoo

modify
    « Reply #1431 on: 17/11/20, 02:47 »
    Also wanted to say, anyone else in Australia? I'm in Victoria at the moment in Geelong (from Bristol originally).  My embryo is in Sydney so there are a few logistics involved - luckily the border is now open, I wanted to start earlier this year but wasn't to be.

Offline Molly87

modify
    « Reply #1432 on: 23/11/20, 18:00 »
    Hi Wilberdoo,

You just never know, thereís nothing to say it wonít work! Just take it step by step and make the decisions that feel right for you! I find FETs much easier although I do natural ones so thereís really not much to them!!

So I have got back on the horse and today had a day 6 hatching blastocyst transferred. My last one (although I know I wonít give up after this one just yet!). Fingers crossed we have a happy end to 2020.

Hope you are all keeping well.

Molly xxx

Offline TrionaT

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #1433 on: 24/11/20, 19:23 »
    HI Everyone,
    Wilderdoo-Welcome back. I had 2 sons in 2016 and also had a long break from the website but back again since Oct. We had some frosties abroad and I thought its now or never as I'm not getting any younger. We have no 3 on board now ( will be our first biological one together ) ... i'm 10 wks pregnant , still nervous but wish you every success with your treatment and whatever you decide. I found going through it all again really tough , maybe its my age or having been through so much the first time , felt like years and years of trying ... but maybe it'll all be worth it if this one hangs on and we get our happy ending.

Offline K jade

• Gold Member
    • Infertility veteran since 2011! BFN princess :)
    modify
    « Reply #1434 on: 24/11/20, 20:16 »
    Thought I'd just jump on and say  ^hello^ ^wave^ to all you veterans  ;D

Triona wow congrats!hope all is going well and heres to an uneventful 9 months -or how ever long u have left

Wilberdoo I'm in a similar situation 2 u.  Just 1 lonely frostie left . Itll be a while before I'll be using it but already my thoughts are racing ahead ..its the only chance of a genetic sibling for our boy and I'll be heartbroken if ,when we eventually transfer, it doesn't work out.

Molly best of luck for this 2ww you really deserve this . I'm hoping so much that this is your long awaited xmas miracle

Love 2 u all  ^Heart^

Offline Molly87

modify
    « Reply #1435 on: 30/11/20, 12:25 »
    Today I got a BFP on a clearblue digital! The words feel somewhat more real than a faint second line! Just praying this little one sticks around. xxx

Offline Emsne

modify
    « Reply #1436 on: 30/11/20, 19:18 »
    Hooray Molly! Keeping everything crossed for you xx

Offline louise48910

modify
    « Reply #1437 on: 9/12/20, 20:48 »
    Hi all!

Didn't realise there were replies, not getting notifications!

Oooh Molly congrats, fingers crossed it all goes well
    ..and Triona congratulations!

Hi Wilberwoo! When do you start treatment?

AFM, after a loooooong covid wait we're due to start IUI at my next cycle. Which actually wont be next cycle due to Christmas. It took us a while to decide whether to have another due to likely PND and our first having the most terrible sleep (much better now, only wakes once or twice haha! but climbs in with us and we don't even notice  ;D ). Decided on 'Super ovulation' IUI as that worked on second cycle last time (thanks for your replies about this on my last post!). Will be paying the time so trying to source the cheapest meds! The clinic can arrange it but the nurse suggested we shop around! Anyone any ideas?

Offline Molly87

modify
    « Reply #1438 on: 23/12/20, 13:26 »
    So Iíve had my 7 week scan and once again itís not a viable pregnancy. Iím heartbroken, there must be something really wrong with me. Now I have to go through the wait and miscarriage all over again. xx

Offline Emsne

modify
    « Reply #1439 on: 23/12/20, 16:39 »
    Goodness molly so so so sorry to hear this. I canít remember your history of reasons why non viable pregnancies... but have you thought about using a surrogate if it is for example your womb? Or donor embryos.. just trying to think of ways to get to the end game. Thinking about you, what a rubbish time for it to come at Christmas xxx