* Author Topic: 2ww ????  (Read 962 times)

0 Members

Offline kellydallard

• VIP Member Sponsor
  • BABY ISABEL!!!
modify
2ww ????
« on: 9/08/05, 18:30 »
Hiya,

Im sure this has been a question that has been asked before but I just wondered what the rest of you did when you had your tx??
I had my first basting today and have been trying to take it easy,but its really hard as I am normally always on the go!! What sort of things did you avoid in the 2ww??How long did you rest/take it easy??? How did you feel???

Its really strange and I know it might be cos I have been blobbing on the sofa all afternoon but I feel weird-after all its only sperm thats been put up there,so really should I feel any different to after bms ??Tummy feels different and I feel really delicate-might just be me going mad?? ^idiot^ ^idiot^

Also the nurse told us to have bms tonight and tomorrow morning and I really do not feel like it ::) what did your cons/nurses tell you about bms after IUI??

Sorry to ramble but I just really want this to work and I want to do my best to help it!!!!

Thanks for reading this crazy message ;D

Kelly x

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline professor waffle

• lucky to be alive
    • VIP Member Sponsor
    modify
    Re: 2ww ????
    « Reply #1 on: 9/08/05, 21:23 »
    Kelly

I was told to have bms within 24 hours of the IUI, so in effect it could be a natural conception or an IUI one. Who cares as long as it works ;D

I rested for the whole day after the IUI, we went out in the evening just for a meal. The day after I had a tummy bug so felt really yuk & spent the afternoon on the sofa with a hot wter bottle

The rest of the 2ww so far has been spent as normal ^reiki^ ^reiki^

Only a few more days to go & i'll be able to tell you if it worked ^fairydust^

Fingers crossed for you to Kelly!

Offline herbaltea

• 2 of my fur babies!
    modify
    « Reply #2 on: 10/08/05, 06:43 »
    Hi Kelly - I had my 1st iui last month too. Like you, I did feel sort of delicate - can't explain it though. I spent the night watching rubbish on the tv and rested on the sofa. The rest of the 2ww I did what I would normlly do. I did try drinking pineapple to help implantation which I read on here somewhere!

Good luck  ^reiki^

Offline AussieMeg

modify
    « Reply #3 on: 10/08/05, 08:03 »
    Hi Kelly

Have a read of the IUI beginners guide at the top of the IUI thread, there is quite a bit of info from what some of us did on our 2ww. Whilst IUI didn't work for me on my second IVF I did very little and had heaps of rest for the first 3 days, then went 4wd, danced madly at a wedding, drank lots of red juice and pineapple juice (Not from concentrate) and now it is less than 100 days till the twins arrive.

Good Luck
    Megan

Offline kellydallard

• VIP Member Sponsor
    • BABY ISABEL!!!
    modify
    « Reply #4 on: 10/08/05, 08:56 »
    Morning you lovely lot,

Aussie meg-Wow cant believe you will be having your babies in less than 100 days!!!Fantastic,I can remember you from when I first found ff!!! So happy for you.I have read the beginners over and over and I have printed it off too ;D ;D.its fantastic thanks for doing it,im sure it has helped many ff with their tx.

Herbaltea-I read that about pinapple too-so I have just sent dh out for more supplies.How are you???

Proffesorwaffle-I am keeping everything crossed for you ^2ww^ ^reiki^ do you feel any different???

Jillypops-Thanks for the message.How daft is your hospital,bet your counting the days down!!??Really hope this is the one for you ^reiki^ ^reiki^.Unfortunatley I have tons of pee sticks cos I got them off ebay,but I will try to be strong and not test early!!! Am a bit worried as we managed to have bms lastnight even though neither of us were in the mood,but dh really wasn't up to it this morning and I cant help but think that it might be the last chance to everyting we can this cycle!!! Still gonna try and jump on him before dinner time!!!!

Thanks all for the replies,your all stars!!!

Kelly x

Offline kellydallard

• VIP Member Sponsor
    • BABY ISABEL!!!
    modify
    « Reply #5 on: 10/08/05, 13:51 »
    ok so no jumping has happened,poor dh is so knackered he has gone too bed!!! Bless him,he has been doing everything-well nearly everything ;D he said yesterday he didnt realise how much I did ;D ;D He is back at work tonight so I thought I had better give him a rest

Kelly x

Offline professor waffle

• lucky to be alive
    • VIP Member Sponsor
    modify
    « Reply #6 on: 10/08/05, 21:30 »
    Million $ question - do I feel any different???

HMm have some twinges in the ovary area, boobs have grown (I don't need bigger ones trust me!), belly looks 3 months pg but this could all be cyclogest induced ^tantrum^ ^tantrum^ ^tantrum^.

I has cyclogest one month on clomid & it gave me exactly the same symptoms as a friend who had got pg on clomid but I just got a  ^BFN^ instead  :'(.

Won't know until I do the test but I don't think it will be 1st time lucky for me :-[

Offline kellydallard

• VIP Member Sponsor
    • BABY ISABEL!!!
    modify
    « Reply #7 on: 11/08/05, 08:35 »
    pw,

I cant even begin to imagine how you are feeling.It's bad enough when you get a bfn when you are trying naturally but to get one on your first proper go of treatment must be even more difficult!!!Im dreading it myself.Thinking of you lots

Kelly x

Offline kellydallard

• VIP Member Sponsor
    • BABY ISABEL!!!
    modify
    « Reply #8 on: 12/08/05, 13:05 »
    Morning,

I am trying to chill out but I am not even finished the 1st week of the 2ww and I am going totally loopy,I just wish I could turn my brain off,I really hope this works cos I really dont think I could cope with a bfn  :(

Kelly x