* Author Topic: Exact age limits  (Read 2268 times)

0 Members

Offline Coolish

• Volunteer
modify
Exact age limits
« Reply #10 on: 1/09/16, 14:45 »
My last clinic was in Greece and they told me up to my 51st birthday.

Don't forget that Northern Cyprus (the Turkish side) doesn't have any age limits. I went to Team Miracle (TM) there. You can cross the borders between south and north Cyprus pretty easily. We flew to Larnaca and a driver took us to the hotel in the north and took us through the border. It was very easy.

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline bundles

• Volunteer
    • Time is an illusion, lunchtime doubly so ! D.Adams
    modify
    Exact age limits
    « Reply #11 on: 1/09/16, 14:59 »
    My clinic in Madrid would treat me up until the day before my 51st birthday  :) I think there may be flexibility in Spain due to each individual clinic's interpretation of the rules  ^idiot^

Offline rubyring

modify
    Exact age limits
    « Reply #12 on: 1/09/16, 21:24 »
    Hi cooljules and bundles, thanks for replying so quickly!
    Of course I now want to know which clinics you went to  ::)  but really I think my best bet is to directly ask the clinics I'm considering. It sounds like each clinic makes their own decision as to what "50" means, whether it's up to the day before the 50th or before 51st birthday! I haven't forgotten about Cyprus either, I'm just not sure for some reason. Of course I'm hoping the next cycle will be the one, and I don't need to worry about the 50 thing, but I know from past experience I'm not one of those lucky ones where things work 1st time unfortunately  :(

Offline bundles

• Volunteer
    modify
    Exact age limits
    « Reply #13 on: 2/09/16, 06:58 »
    I went to Procreatec in Madrid. They are a small, family like clinic but with all the latest technology. Would recommend them in a instant  :)

xx

Offline rubyring

modify
    Exact age limits
    « Reply #14 on: 9/09/16, 09:14 »
    Thanks bundles!
    Just in case this helps anyone else - I contacted the 3 clinics I'm looking at directly. My information was exactly right, the 2 clinics in Greece do not do anything more as soon as you're 50, whereas the one in Spain will do a FET after your 50th birthday if you still have embryos there, but won't do a fresh cycle.

Offline Luci123

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    Exact age limits
    « Reply #15 on: 14/09/16, 12:46 »
    Hi Ladies,

For over 50, do we have to have our mensturation keep going by using medication in order to go through IVF and having a chance of getting pregnant? or even if Menopause already started, we could have IVF treatment? Does anybody know how TM (where don't have age limit), would deal with the issue of creating the cycle and make uterus to have lining for implantation?

Thanks

Offline bundles

• Volunteer
    modify
    Exact age limits
    « Reply #16 on: 14/09/16, 16:57 »
    I believe when you downreg with Prostap this puts you, in effect, into menopause. You are then given the birth control pill. Then after your relevant period they build your lining up with estrogen (Progynova) and then Progesterone (Cyclogest) around your theoretical ovulation. The meds in brackets are what I took. All clinics are different, why not contact them directly or ask on the clinic thread where the cycling ladies may be able to help.

Offline Luci123

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    Exact age limits
    « Reply #17 on: 17/09/16, 09:44 »
    Hi Bundles, thank you for the response. In that case, there is hope for somebody who has been a few years in menopause and age 54.