* Author Topic: AMH 3.8 at care Manchester - is this good / bad? Not sure how they measure  (Read 748 times)

0 Members

Offline Jess2010

• Sr. Member-10017
Hi To Anyone Who Has Had Treatment at Care Manchester.
Would you be able to let me know if you had a blood test with them for AMH and what measurement they used?
I had the results over the phone today and they were 3.8 but I forgot to ask if this was pmol/l or ng/ml
Although she said they were normal I don't know whether this was in relation to my age (42) or in relation to general results for all women.
When I look online based on one type of measurement it looks good, but on the other it looks horrendous.
So I was hoping that someone may be able to reassure me whilst I silently go crazy!!! Thanks
Jess

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Lilly83

• Lifetime Premium-7
    Hi Jess

It's usual in the uk to measure pmol/l

I would say 3.8 is about expected for your age, I have cycled at Care twice you will be very well looked after

L x

Offline Jess2010

• Sr. Member-10017
    Thanks Lilly83 - thought it wouldn't be great, it has dropped from around 10 before I had my last treatment at ARGC 18 months ago.
    We're on our last try with OE then donor but with us doing PGS I'm pretty sure there won't be any to transfer anyway.
    Appreciate your response :-)
    Jess

Offline Lilly83

• Lifetime Premium-7
    Mine was 2.2 at 28  :( I still got 4 eggs all mature and all fertilised with that number so stay positive, there's loads cycling with lower having good results, obviously helps if your FSH is lower too, my FSH jumped to 23 that's why we moved to donor eggs x