IVF Spain Alicante Cycle Buddies - Part 2

74K views 1K replies 39 participants last post by  Maggiephatcat 
#1 Ā·
Happy chatting everyoneĀ  ^gossip^

Love and baby dust to you all

^fairydust^

Maggie xxx

#2 Ā·
Pinkpeacock I know how upsetting it is but your fet will be here before you know it. Recovering is what's best for now.
Rrb looks like we are in the same boat with these large follicles. Good luck with your first stimulating injection tomorrow. I have a scan at the clinic on Thursday and then they will decide what the craic is. Please God all will be OK.

#3 Ā·
First stimulation injection done and dusted. Yipeee
Rrb how did yours go?

#5 Ā·
Scan on thursday in alicante. Fly over on wednesday. My mam is flying from dublin and husband flying out next sunday. You must have a scan and bloods on thursday too. When do you fly out?

#6 Ā·
Yep scan Thursday in Dublin, then fly out Friday morning. I'm kind of wishing I had of just flown out Wednesday too, to get all scans done in Spain...but heyho Friday will fly in!
I'll have my mam with me in July...if we get to transfer this time round, typical work timing will have him the other side of the world...mams are great for support!
Need to get a wiggle on with packing! Did you get a letter for flying with meds?

#7 Ā·
I have a letter but i checked them through last time. Will probably do the same again.

#8 Ā·
I know it's risky because bag could go missing but it's been grand all the other times. Fingers crossed i have not jinxed myself and bag goes awol. Do you expect to be transferring in july? We have no clue yet when we will get to that stage.

#9 Ā·
How did you get on with your last cycle in dublin?

#10 Ā·
Hey Ladies

I hope you all enjoyed the weekend... I have holiday until next week.. So I am still a bit of a lost soul but its nice to have a little break. After my BFP I am definitely on cloud 9.

Just had my HCG I have to wait a little bit for the results the clinic will ring.

Janedu do you have insurance for your case?? Then that way your backed up with the costs of the meds if something happens with the case.

PinkPeacock, How did it go in the end... what day do they need to transfer if you are "post receptive"?

xxxx

#11 Ā·
Megskegs I'd be on cloud nine too. Best of luck with your blood test results. I don't have insurance so now I'm thinking maybe it would be safer to bring them in my hand luggage. I would go mad if they went missing.

#12 Ā·
Megskegs how did blood test go today?

#13 Ā·
Sorry for the late reply...my phone is having a meltdown today!
Well Dr S thinks that we should be able to do it with 1 cycle, based on test results etc. but I'll believe it when I see it! Our last cycle was a bit of a disaster. I was under stimulated as they thought I was risk of OHSS...which I'm not & hubby had a really bad infection in the month before the treatment, which apparently takes at least 3 months to fully leave, so swimmers weren't at their best! We had 8 eggs retrieved, 5 mature & 1 to blast. Dr S thinks we should be looking at 12+....so fingers crossed.
I defo think I'll bring mine in hand luggage, cost asside if they went missing I would totally stress out, and that would be helpful lol.
Megs any update on your bloods?
Xxx

#14 Ā·
Wow great numbers. I could only dream of that got 5 eggs last time. 4 mature and one to blastocyst.

#15 Ā·
Hi ladies,

Sorry been AWOL. Been finding it hard to get my head round things. They've recommended that we come to Spain as planned, and I'm going to have a second biopsy next Wednesday, and instead of going for transfer they'll freeze the embies and tell us when to come back for transfer which will be 6-8 weeks. Gutted.

So they sent the new schedule yesterday and it still says that I'll have transfer 2-5 days after egg collection. Hubby thinks that means we might still have transfer. I think they've copied and pasted and haven't deleted the bits about transfer. I really hope hubs is right as would be awesome to go ahead (at the right time) but I am very suspicious that the admin side hasn't exactly been spot on so far.

Megs - great news about your BFP. Enjoy cloud 9 and keep it warm for the rest of us, we'll see you up there soon!

Rrb - hope everything goes smoothly for you with your scan.

Jane - I've been just taking hand luggage.

