* Author Topic: Info about getting Level 2 Immunes tests done with Locus Medicus (Athens)  (Read 8998 times)

0 Members

Offline Hannah72

  • Full Member
  • ***
Wow bananafish, thanks for the thorough update on Locus.  I think based on your information i will try them for my nk, th1 tests as 300 is a good price.
Do you know if the results from Locus are in the same format at the Chicago tests as I want to use Dr Gorgy for other treatment like neupogen wash and injections.
Thanks
Hannah x

FertilityFriends

  • Advertisement
  • ***

    Offline AngelFB

    • Jr. Member
    • **
    Hi ladies, thanks for posting about the level two immunes. We are hoping to use Locus Medicus. I was just wondering how long it took for a reply? I emailed the clinic a few days again but have yet to hear. How long has the process taken for people from contact to results? Also what are people's experiences of clinics using results from Locus instead of their own clinic?
    Regards AngelFB

    Offline AngelFB

    • Jr. Member
    • **
    Hi Ladies,
    Just tried the contact number on the website and the line is dead. Has anyone had success contacting the clinic recently as I'm having trouble.

    Thanks AngelFB

    Offline Uber Barrens Club

    • Gold Member
    • *****
    Sorry you're having trouble - I heard back really quickly from them, but only liaised with them by email

    Best of luck x

    Offline MadameG

    • VIP Member Sponsor
    • *
    Angel I made a first enquiry the other week and it took a few days (plus the weekend) to get back to me, I'm assuming they are just busy at the moment. I'd send a follow up, perhaps via the contact form on their website, in case they haven't received it. The information they replied worth was really detailed though :) xxx

    ps bananafish your info was top notch and gave me the courage to take control myself - thanks!! Xxx

    Offline AngelFB

    • Jr. Member
    • **
    Thanks for getting back to me ladies. I have now received an email and I'm making enquiries to have my bloods taken locally. They have been extremely helpful and have also offered to sort out TNT pick up which is great.
    Thanks again AngelFB xx

    Offline Mechta

    • Un-Ranked
    • *
    Hi ladies, really in need of a quick advise here. This is my very first post ever so bear with me please. I am in the very end of my 6 IVF cycle. Never made it to a positive pregnancy test despite having had 1-2 embryos transferred back, lately defined as very good quality. Have low AMH and produce few eggs so doctors always got me to believe it was an egg quality issue and the message was -Just keep trying. I have to say I live in Norway and was treated in Denmark for all 5 previous cycles. I could not continue without any form for clarity so I myself started testing for what I could in Norway but NORWAY is really behind in terms of reproductive medicine, at least that is my opinion after so many tries. Have to say I have a daughter conceived after six IUIs and one IVF as well.

    I went to LISTER first but it turned out we could not use our donor their (yes there is that as well, my husband we found out cannot have kids at all) so I finally ended up in Athens with SERUM for this try. I am currently in Athens. I used 5 months with diets, acupuncture and lots of supplements to prepare my eggs and it seems it has worked. All of the matured 5 eggs we took out last Sunday are developing and for the first time I will be having a blastocyst transfer. And here comes my dilemma: on Monday I had the immune test results for LM come back with high NK cytotoxicity on 12.5:1 ration of 30, high NK % of 21, and high Tnfs of 40,12. We had an indication of high NK % already from a test I took in Norway so Serum had me on pretreatment with prednisolone 10 mg starting 10 days before my stim start and I am still on it. In addition I got intralipids on EC day and from the day after EC which was Monday 30.01 I also get daily Zarzio (GCSF) injections. I also had Clexane for 7 days but pause now until ET and wil start that again. Tomorrow is the day of the transfer and I know Serum will want to transfer 2 blasts. I would have been super happy with that earlier but now I am so worried I am just sending my good embryos that I worked so hard for to a certain death. Reason I am thinking that is that wherever I read about intralipids treatment it says they should be started 7-14 days before EC to have time to reduce the cytotoxicity level. We only have one more semen vial. Our donor is not available anymore and I so want our kids to be full siblings. I am thorn and sitting in Athens alone I cannot decide what to do.

    Anybody having had the same treatment that can share their experience? I also am concerned LM cytotoxicity normal ranges are quite higher than the RUF ones. Anyone know why? Any advice is much appreciated. Transfer scheduled for 13:30 Greek time tomorrow Friday.

    Offline Amazone

    • Full Member
    • ***
    Dear Mechta
    What I know about immunes is basic, but maybe I can give you helpful input looking at the problem from a logistics aspect.
    I am an ex-Serumite, and if it hasn't changed in the meantime, they charge 1000 Eu for every batch of embryos they freeze (unless it's part of a package and the cost of freezing is included).
    I am not sure if I got the details right: you had 5 eggs collected, all fertilized, today on day 4 all are still going strong, and if all goes well you will have 5 blasts tomorrow? If this is the situation, you will have to decide tomorrow how many to transfer, and in how many batches to freeze the rest - which can result in additional costs:
    2- 3:
    transfer 2, freeze 3 together
    2- 2-1:
    transfer 2, freeze the rest in a batch of 2 and a single one separately. This will be additional 1000 Eu
    1- 2-2:
    transfer 1, freeze the rest in 2 batches of 2. Also additional 1000 Eu.
    I would opt for 2- 2-1 or 1- 2-2 and pay the additional 1000 Eu. It's a lot of money, but then you would have two more transfers, IF you're not successful this time. I don't have the knowledge to judge if your recent immune results will influence the outcome of this cycle, but just for the peace of mind I would pay the additional money, so you know you'll have two more occasions to optimize your immunes protocol, if it doesn't work out this time.

    Offline Mechta

    • Un-Ranked
    • *
    Hi, thanks for answering. Serum does not follow up the embryo development every day so yesterday, which was day 3 they told me all had developed and the embryologist thought we will have at least 2 blasts tomorrow.
    I am sure if we have two they will push for transferring both. And I am just scared that we were late with the intralipids and GCSF medication and I will be sending this embryos to certain death. I really hope there are more than 2 blasts tomorrow. Then I am not sure if I will go for 1 or 2 transferred back. But if there are two I just don't know what to do.

    St this point to be honest I do not really think about the cost of 1000 euro. Just want to have a fair chance at this. I really am so indecisive and scared.

    Offline Carley

    • Gold Member
    • *****
    Mechta - What did you decide? How are you feeling?

    Bananafish81 - Thsnk you so much for all your detailed info :) Does anyone know if I could get the blood taken with a gp or would I need to find somewhere different? I've no idea where to start if I'm honest 😬

    Carley