* Author Topic: Which clinic? Care, MFS, St Mary's Private?  (Read 1079 times)

0 Members

Offline FJG

• Jr. Member-10015
  • No regrets
Dear All,
I am new to this forum and IVF but really need to reach out.
I have secondary infertility but am ineligible for NHS funding due to having a child (3.5), at 39 I am conscious that I need to act fast and am going to try IVF.
Speaking to the consultant at SHH he advised that most of the centres use the same technology? Not sure I believe this but I am so confused.  I have read the stats but aware that they are a guide.
Has anyone had any experience at St Mary's as a private patient? I went to an open evening at Care and was impressed but may have also been a bit bamboozled by it all.
I like organisation and like order, hence dealings with SHH and 8w waits for tests have done me in.
Any feedback would be really appreciated? 

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Lilly83

• Lifetime Premium-7
    modify
    Which clinic? Care, MFS, St Mary's Private?
    « Reply #1 on: 22/04/16, 18:10 »
    Hello

I have cycled at St Marys twice, Care twice and had a behind the scenes tour at MFS when I had a meeting with them there. My standard of care at SMH was excellent but I did find the admin and waits stressful, but I'm not sure if it's the same for private patients? Care were great to cycle with too and I couldn't fault them.

Things to think about are if you need any further investigations/ops then it's good to be at St Marys. They do offer scratch/glue as routine free to NHS patients too (not sure if the do for private?) but there's a charge at Care. Also of course factor in travel etc?

L xx

Offline Claireu

• Full Member-10016
    modify
    « Reply #2 on: 24/10/16, 13:03 »
    Hi FJG
    Did you go ahead with one of the clinics? Which one if you don't mind me asking? And what would did you base your choice on?
    I'm currently at Care, and have had a fresh cycle with DE, two FETs and then one disastrous cycle with DE and PGS which resulted in no embryos to transfer.
    I've not had the best level of care at Manchester Care so I'm in the process of deciding whether to cut our losses and start again somewhere else. But I'm 48 now and I don't want to lose any more time.
    I'm just waiting for some sort of response from Care after our review and my consultant asked me to contact the Director - so I will wait a couple of weeks and if I don't get a response I will look to move. We've got an appointment with Manchester Fertility so I'll see how I feel about them when we go.
    But after two years and nearly 30k I feel very undervalued by Care at the moment.
    Thanks
    Claire

Offline TiggerBounces

• Full Member-10016
    modify
    « Reply #3 on: 31/10/16, 10:26 »
    Hi, Ive sent you a pm...

Offline Sundy99

• Full Member-10016
    modify
    « Reply #4 on: 1/11/16, 09:59 »
    Hi,

I was hoping to get some advice. I have had one cycle, nhs funded at st Mary's. Unfortunately it wasn't successful and we didn't have any to freeze. We do want to try again but don't really know where to go. It's so expensive and I really want to be sure im making the right decision. I know all the published results are pretty similar but it really comes down to the quality of the care I'll receive. Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

Offline Max 2012

• Gold Member-10018
    modify
    « Reply #5 on: 2/11/16, 22:49 »
    Hello, I have been both an nhs patient and a private patient at St Mary's. My nhs funded cycle ended up with the birth of my son in 2012 and the private cycle we had in January this year was unsuccessful. We too were loking at whether or not to change to care for our next cycle which we plan to do summer next year. But looking on the whole I think we will stick with St Marys.  Our reasons for this is the good relationship we have built with the staff there and they do work out to be the cheapest.  They don't charge extra for embryo scope,  embryo glue, taking the embryos to blastocyst stage etc which in some clinics can add on an extra 1,000+ to the already expensive costs.