#16 Ā·
Pinkpeacock I'm going for 10 days so need to check in a bag. Could not possibly fit everything into a carry on bag. My suitcase is too heavy though so will have to take out the kitchen sink. I hope you are having your transfer but I fear it's an error as you also suspect. Did you e-mail the clinic to query it? Let us know what happens. When are you flying out?

#17 Ā·
Hello lovely ladies

I havenĀ“t had the chance to log on the last two days! I got the results of my beta and its looking good HCG of 250 clinic said thats great, I got to carry on taking my progynova and other meds until the 12th week.
I had some cramping but doctor said thats normal because its my uterus stretching... I have been very tired and hungry and they have put that down to the rise in my P4 levels.
Apart from that I canĀ“t complain I am extremely happy and canĀ“t stop smiling.

Rrb I am sure Dr S will get more than 8 eggs out of you! I donĀ“t think she is scared of anything lol.

Pinkpeacock - I am so sorry to hear that hunny :(Ā  its so easy to mess up with the meds as there are so many! If they delay your transfer its to give you the best possible chance IĀ“m sure! xxx

#18 Ā·
Hey ladies, how's everyone doing?
Megs those numbers are amazing hun!!
Pink any news from clinic?
Jane are you all settled in, dying to hear how you get on in the clinic tomorrow!!!
I'm lying here in an unusually warm Dublin with a hot water bottle on my tummy...melting!!! Acupuncturist orders!
Nervous bout tomorrow, crossing everything that these follicles are growing!!

Xxx

#19 Ā·
Rrb best of luck with your scan today. Will update you later on how mine goes. It is so hot here.

#20 Ā·
Oh I can't wait to get there tomorrow!!
So had scan, have 15 follies on right, all 9 & under, except that one big one which is now 21!!! Wonder if they pop it?
Left not so active, 8 follies all under 5.
Not really what I was hoping, but we'll see what the clinic say.
What time you in at Janedu?

#21 Ā·
Only have 4 OK sized follicles and 3 smaller ones. Have to have more bloods on Saturday but have a feeling they may cancel the cycle.

#22 Ā·
Janedu - so sorry to hear you have only 4 follies. How frustrating for you. When will you find out?

Rrb - best of luck for tomorrow! Sounds like you have a good crop.

Megs - sounds really positive. Hope the cramps aren't too bad.

AFM - as I thought, they just hadn't bothered to update the schedule and just copied and pasted so definitely no transfer next week. Biopsy is booked for Wednesday instead and then we will go back for a 5th time for frozen transfer. They emailed yesterday saying that they don't have any space in the lab until 5th August. That's mad. I'm so upset. Feel like I've spent the whole of this year wishing the days away. To do so for an extra month is not cool.

#23 Ā·
Sorry to hear that pinkpeacock. It feels like a lifetime away. It will come around quickly though.
The pill didn't control my cycle so they think I have ovulated already. This situation happened in January and the cycle was cancelled. I'm upset and husband is annoyed. But what can you do. Will let you know on Saturday what they have decided. Rrb that's a great number of follicles. Keep going with the hot water bottle. Xxx

#24 Ā·
Just heard that they have, in fact, had a cancellation in the lab and so can fit us in on 26th July. That's ten days earlier so that ten days less meds, hormones, stress, worry and emotional pain. I'll be pregnant in 47 days!

Jane - that's so hard. Not surprised you're upset. There's nothing you can do but doesn't stop you being upset.

How long after ET have you all planned to fly home? The clinic are saying we can fly that day, husband is saying day after but I'm thinking the day after that? What do you think?

#25 Ā·
Janedu sorry to hear you may have ovulated? What will happen if the cycle is cancelled in terms of all the money you have spent on flights and accommodation etc? This is something that really worries me, I love going abroad but if things don't go to plan extra visits are pricey, my kast cycle was a disaster and our visit in June will be our 4th visit and the clinic isn't cheap already especially with all the living costs to add on! I hope they can do something for you? I am confused how it happens šŸ˜¦

#26 Ā·
We will still have the holiday without the ivf. I'm afraid they don't compensate you when the cycle is cancelled like this. It happened in January and it was a case of having to come back in March and rebook and pay for everything again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.