* Author Topic: Low AMH / High FSH cycle buddies part 4  (Read 84740 times)

0 Members

Offline klik

• Gold Member
modify
Low AMH / High FSH cycle buddies part 4
« Reply #1280 on: 20/03/17, 00:37 »
Briss: I'm hoping it's a late implanter...

Bouje: Hmmm, I guess there's still a little bit of hope... but yeah, it's looking difficult now... Still, good luck...

Hopeful: CRGH is open every day of the year. Cornell is open every day except twice a year they shut down for a couple weeks to clean their labs. As for Gonal-F vs Menopur, yeah, there's some concern that LH may not be so good for eggs, so some clinics prefer FSH only... Probably depends on the woman, and maybe even the cycle... FWIW, my combination is 300iu Gonal-F, 150iu Menopur--my doc likes a little bit of LH in the mix. I'm so happy your lining has gone back to normal! You must be so relieved!!! Whenever you choose to do the next cycle, I hope that's the cycle for you! From where I stand right now, I'm also really glad on your behalf that you took some time off to get back to normal... Good luck!!!

Tily: it's really unlikely to have been the 11mm that fertilized for you! Maybe the embryologist wasn't paying attention to your question? Certainly both CRGH and Cornell can tell me when an egg is not mature. CRGH tells me right after the egg retrieval, which is incredible (I suspect they have a better lab than Cornell's, actually--what I wouldn't give to be cycling with them, using this protocol...) Cornell tells me the next day (a) how many of the eggs were mature at retrieval, (b) whether they matured in vitro overnight, and (c) how many of the mature ones fertilized. OMG, totally fly back! The embryo doesn't implant until a few days later, anyway--if you fly back same day or the day after, what could you possibly be doing wrong? (Not that I think flying at any time could be detrimental, mind you!) But I'm missing the point here--congratulations on being PUPO!!! That's so exciting! Good luck!!!

AFM: total bust... my little IVM longshot did not fertilize. On the plus side, the torture of not knowing will not be extended--we can just be depressed now and start get ready for our next attempt...

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Hopeful_81

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #1281 on: 20/03/17, 06:46 »
    Ah Klik, I'm so sorry, it just really really sucks. I wish there was something I could say to help but know there's not. Will you do the same next time? Look after yourself. Thanks so much for the well wishes, I am completely relieved, it just removes one issue from the equation.

Tily, congrats on being pupo!! Wow, that sounds like a complete mission. I would definitely fly!

Thanks for the responses re gonal f and menopur - love that I'm able to get more info from here than from my dr!

So my clinic is open every day of the week (and I had EC on a bank hol Monday last time) and does scans and transfers at the weekend just not collection. I guess because it's a NHS hospital and they don't employ the elective theatre staff over the weekend. It's a bit frustrating tbh as means you don't always get to have collection at the best possible time. Anyway, hopefully won't be a problem xx

Offline Rocket75

modify
    « Reply #1282 on: 20/03/17, 08:20 »
    Oh Klik, so sorry to hear that about your IVM egg.  You are sounding incredibly strong. Hope you're okay. When are you flying back from New York? Maybe you guys could treat yourselves to something fun out there to take your minds off things.  We've tended to go to the cinema after bad news as a bit of an escape.

Briss and Bouje - I'm still hoping for good news for you both as there may still be time and it seems quite early but I'm so sorry that you've had negatives so far. Bouje - I think we cycled at the same time last year too. 

Tily - great news to hear you had your transfer. What a long journey back. Bet you're both exhausted! When is test date? Bet it's quite late with Lister.

Hopeful - great to hear your lining is looking so much better.  I am on the LP with syneral nasal spray. I didn't respond well to gonal f this time (did on short protocol) so they changed me to menapor, which on Friday seemed to be helping. Didn't realise it had LH in it either. I'm on patches and vagifem for my thin lining.

Offline katkat2014

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #1283 on: 20/03/17, 08:38 »
    Bouje and briss am really sorry you hear your news.  This said, I know you said briss that an frer detects 9iu. My result last year was 66iu on 13dp3dt, so that would make it about 8.5 on 10dpo and only if it was really doubling every 48 hours... so please do wait a couple of days longer just in case

Klik, how sad, was really hoping you'll get an IVM success! I guess it was worth a try and it's upwards and onwards.  I always find it best to plan my next steps at this stage. Big hug to you

Offline susie76

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #1284 on: 20/03/17, 09:26 »
    Hi ladies, sorry slow on the response, it was a BFN for me too  :(

Online Briss

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #1285 on: 20/03/17, 10:11 »
    Thank you ladies for your support but it's still a clear bfn this morning not even a hint of a line. Waiting for bloods to confirm but I've already stopped progesterone. I just need my next cycle to start normally. Dh is visibly upset I guess he was sure cos most of my transfers ended with a bfp. There were various factors this time: et didn't go smoothly, traces of blood is just not good but also I started cramping right after et and it continues , cramping so early on can mean that uterine walls were disturbed during the procedure and uterus started contracting - not great environment very hard for embryo to implant. Also I picked up some infection and had temperature - also a no no in 2ww. But given my age it can also mean that the embryo wasn't good. I'll never know why.

Online Briss

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #1286 on: 20/03/17, 11:04 »
    Katkat, just saw your post 66iu on 13dp3dt, I didn't know that was possible. 13dp3dt is what 16 dpo? Or in my case thats supposed to be cd 2 of the next cycle. Still I so want to hope but don't really want to have false hope and miss my next cycle. Am so torn . How did that bfp end for you? My mind tells me to move on and focus on my next cycle but my heart wants to hope...

Offline 5thtimelucky

modify
    « Reply #1287 on: 20/03/17, 12:36 »
    It's so horrible when bad news seems to come in waves for us all....!  :'(

Susie - so so sorry to hear it's a bfn for you too. Was really hoping that ARGC would have worked for one of us at least! What do you think you'll do now?

Klik - so sorry that IVM didn't work for you. When can you start again?

Hopeful - fingers crossed your next cycle is the golden one for you! Have you decided when you might start again? (my clinic, Create, is open 7 days a week btw)

Tily - congrats on being PUPO! Sending you sticky vibes!!

Briss - I so know that feeling of clinging on to hope that there's still a chance! Praying that your blood test comes back with a different result for you.

Rocket - how far into your cycle are you?

AFM - had my scan this morning. I didn't really get the best explanation as to why the blood tests meant I shouldn't start the stims drugs on Friday! Under all the waffle, I got the general gist that the high LH could have indicated that my follicles might not grow properly this cycle. But scan this morning showed that one is growing fine. It's too late now for me to start the stims so they're converting this cycle to a completely natural one (i.e. no stims at all - just cetrotide from today). Hoping that doesn't make a difference and that there'll still be an egg there to collect at the end of this week!

Offline Riley12

• Volunteer
    modify
    « Reply #1288 on: 20/03/17, 12:57 »
    Hi ladies,

This thread is getting a bit long now so I have started a new one for you, it can be found here:

https://www.fertilityfriends.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=365426.new#new

Riley xx